Warning! Samsung's My Magazine Home.apk

Search This thread

anticloud

Mar 25, 2014
Chicago Area
Warning!

Samsung's My Magazine Home.Apk reads your contacts as mail is received -

and a side effect bug. If "My Magazine Home.apk" is removed from the system folder and you have email notification switched on - you will get an error, email will stop working if you attempt to open your incoming email from the notification bar...

Reactions: Smitelight

anticloud

Mar 25, 2014
Chicago Area
App Ops? - the answer? Maybe?

Well this solves my entire issue damn I had no idea why Email was doing that on Stock

This is a function of trust I guess -

On my ROM, Beanstown106's Jellybeans Rom for Note 3 - *MJE version; I opted to put My Magazine back but go to App Ops, find Magazine, and revoke permissions for reading contacts, and updates etc... Will it work, dunno?

To further prevent "stuff" from happening with Magazine, I cracked open SQL Lite editor, found the My Magazine database, and looked in the config table - stripped it of all personal account information (e.g. contacts, music, video, etc) - whatever I can find... whacked it...

Have a nice day

Morlok8k

Aug 28, 2012
Pacific Northwest
This is a function of trust I guess -

On my ROM, Beanstown106's Jellybeans Rom for Note 3 - *MJE version; I opted to put My Magazine back but go to App Ops, find Magazine, and revoke permissions for reading contacts, and updates etc... Will it work, dunno?

To further prevent "stuff" from happening with Magazine, I cracked open SQL Lite editor, found the My Magazine database, and looked in the config table - stripped it of all personal account information (e.g. contacts, music, video, etc) - whatever I can find... whacked it...

Have a nice day

I have two My Magazine's listed:
"sstream.app" & "com.samsung.android.app.lounge"

I've looked in both and i dont see any personal info anywhere.

more info?

beepea206

Mar 18, 2011
The permissions required to run the app tell the tale. I saw the permissions and immediately closed the app. I got no time for that jibber jabber.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
The interesting part is freezing it causes the problem. So whatever actually hands email notification over to My Magazine still tries to do it. I wonder if figuring out what is handing it off could be patched up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning!

Samsung's My Magazine Home.Apk reads your contacts as mail is received -

and a side effect bug. If "My Magazine Home.apk" is removed from the system folder and you have email notification switched on - you will get an error, email will stop working if you attempt to open your incoming email from the notification bar...