Knox troubles during root

Search This thread

Ron0716

Mar 24, 2014
I have a note 2 sgh-I317 running 4.3 root went through but supersu (2.01) keeps getting blocked by knox and I have it turned off. Ive tried finding wqys around it but I havent been successful. If someone can please help Id really appreciate it. By the way I was using cf auto-root through odin to root the phone. Thanks in advance.

R0B3RTF1SH3R

I have a note 2 sgh-I317 running 4.3 root went through but supersu (2.01) keeps getting blocked by knox and I have it turned off. Ive tried finding wqys around it but I havent been successful. If someone can please help Id really appreciate it. By the way I was using cf auto-root through odin to root the phone. Thanks in advance.

i had this when 4.3 first came out.
i cant remember how i got around it.
i think you have to revert so that when u load KNOX it says "INSTALL" so its not installed (even though its present).
then update Superuser to latest version after using CL_autoroot.

here is a thread i made about it a while back

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535015

Last edited:

Ron0716

Mar 24, 2014
I actually found a thread right before you posted this on here that stated something about ES file explorer so I downloaded that searched for superSU and clicked install even though it was already on the phone. And that allowed me to get into superSU then I used uninstaller pro and completely uninstalled Knox all together and made superSu into a system app. Been working flawlessly ever since. Then I installed triangle away and reset my flash counts and surprisingly they reset all the way to 0. I appreciate your response hopefully others that are having troubles with this see this and can root their galaxys without as much problems as I had.