[ROOT] [How To] Install Google Play Store On Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD

Search This thread

yanogore

Jan 3, 2011
thanks for the replies guys

as yet im just running as rooted amazon OS with play store
ive been looking at roms but still not sure which one to take the leap with lol
where do i find option to clear cache ?

i too sideloaded the game before root which worked fine...just puzzled why play store not showing it as a down load option ?

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.games.r3_row

It seems that game supposed to be not compatible with kindle that's why it's not showing - I guess. Other thing is that it is working just fine when loaded from alt market.

magicnr

Nov 21, 2013
Search results simply bad

Hi guys, i've gone through some research on this matter, but was not able to find anything. Hopefully someone will be able to help me at least a little.

The situation is:

i have Kindle Fire HD 7", stock 7.4.6., rooted, with installed google play market 4.4.2.1. (had older version before, but the problem was the same).

When i search for an app, for example: TripAdvisor or Tripadvisor City Guide or even Airbnb i am getting only ****ty results and what i searched for is not there. (not even on plase 250. in results..). When i do search on google play on desktop computer or when i use the amazon store i am able to find it right away.

Any idea why the search in google play store does not find these apps at all? I think that airbnb or tripadvisor are rated pretty pretty good so should show up as top results.

If some additional info is needed, please just let me know.

thanks guys!
stan

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Sometimes some apps on the Play store won't show up if you're running a Kindle OS. It's a crappy deal but just how it is.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM 10.2 using xda app-developers

melchior39

Jul 10, 2013
(Root Users Only)
We All Know The Amazon Appstore Has A Huge Selection When It Comes To Music, Movies, And Books, The Same Cannot Be Said For Apps.
Despite The Fact That The Kindle Fire HD Is An Android Based Tablet It Doesn’t Officially Have Access To The Google Play Store.
We Also Know We Can Sideload Apps But It’s Much Nicer To Have The Google Play Store App On Your Kindle Fire HD.

I'll Show You How To Install And Setup The Latest Version Of The Google Play Store.

Just Follow This Easy Step By Step Instructions

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: First Download All Of The Following Files:
View attachment 2118880
View attachment 2118885
View attachment 2118892
View attachment 2118913
View attachment 2118914
View attachment 2118923
View attachment 2118924 - If You Don't Have Any File Explorer You Can Download One From The Amazon Appstore (I Reccommend Using ES File Explorer, It's The Better One).

- Step 2: Then Transfer All Of Them To The Kindle Fire HD.

- Step 3: Go To ES File Explorer, Go Into 'Tools' >'Root Explorer' >'Mount R/W' And Set Both To 'RW'.
View attachment 2118929 View attachment 2118930 View attachment 2118931

- Step 4: Now You Can Just Install (In That Order):
View attachment 2118880
View attachment 2118914
View attachment 2118885
View attachment 2118892
Or You Can Copy Those Files To system/app Folder (Without The Google Play Services App, Intall That One).
View attachment 2118932 View attachment 2118933

- Step 5: Reboot Your Device.

- Step 6: Now Copy The View attachment 2118923 To system/app Folder (Copy It). Then Tap The Vending.apk And Replace It.
View attachment 2118932 View attachment 2118933

- Step 7: Reboot Your Device Once Again.

- Step 8: At This Point You Can See The 'Android Market' App In The 'Apps Drawer'. Now You Can Just Open The App And Set Your Account, Or Update To Google Play Store.

- Step 9: Updating To Google Play Store. Search For View attachment 2118913 You Downloaded, Tap To Install And Replace It.

- Step 10: Reboot Your Device.

You're Done!

Now You Can Enjoy Those Apps, Music, Movies, And Books From The Google Play Store. Your 7" Kindle Fire HD Just Got Better.
Enjoy And Be Sure To Let Me know If You Have Any Issues Or Questions.

hi can i use this google play files to fix the playstore on my samsung Y 5360S

mine stopped and if i can use them the same order?

maxaurelius

Feb 26, 2013
Worked Great except for one step.

- Step 8: At This Point You Can See The 'Android Market' App In The 'Apps Drawer'. Now You Can Just Open The App And Set Your Account, Or Update To Google Play Store.

- Step 9: Updating To Google Play Store. Search For View attachment 2118913 You Downloaded, Tap To Install And Replace It.

Thanks. It worked great. One delay I experienced during the process was in opening the Google Play App and setting up my google account. It took a long time to load after registering my google account. I am thinking that it might have been caused choosing the option to let google backup the wifi settings and installed apps. Next time I have to go through this, I choose the option after I have the Google Play working and updated. Thanks for all your hard work. :D

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest

Thanks. It worked great. One delay I experienced during the process was in opening the Google Play App and setting up my google account. It took a long time to load after registering my google account. I am thinking that it might have been caused choosing the option to let google backup the wifi settings and installed apps. Next time I have to go through this, I choose the option after I have the Google Play working and updated. Thanks for all your hard work. :D

You can also just use Titanium Backup app to back up all you apps. It's faster too.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest

NickSaul

Jan 3, 2012
Buffalo, NY
www.NickSaulino.com
I followed all of the directions, and now I can sign into Chrome, but when I try to open Play Store, it just crashes right away, and opening Google Keep tells me that I need a Play Store Services update for it to run. I sideloaded Chrome and Keep.

Any Ideas?

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I'm getting the same message "Sorry, test failed. This feature cannot run on your device" but my Kindle Fire HD is rooted. Our at least it was. Is it possible for the root to be cancelled out without me knowing?

These files may be a bit outdated. I would just use Root Many Android and let the tool install Google Play as well. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

These files may be a bit outdated. You can try Root Many Android and let the tool install Google Play as well. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

aceviral

Dec 22, 2013
Safe to root?

These files may be a bit outdated. I would just use Root Many Android and let the tool install Google Play as well. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

These files may be a bit outdated. You can try Root Many Android and let the tool install Google Play as well. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Is it safe to try to root a Kindle Fire HD that has been rooted previously? I used to have the Google play store running fine but having read a few posts on forums, I suspect an update to the Amazon App store stopped it working. Trouble is, I can't get it working again and in the process of trying to reinstall the GP store file, when I'm trying to copy the files to the system/app folder, ES File Explorer is telling me the Root Explorer isn't working, gives the message "Sorry, test failed. This feature cannot run on your device." That kinda suggests the device isn't rooted, although it certainly used to be. For one thing I have ADW installed & running fine.

Seems a bit odd somehow. Sorry for rambling on but it's better to give the full story than to expect the right answer without it. 8)

Ace

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Is it safe to try to root a Kindle Fire HD that has been rooted previously? I used to have the Google play store running fine but having read a few posts on forums, I suspect an update to the Amazon App store stopped it working. Trouble is, I can't get it working again and in the process of trying to reinstall the GP store file, when I'm trying to copy the files to the system/app folder, ES File Explorer is telling me the Root Explorer isn't working, gives the message "Sorry, test failed. This feature cannot run on your device." That kinda suggests the device isn't rooted, although it certainly used to be. For one thing I have ADW installed & running fine.

Seems a bit odd somehow. Sorry for rambling on but it's better to give the full story than to expect the right answer without it. 8)

Ace

If you get an Amazon OTA update, that will brake your root. If that be the case then you need to re-root. then use Kiindle Fire FirstAid to remove OTA update possibility and that will not happen again.

You can also click on ES File Explorer and click on tools > root explorer > make sure it is "on." At the least, when you open ES File Explorer you should see a pop up say " ES File Explorer has been granted root access for an interactive shell." You can side load a root checker or get one off 1Mobile and see if you lost root.

Edit: Changed the question mark to a period. An Amazon firmware update will break your root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (Root Users Only)
    We All Know The Amazon Appstore Has A Huge Selection When It Comes To Music, Movies, And Books, The Same Cannot Be Said For Apps.
    Despite The Fact That The Kindle Fire HD Is An Android Based Tablet It Doesn’t Officially Have Access To The Google Play Store.
    We Also Know We Can Sideload Apps But It’s Much Nicer To Have The Google Play Store App On Your Kindle Fire HD.

I'll Show You How To Install And Setup The Latest Version Of The Google Play Store.

Just Follow This Easy Step By Step Instructions

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: First Download All Of The Following Files:
    View attachment 2118880
    View attachment 2118885
    View attachment 2118892
    View attachment 2118913
    View attachment 2118914
    View attachment Vending.apk
    View attachment 2118924 - If You Don't Have Any File Explorer You Can Download One From The Amazon Appstore (I Reccommend Using ES File Explorer, It's The Better One).

- Step 2: Then Transfer All Of Them To The Kindle Fire HD.

- Step 3: Go To ES File Explorer, Go Into 'Tools' >'Root Explorer' >'Mount R/W' And Set Both To 'RW'.
    Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-34-44.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-34-55.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-35-09.jpg

- Step 4: Now You Can Just Install (In That Order):
    View attachment 2118880
    View attachment 2118914
    View attachment 2118885
    View attachment 2118892
    Or You Can Copy Those Files To system/app Folder (Without The Google Play Services App, Intall That One).
    Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-29.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-33.jpg

- Step 5: Reboot Your Device.

- Step 6: Now Copy The View attachment Vending.apk To system/app Folder (Copy It). Then Tap The Vending.apk And Replace It.
    Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-29.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-33.jpg

- Step 7: Reboot Your Device Once Again.

- Step 10: Reboot Your Device.

You're Done!

Now You Can Enjoy Those Apps, Music, Movies, And Books From The Google Play Store. Your 7" Kindle Fire HD Just Got Better.
    Enjoy And Be Sure To Let Me know If You Have Any Issues Or Questions.
    Maybe I missed it... but what about the "Account And Sync Settings-2.3.4.apk" file? You never say when to install it.

-T
    tried that
    like I said
    the market works just fine, it's only when I update to the play store that it breaks
    thanks for the suggestion
    With all due respect to the OP, there is already a working tutorial for getting the Play Store installed. It is very specific and has to be done a certain way in order to guarantee your success.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069329

The manual method from that thread is what the RootPlus script to install the Play Store is based on and works ~99% of the time for all 2nd generation devices.
    D
    Deleted member 4707892
    Worked for me.

Instructions worked perfectly for me. Good job.

Does adding the Google Play store using this method require the Kindle Fire to be rooted?

It says [ROOT] right in the title of the post. (Typed exactly the same as the post title.)

Sent From My Kindle Fire HD Running CyanogenMod 10.1