SD Cards Half Life 2

Search This thread

funb0b

Feb 5, 2011
Folkestone
Maybe the new SanDisk 128gb that's been bumped to 48mbps vs the old version that was 30mbps
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M5...200_QL40&qid=1409887321&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Some what concerned about these adverts claiming 48mb/s as I cannot find any evidence of this on the official SanDisk website they claim 40mb/s**.

No mention of any new versions.

http://www.sandisk.co.uk/products/m...ra-plus-class10-for-android/?capacity=128GB#

Perhaps an owner can do an accurate A1 test and post the results.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

funb0b

Feb 5, 2011
Folkestone
I have the Samsung 64gb pro, and it still sucks with half life, it does work pretty good on portal and every other situation since is a pretty fast SD card.

Hmm should be ok if it lives up to it's spec's.

There are a heck of a lot of fake cards out there, have you run it through A1 Advanced with reboot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

dumbdroid

Oct 13, 2011
Yes, not a fake for sure, bought at a local shop...pretty expensive too. Makes me regret not to buy the 32gb model to start with.

Attachments

• 1409999568758.jpg
    1409999568758.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 207

funb0b

Feb 5, 2011
Folkestone
Yes, not a fake for sure, bought at a local shop...pretty expensive too. Makes me regret not to buy the 32gb model to start with.

Good reads, writes are a little low not sure it should make that much of a difference, the only thing that stands out to me is the card is all most full which will have an effect.

SEscobedo

Apr 3, 2010
I got my Lexar 633x 64GB card in the mail today. One thing I'm concerned about is that the picture shown shows a Class 10 U3 card but the one I received in the mail is a Class 10 U1. Ran multiple tests and it's averaging around 78MB/s for read and around 18MB/s for write. I was hoping for a better write speed and I'm figuring the U1 has a big part as to the reason why it's not.

*Edit* When using the USB adapter, it's getting 90MB/s and 46MB/s. When on my LG G3 or Nvidia Tablet, not so much.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since only having 16gb the need for an SD card is high, been using a 64gb Sandisk Ultra which I thought was a good card.

Since trying to play Half Life 2 from the SD it takes ages to load and stutters not a massive deal but annoying none the less.

Did a full test of the nand memory with reboot and that came back at 89 read and 36 write.

The Sandisk came back with 35 read & 7 write.

Gone for a 32gb 633 Lexar card. Roughly 90mb/s read 40mb/s write.* Paid £21 inc cash back.

The only other card I could find faster was the Sandisk Extreme PRO which is only available in 16gb flavour and clocks in at an impressive 90 read and 90 write. Expensive though. £26 for 16gb

The Sandisk Extreme Plus looks good as well with 80read & 50 write, bit more expensive than the Lexar. £30 for 32gb

Should be here in a couple of days, I'll do a few tests and report back.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
    Lexar has been in the flash memory game as long as I can remember (and that includes when CF was common and SmartMedia was the main contender). I've have multiple lexar cards and never had any issues. I suppose they're not as well known as sandisk but they are darn good.