[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

LordDeath

Nov 30, 2006
Hi,

Mobile Shell enables the HTC Menu Replacement altough is disables Manila3D. How can I disable the HTC Menu while Mobile Shell is running? In think the standard WM6.5 menus look much better.

gab2409

Oct 9, 2009
I can answer my own question now, just in case anyone else needs the info. you can add a shortcut to the phonedialer.exe from spb's shortcut manager (my shortcuts/add file). it is a generic .exe icon, but it works nonetheless.

dgmorland

Oct 4, 2009
Any way to replicate the "favorites" background tile images?

ChangeLog:
9th October 2009 - Only for QVGA at the moment:
+ Fixed Modern Digital Clock Frame (wasnt moveable before)
+ Carousel Image will now change along with other screens using qa_fundotela2 file
+ Added small invisible link
+ Added date only widget
+ Added ALL Backing Panels, buttons and seperator lines that was available in 3.0.1
+ Added 3 new weather widgets (Standard Medium, Manilla Medium and Soft Large)
+ Rearranged widget list so that the most frequently used widgets are at the top
+ Changed the Date Widget group into a Backing Panels Widget group and added a custom icon (date widgets are still selectable through the Backing Panels widget group

Download and more info *HERE*

Hi, thanks for your great widgets! I am wondering if there is a way to replicate the look that shows on the "favorites" screen in SPB Mobile Shell v3.5 where there is a background tile behind the program icon and name. I would like to use this same style on the other screens where I can put links to my apps. I have attached am image showing the tiles. I have a WVGA screen resolution. Since they are obviously there for the favorites, is there a way I can grab the existing image and reuse this?

Attachments

• spscreen.jpg
    spscreen.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 448

NLWaard

Jul 2, 2009
I do want to verify. I change the qa-layout.dat to .rar and extract using p/w. Then I compress again to a rar file and change the rar to dat. Is that the correct procedure? If not, then there lies my problem.
Thanks to all
and
to MSkip..you widgets are excellent!!
.....- Add the xml file to your qa_layouts.dat (remember encryption password b0fm18zq )
Why don't u (both) use ShellExtension to put XML's in the qa_Layouts.dat file.
It’s much easier no use off passwords, always the correct zip file.
and see instantly the output of your work...

Just put the xml file in the "ZipToDat" map on your device and start ShellExtension. and restart shell. That’s all...
For ShellExtension see here

Last edited:

vladimired

Jul 6, 2009
Is it possible to change link of SMS Widget to another Sms application? I want SMS Widget to open SMS-chat application

Vostradamus

Feb 11, 2008
Genova
play.google.com
Why don't u (both) use ShellExtension to put XML's in the qa_Layouts.dat file.
It’s much easier no use off passwords, always the correct zip file.
and see instantly the output of your work...

Just put the xml file in the "ZipToDat" map on your device and start ShellExtension. and restart shell. That’s all...
For ShellExtension see here

That's correct, I just wanted to write instructions usable by everyone even without any other software, but what you suggest is definitely correct! :)

ihsan777

Dec 30, 2008
how to make 3D email and SMS viewer of spb mobile shell 3.5 work on htc universal

plz is there a way to get the 3D email and SMS viewer and coursal 3d reflection to work on htc universal coz wen ever i push the email or sms icon i get the same windows mobile wite format plz help me out wid this:confused:

NLWaard

Jul 2, 2009
plz is there a way to get the 3D email and SMS viewer and coursal 3d reflection to work on htc universal coz wen ever i push the email or sms icon i get the same windows mobile wite format plz help me out wid this:confused:
Did you follow the trick from post #1 "Trick: HowTo; turn on the 3D view of the MSH3.5 carousel"????

Last edited:

vladimired

Jul 6, 2009
How to create invisible link? I only find that Mskip Elegance build has it...but i don't want to install it....because i just need invisible link and nothing more :)

tacchan23

Aug 3, 2009

Anybody has any idea how the "bottom menu bar" of Ziphone works? I was told before that the bottom bar can only be used to launch some SPB panels but on Ziphone they use it to launch Email and SMS (tmail).
How to customize it further to other applications?
Also if someone could point me which of the dat files I should check about the modified SPB icons (such as the Contacs, Launcher, Weather, SPB panel, etc)... is there a way to import them to some other mods like ProPlus? any links on this subject would be appreciated too.

Vostradamus

Feb 11, 2008
Genova
play.google.com
Just released :p

Vostradamus Widgets 2.05

069a2522c0.jpg

95e2e8c5f3.gif

df6ed0471b.gif

23f8057f0b.gif

What's new in this version?

- Updated small box Original Link Skin to include other colors (blue, cyan, green, red, yellow)
- Added new Analog Zodiac clock, showing current Zodiac Sign and Constellation and updating automatically!

Detailed info and download links Here!

Enjoy! :D

busymom

Aug 29, 2009
Anybody has any idea how the "bottom menu bar" of Ziphone works? I was told before that the bottom bar can only be used to launch some SPB panels but on Ziphone they use it to launch Email and SMS (tmail).
How to customize it further to other applications?
Also if someone could point me which of the dat files I should check about the modified SPB icons (such as the Contacs, Launcher, Weather, SPB panel, etc)... is there a way to import them to some other mods like ProPlus? any links on this subject would be appreciated too.

I would like to know how to incorporate the widgets into MSkips Ultimate Elegance as well. Any advice would be great. Thanks.:)

_LeCiel_

Sep 10, 2009
lukebasarab.deviantart.com
GWeather in place of SPB Mobile Shell's default weather widget

In SPB Mobile Shell, when you click on the weather widget...

pccapture1a.jpg

...you'll be redirected to the default (built in) weather application.

pccapture2.jpg

but lately I came across a great app from ageye called G-Weather http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gweather/about with beautiful TouchFLO 3D-like weather animation and small in size updates.

Screen01.jpg

I was wondering is there a way to make the weather widget from my Lifestyle screen link directly to G-Weather and not the SPB app.

rfarrah

May 30, 2008
OKC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
How to create invisible link? I only find that Mskip Elegance build has it...but i don't want to install it....because i just need invisible link and nothing more :)

I think that's a special thing only available through Mskip's themes. It's free (although I'm sure Mskip would appreciate a $$ thank you) and won't hurt your functionality. Use what works for you.

Top Liked Posts