Search This thread

rsbuttar7

Sep 14, 2011
Qadian
pls fix

its gd overall thnku..
but plz fix wifi drain
nd other force close

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

wats trim support howz it works??

xdema

Jul 5, 2014
What's TRIM support? i don'y know about it
For curious people

Data stored on NAND flash (yes like the SSD & ours phone's internal storage) is saved differently than on traditional hard drives. Similar to HDD storage, NAND also keeps a map of where data is stored. When you delete a file, rather than freeing up that spot for re-use, most of the time it’s simply marked as “not in use”. The data is still there, and, more importantly, the entry in the file system is still there. (We just can’t access because it’s “not in use”.) That means as you write and delete files, the file map has to get bigger, and it takes more time to find the files that you’re looking for. While technically not “fragmentation”, this “I/O lag” becomes more pronounced with use– causing your device to operate more slowly the more you use it. This problem has been present in virtually every Android-powered device (and almost every other device that uses NAND flash for storage)

TRIM essentially goes through the file records and frees up blocks that you’ve deleted by telling the controller to stop keeping track of them. Now the controller only has to keep track of the files that haven’t been deleted, which speeds things up significantly!

Short info
TRIM support was included in the desktop Linux kernel in 2008. Microsoft’s desktop operating systems didn’t get support until 2009 with Windows 7. Apple didn’t pick up TRIM support on OS X until 10.6.8 in 2011. Android, however, didn’t pick it up until version 4.3
Unfortunately, if a device isn’t running Android 4.3, it’s unlikely that OEM has built in TRIM support. For those of you who have another new devices running Android 4.3, you’re all set, TRIM is set up and running automatically.

Last edited:
Reactions: rharshit

rharshit

Jul 17, 2012
Mumbai
For curious people

Data stored on NAND flash (yes like the SSD & ours phone's internal storage) is saved differently than on traditional hard drives. Similar to HDD storage, NAND also keeps a map of where data is stored. When you delete a file, rather than freeing up that spot for re-use, most of the time it’s simply marked as “not in use”. The data is still there, and, more importantly, the entry in the file system is still there. (We just can’t access because it’s “not in use”.) That means as you write and delete files, the file map has to get bigger, and it takes more time to find the files that you’re looking for. While technically not “fragmentation”, this “I/O lag” becomes more pronounced with use– causing your device to operate more slowly the more you use it. This problem has been present in virtually every Android-powered device (and almost every other device that uses NAND flash for storage)

TRIM essentially goes through the file records and frees up blocks that you’ve deleted by telling the controller to stop keeping track of them. Now the controller only has to keep track of the files that haven’t been deleted, which speeds things up significantly!

Short info
TRIM support was included in the desktop Linux kernel in 2008. Microsoft’s desktop operating systems didn’t get support until 2009 with Windows 7. Apple didn’t pick up TRIM support on OS X until 10.6.8 in 2011. Android, however, didn’t pick it up until version 4.3
Unfortunately, if a device isn’t running Android 4.3, it’s unlikely that OEM has built in TRIM support. For those of you who have another new devices running Android 4.3, you’re all set, TRIM is set up and running automatically.

Thanks for the useful info. But unfortunately, the project is closed

Sent from my Xperia M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xdema

Jul 5, 2014
i know, it was only a little explanation about the absence of trim on <4.3 roms :D i'm waiting for your next omega rom :victory:
thanks for your work

ijestan

Jan 28, 2011
help me sir.

my phone is p500 and i already rooted it for CM7.2 optimus kang last 2010 and now iwant to try dis version of kitkat but i dont know to do it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dpACRxt.png

KitKat for Optimus One P500!
    I am not kidding. KitKat is optimized for devices with 512mb of RAM.

But wait! This is not Android 4.4. This is Android 4.2.2 (CM10.1.5 with HALO))) ) with KitKat experience!
    Almost like KitKat.

Features:
    • Android 4.4 KitKat experience
    • CM10.1.5 with HALO)))
    • KitKat Play Store
    • KitKat Play Services
    • KitKat Home (trimmed)
    • KitKat Google Now (trimmed)
    • etc, etc...

Whats Working:
    • Everything in CM10.1.5
    • HALO)))
    • Google apps
    • Everything else

Bugs:
    • WiFi Battery drain (kernel 3+ problem)
    • Google Now sometimes force closes on search
    • Google Now Voice Search gives FC (will be fixed soon :) )
    • PlatLogo gives a FC. Will be fixed in next update.
    • All ARMv7 features (Gesture typing in stock keyboard, Voice recognition, PhotoSphere, etc..

Screenhots:
    Google Now:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Home:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Tips:
    • To enable Google now in home screen, go to home, settings and turn on Google Now
    • To get better UI and UX, change the density from 160 to 145.
    • To see Android version as 4.4 in About phone, change the Android version in build.prop to 4.4.
    • To get better Ui and UX with updated Android version, do both the steps.
    *To get back original values, revert the changes.

Downloads:

Base ROM

Installation:
    • Download the Zip and place it in your SD card
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Wipe everything (Not necessary for CM10.1.5 or 10.1.6 but recommended)
    • Then flash the zip in your SD card
    • After it is completed, reboot it (First boot can take a bit of time, as long as 10 mins. So have patience)
    • Enjoy! :D
    Updates, Changelogs and Patches

Updates:
    Don't need to flash the whole ROM again. Just flash the latest Update though recovery.
    • Update 1
    • Update 2
    • Update 3
      (Some users have reported a bootloop after installing this update. Be sure to make a nandroid backup before installing this update.)
      EDIT: Refer this.

Changelog:
    • Update 1
      • Added gradient statusbar
      • Added gradient Navigation Bar
      • Partially ported KitKat Platform Logo
    • Update 2
      • Fixed Platform Logo issue (Used to Force Close)
    • Update 3
      • Added KitKat clock
      • Changed some visuals
      • Added many tweaks and scripts for smoother and lag-free experiance
      • build.prop tweaks for performance and quality
        (NOTE: Density and android version will revert back to orignal.)

Coming up next:
    • KitKat gradient Statusbar(In Update 1)
    • Google Now fix
    • KitKat camera (trimmed)

Sent from a device running KitKat ;)
    New screen by NotOnlyEyes
    What are these updates for? And thanks for the rom :)

Adding the changelog. Juat a minute