[Q] How to use Desktop/Laptop to send/receive Whatsapp messages?

Search This thread

dylansmith

Jan 23, 2012
I've been looking high and low for something that can achieve what is mentioned here, but to no avail. I would like the ability to send/receive messages directly from my Desktop without having to touch my phone (something similar to AirDroid, though unfortunately it only supports SMS).

AirDroid claimed they were able to make it work, though it requires root and other permissions that may infringe privacy rights. this leads me to believe that a similar software should exist.

any recommendations? please don't suggest emulators/BlueStacks - as the experience is suboptimal, and/or one would be required to have a separate phone number or sign out from the phone service in order to use it exclusively on the desktop.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
I know you said not to mention emulators but you can use a emulator and change the IMEI and MAC Address to the same ones on your phone, then download whatsapp and you will then be able to use whatsapp on both, emulator & phone at the same time.

AAbounegm

Feb 22, 2014
Cairo
I've been looking high and low for something that can achieve what is mentioned here, but to no avail. I would like the ability to send/receive messages directly from my Desktop without having to touch my phone (something similar to AirDroid, though unfortunately it only supports SMS).

AirDroid claimed they were able to make it work, though it requires root and other permissions that may infringe privacy rights. this leads me to believe that a similar software should exist.

any recommendations? please don't suggest emulators/BlueStacks - as the experience is suboptimal, and/or one would be required to have a separate phone number or sign out from the phone service in order to use it exclusively on the desktop.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I was going to say Bluestacks, but you said no emulators. And when you mentioned AirDroid it reminded me of something else, TeamViewer. I use TeamViewer to control my phone from the PC and vice versa (yes you can, in case you didn't know). But you need to install the main TeamViewer app, then the TeamViewer QuickSupport app, then the QS Addon for your specific device. Then you can control your phone from the PC and use WhatsApp.

I know you said not to mention emulators but you can use a emulator and change the IMEI and MAC Address to the same ones on your phone, then download whatsapp and you will then be able to use whatsapp on both, emulator & phone at the same time.

I actually downloaded it to both and kept switching between them, so can you please tell me how do you change the IMEI and MAC Address on Bluestacks?

Just2Cause

Oct 27, 2013
Doha, Qatar
I actually downloaded it to both and kept switching between them, so can you please tell me how do you change the IMEI and MAC Address on Bluestacks?

I don't really know how to change it on bluestacks but I know that 2 devices with same MAC Address can receive messages, and if they were same IMEI too they both will be able to send messages on whatsapp.

dylansmith

Jan 23, 2012

the reason why I mentioned no emulators (and similarly, no VNC-like service.. even teamviewer falls under the same category) is that the performance is pretty bad, regardless of how high end your desktop specifications or network connection is (i.e. it can never reach something like 50fps smoothness).

preferably a native app built for this very purpose - welcoming more suggestions!

thanks!

arjs1000

Apr 24, 2011
Fantastic idea

I am currently not sure if this is possible due to constants of the What's app service linking to phone numbers.

However, if there was a tool that can apply iMessage like functionality to What's App I would definitely download it.

Regards,

Arjun

dylansmith

Jan 23, 2012
I am currently not sure if this is possible due to constants of the What's app service linking to phone numbers.

However, if there was a tool that can apply iMessage like functionality to What's App I would definitely download it.

Regards,

Arjun

it is 100% possible because AirDroid has achieved that before, but didn't allow it due to security vulnerabilities.

anyone got a suggestion please? :)