[Q] Firmware upgrade encountered an issue

Search This thread

faulknad

Oct 11, 2013
Plano
I have an SGH-1747 on AT&T. I already had the OTA 4.3 update on my phone and I wanted to simply wipe all of the apps off so it was a fresh 4.3 install as it was running slow. I went into the settings and did a factory wipe thinking that would wipe it back to original 4.3 but when it rebooted it hung on the AT&T screen.

I went into Recovery mode and wiped everything to factory refresh from there hoping that would fix it and it made it worse. Now when I reboot i simply get the Firmware upgrade encountered an issue and it asks me to use Kies to go into recovery mode. I did that multiple times and it never worked. Simply kept failing.

I am able to get into Download Mode but I can't seem to find a ODIN version of the 4.3 that I can try to flash it back to. I would love to go back to a 4.2 version if that would work but I stopped before I made it worse. In download mode it says

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME SGH-I747
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: YES (2 COUNTS) - Early on with 4.1 i had flash up to 4.2 using ODIN but i have on official AT&T release since
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
WARRANTY BIT = 1
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2

Any advice out there? I am thinking I soft bricked my phone but I am not sure?

PLEASE HELP!

faulknad

Oct 11, 2013
Plano
There is no stock 4.3 AT&T ROM that can be flashed via Odin. You cannot downgrade the bootloader to an older version.

You can try this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486

Thanks for the info. I actually got it fixed by giving in and going to best buy and the Samsung guys actually were able to flash it to a fresh 4.3 image. They knew it had a non factory image on it in the past based on the counter but they still did it. I'm all fixed now which was awesome.