[m8vzw][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

vanydotk

Mar 31, 2006
Installed nV ROM using this recovery, so far so good! Just for future reference, when an update comes out, could we just flash the update using recovery or will it need to be upgraded using fastboot/Flashify?

Thanks for your hard work!

schwartz.matthew.e

Sep 17, 2013
Installed nV ROM using this recovery, so far so good! Just for future reference, when an update comes out, could we just flash the update using recovery or will it need to be upgraded using fastboot/Flashify?

Thanks for your hard work!

I don't know why flashify wouldn't work.. That's how I installed this recovery.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

6.41.6 with built in kernel exfat drivers and cm support is up
Please give your feedback

You might want to update the link in the OP. Was able to get the latest from your main thread (after noticing that it said you had a unified recovery now instead of parallel versions).

UPDATE: Flashed this, did a Nandroid, rebooted, access to my exFAT formatted sdcard was hinky, and then my Verizon M8 rebooted while attempting to read the sdcard in Root Explorer. Upon further multiple reformats, appears to be a bad card.

Last edited:

jascolli

Aug 7, 2013
Does anybody by chance have this as a zip file rather than an img? I'm a bit of a noob and was hoping to flash this using my existing recovery. Thanks in advance

bbgreen

Feb 11, 2011
Ruston
Does anybody by chance have this as a zip file rather than an img? I'm a bit of a noob and was hoping to flash this using my existing recovery. Thanks in advance

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify

Flashify is the way to go for flashing the .img file. But @andybones has some empty .zips in the themes section.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify

Flashify is the way to go for flashing the .img file. But @andybones has some empty .zips in the themes section.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52520133

Reactions: jascolli

ksd202

Oct 24, 2008
Kenosha
Shutdown boots to recovery instead of shutting down

Every time I chose to shut down the phone using this recovery (6.41.6), The system starts the shutdown process but then reboots into recovery/hboot. I've tried the shutdown command from within the recovery and it just reboots to the hboot screen. I originally came from CWM's touch recovery but tried Philz so I could install a few other roms that require that version. With CWM, the system behaves as it should. With Philz CWM, the reboot issue shows its ugly head....every time. Any thoughts? HTC One M8 tried with stock, Cyanogen and Viper

Philz Touch 6.41.6
Ckockworkmod 6.0.4.8

Bump....anybody got suggestions?:confused:

Last edited:

MacFett

Nov 7, 2011
Miskatonic
When I boot into recovery 6.27..5-m8vzw I have the error E:could not mount /data to setup /data/media path!

I have reflashed the recovery, I have redownloaded it and then reflashed it. If I try and mount /data I get Error mounting /data! Formatting it gives the same error and it skips the format.

I am trying to restore my stock nandroid so I can get a GPS lock and then go back to CM11.

Duckman_UF

Oct 9, 2010
Gainesville
When I boot into recovery 6.27..5-m8vzw I have the error E:could not mount /data to setup /data/media path!

I have reflashed the recovery, I have redownloaded it and then reflashed it. If I try and mount /data I get Error mounting /data! Formatting it gives the same error and it skips the format.

I am trying to restore my stock nandroid so I can get a GPS lock and then go back to CM11.

It sounds like your /data partition is corrupt just like mine is. Take a look at this thread and let me know if you have had any of these problems if you don't mind.

http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one-m8/help/flashing-problems-t2834991

I'm on Philz now and I'm getting the same error. Has nothing to do with Philz. I'm going to try what dottat suggests in the last post when I get time.

Reactions: MacFett

MacFett

Nov 7, 2011
Miskatonic
It sounds like your /data partition is corrupt just like mine is. Take a look at this thread and let me know if you have had any of these problems if you don't mind.

http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one-m8/help/flashing-problems-t2834991

I'm on Philz now and I'm getting the same error. Has nothing to do with Philz. I'm going to try what dottat suggests in the last post when I get time.
I switched to twrp as there is an option in it to repair /data was able to flash a stock ROM for gps. Thanks for that thread I'll check it out so I can hopefully switch back to philz.

Sent from my OnePlus One using XDA Free mobile app

Duckman_UF

Oct 9, 2010
Gainesville
I switched to twrp as there is an option in it to repair /data was able to flash a stock ROM for gps. Thanks for that thread I'll check it out so I can hopefully switch back to philz.

Sent from my OnePlus One using XDA Free mobile app

Where do you see an option in TWRP to "Repair" your data partition???

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Found it, will see if it works. I'm going to reflash Philz and see if I'm getting the same error.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Found it, will see if it works. I'm going to reflash Philz and see if I'm getting the same error.

Unfortunately for me it didn't fix my issue. I thought that sounded way too simple. It's going to take a modified RUU or something like that to truly repair a corrupted data partition. There's a guide here somewhere but it's only for GSM M8's....which suks.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Unfortunately for me it didn't fix my issue. I thought that sounded way too simple. It's going to take a modified RUU or something like that to truly repair a corrupted data partition. There's a guide here somewhere but it's only for GSM M8's....which suks.

I take that back??? WTH?? I just shut my phone down and entered Philz from the key combo (Hboot screen) and I'm not getting the error any more. I'm going to try and flash a sense based ROM. If this is all it took to fix my data partition I'm gonna be pissed lol! Ive spent a long time dealing with this issue.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

I take that back??? WTH?? I just shut my phone down and entered Philz from the key combo (Hboot screen) and I'm not getting the error any more. I'm going to try and flash a sense based ROM. If this is all it took to fix my data partition I'm gonna be pissed lol! Ive spent a long time dealing with this issue.

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. I still cant install a GPE ROM. DH's ROM appeared to install correctly but it just sat there afterward and spun the nice little GPE balls around forever. Back to my nandroid of KingKang. So frustrated.

Reactions: MacFett

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. I still cant install a GPE ROM. DH's ROM appeared to install correctly but it just sat there afterward and spun the nice little GPE balls around forever. Back to my nandroid of KingKang. So frustrated.
Wait for our firmware to update then try installing again, I bet it'll work then.

Duckman_UF

Oct 9, 2010
Gainesville

kerryh420

Account currently disabled
Dec 19, 2013
Usa
cutt.ly
I just got this phone and am Looking for a copy of phils recovery for HTC one M8 verizon:

HTC One M8 Verizon (m8vzw)

Goo has gone down and no more link to it. Does anyone have or know where I can get philz recovery at. ? Please help

cntryby429

Aug 27, 2013
Washington D.C.
I just got this phone and am Looking for a copy of phils recovery for HTC one M8 verizon:

Goo has gone down and no more link to it. Does anyone have or know where I can get philz recovery at. ? Please help

As far as xda goes, everybody seems to be using twrp. I would recommend using either the latest official or whatever the latest version is by captain throwback. His versions always seem to be one step ahead of official twrp.

Reactions: darkriff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

To take a screen shot, just long press outside a menu (2 sec and slightly change pressure after the delay)

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [m8vzw][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch, a Tool/Utility for the Verizon HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    Phil3759

Version Information

Created 2014-04-21
    Last Updated 2014-04-20
    so i was running viper for verizon . installed through twrp . decided to flashify philz . worked perfectly . rebooted into philz and decided to make a backup of my current rom to be safe . made the backup and simply rebooted to my viper without doing anything else besides a simple backup .. did not wipe anything , went to reboot and there was no rom available running on my phone , tried to restore backup and reboot and it just kept rebooting back into philz . obviously nobody else has had this problem but that was weird it just totally wiped out viper and my phone had no rom on it . thank god i had a rom on my storage to flash

Viper bugs - - > viper threads
    Think it is cwm bug, post a log
    No log = hard to help
    Please test new verizon dedicated release and let me know if all is fine
    Only for unlocked editions
    Working just fine on my end. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

As far as xda goes, everybody seems to be using twrp. I would recommend using either the latest official or whatever the latest version is by captain throwback. His versions always seem to be one step ahead of official twrp.