Need some help regarding Odex Files and corresponding apks

Search This thread

Mach5

Nov 30, 2013
Delhi
Hi guys, I got this problem in my odexed stock rom, I have this problem in sysui, gallery and calculator.
I downloaded 4.2.2 style sysUI, pushed it in the respective folder by replacing with its stock sysUI.
I rebooted my core, the statusbar was gone, so I deleted 'SystemUI.odex" file, then rebooted it worked!
In the same way, I replaced stock gallery with note3 gallery, and stock SecCalculator2
Luckily note3 gallery worked, but it doesn't support Sim2 so I can't change Sim2's wallpaper or make it same as Sim1's.
In the statusbar, I can't see most notification cuz its completely transparent, and also its a bit laggy.
Calculator never worked
So I wanted to replace these with stock, when I pushed it in system>apps> I noticed that there were no .odex files for .apks
I replaced them with their stock odex files, none of 'em worked, I guess cuz of the odex thing, so I again deleted odex files and rebooted, nothing worked..
Now, I need some developer's advice, plz don't tell me to "Flash Stock Rom via Odin" I can't do it...
Is there any other left way to make them work plz I need help..

Last edited:

M_E_G_A_T_R_O_N

Jan 25, 2014
Delhi
xpertswiki.com
You are saying 'in my deodexed rom' and then you said 'deleted. Odex file for systemUI'

How could this be possible?
If you have .Odex files in system/apps folder then your ROM is not odexed.

Deodex it first using xUltimate tool

And yup Don't forget to set permissions = rw--r--r--

Reactions: Mach5

Mach5

Nov 30, 2013
Delhi
You are saying 'in my deodexed rom' and then you said 'deleted. Odex file for systemUI'

Sorry bro, huge typo. I meant in my odex rom and yes I set the proper permissions...

AnsleyC

Jan 24, 2014
Margao
Well, it seems to me that you have messed up your phone alot.. :rolleyes: Flashing stock rom via odin would've been the correct solution to this problem. It's not as difficult as you think, and you're capable of doing it. Follow thecoreguy's tutorial for that. :D

M_E_G_A_T_R_O_N

Jan 25, 2014
Delhi
xpertswiki.com
Sorry bro, huge typo. I meant in my odex rom and yes I set the proper permissions...

Then you have done wrong.
Not every apk can be used by just deleting the .odex file.
You need to deodex the apps in system/app and system/framework folder then you can easily replace the apks.

1.First restore back to any working backup.
2.Download xUltimate Tool.
3. Run it.
4. Then just run commands with options 1,2,3,4 (You just need to type 1 and then enter, then 2 and then enter, so on upto option 4.)
5. Exit after executing 4th option.
6. Download ADB tool(don't download the complete package, you will get a 1-2MB ADB.exe from the from itself) - Use it to push the deodexed files made from xultimate.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

If you find it difficult then Better you upload the apks with their respective odex file. I will deodex those apks

Reactions: Mach5

Mach5

Nov 30, 2013
Delhi
Finally got it! Special thanks to megatron ;)
Solution if u r screwed in my situation: don't panic, what I found why I cant do it was bcuz my phone has dat "newest" update of samsung ota. So b4 u take someone's apk and odex file always cross check this(image)
And then you are gud to go!!! U wont even need to restart it'll come automatically(my dad has same phone and same updated version as mine so I copied everything needed frm his phone to mine) @AnsleyC at times, the answer should not be "flash stock rom via ODIN" if u have a crappy pc, u can either repair faulty parts(easier and efficient) or buy a new one(bullcrap) ;)
Have fun everyone!

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1395415190291.jpg
    1395415190291.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No you can't because almost all stock apks have their respective odex files and every odex file contains resources that are needed to run those apks. Also there exists dependencies in system/framework folder. So just deleting odex file won't work all time.

Then you have done wrong.
    Not every apk can be used by just deleting the .odex file.
    You need to deodex the apps in system/app and system/framework folder then you can easily replace the apks.

1.First restore back to any working backup.
    2.Download xUltimate Tool.
    3. Run it.
    4. Then just run commands with options 1,2,3,4 (You just need to type 1 and then enter, then 2 and then enter, so on upto option 4.)
    5. Exit after executing 4th option.
    6. Download ADB tool(don't download the complete package, you will get a 1-2MB ADB.exe from the from itself) - Use it to push the deodexed files made from xultimate.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

If you find it difficult then Better you upload the apks with their respective odex file. I will deodex those apks