[ROM][ALPHA] Official Xperia T alpha JB SW from Sony

Search This thread

tomatos

May 13, 2011
Szombathely
I would like to test this alpha rom with Doomlord patch. In a first post has a link but i download the gz file and i have a question? How can i this file flashing? This is not a CWM zip and not a flashtool file. Can you give me a help?

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
I would like to test this alpha rom with Doomlord patch. In a first post has a link but i download the gz file and i have a question? How can i this file flashing? This is not a CWM zip and not a flashtool file. Can you give me a help?

those are kernel sources....

use the Sony flashtool to download and flash the firmware...

y2grae

Nov 12, 2010
Coventry
Doom you are a legend :)

I think I am going in circles here. the link for the dl takes me to open source archives and download 198mb 9.1.A.0.420.tar

cant get flashtool to recognise it (think same problem as person earlier)

but how do i get from that to the firmware to flash?;

sorry for being noobish but driving myself crazy

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Doom you are a legend :)

I think I am going in circles here. the link for the dl takes me to open source archives and download 198mb 9.1.A.0.420.tar

cant get flashtool to recognise it (think same problem as person earlier)

but how do i get from that to the firmware to flash?;

sorry for being noobish but driving myself crazy

You cant flash this in flashtool.
Please use emma to flash this rom.

Or use the ftf mentioned in the pist above this one. The doenload link in the op of this thread cannot be flashed in flashtool as it is mot a ftf of the rom

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: y2grae

y2grae

Nov 12, 2010
Coventry
You cant flash this in flashtool.
Please use emma to flash this rom.

Or use the ftf mentioned in the pist above this one. The doenload link in the op of this thread cannot be flashed in flashtool as it is mot a ftf of the rom

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

sorted now Greg.

Cheers for that, and just to add.... official JB is just amazing :D

baz@gmx.co.uk

Dec 2, 2010
Can I politely remind everyone to give some feedback on this release, it is wonderful and refreshing that Sony have given us this preview, the least we can do to encourage this is to give some advice and user experience.
Thank you all, and thank you again Sony :)

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Unisian

Dec 26, 2011
Cambridge
I'm currently using this as my Daily, thanks to DooMLorDs patches and in all fairness I can say that Sony have done an AMAZING job.

I was never too keen on the Sony Skin for ICS or GB, but I'm totally in love with the new one that they're introducing with JB. I can honestly say, I can't find much fault in it anywhere!

Everything is fast and fluid and is exceptional for an Alpha ROM.

The only thing I will suggest (and I appreciate that it is still an Alpha ROM) is to really push the effort with the Camera and truely show the great potential Sony's camera has...

I've been with Sony for the last 7 years (From the W810i) and don't plan on switching any time soon!

I'd like say say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to Sony for all of their hard work and I can not wait until the Xperia Z is available, as I will be buying it on the day of release :highfive: Good Job, Sony.

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
almost forgot ;)

here is the feedback...

use this as my daily ROM since its release...

pros:

• very smooth, fluid
  • very stable, havent had any crashes, restarts
  • amazing battery life, was able to get ~20hrs with lots of voice calls, hsdpa data [Calls and Data is not supposed to be working on the Alpha ROM anyways :p) and medium usage (and still had 6% remaining)
  • finally the messaging app doesnt move the text entry into the "send to" field... this was VERY annoying on the ICS 7.0.A.3.223 FW

cons:

• the phone app occasionally hangs and is not able to populate the call logs, sometimes there is a delay while loading the list and the smart dialer doesnt function properly then
  • while in camera the "Picture Effect" cause slow processing of the incoming image, i think its best to keep this as a post capture option/filter

wishlist

• burst mode support in camera (even if its for lower resolution images <13MP its fine)
  • more "small apps"... absolutely love this functionality
  • release the final ROM asap :)

eagerly awaiting the final release...

I have a request to the Sony devs, kindly provide a JB-Alpha for the Xperia S (LT26) as well...

y2grae

Nov 12, 2010
Coventry
almost forgot ;)

here is the feedback...

use this as my daily ROM since its release...

pros:

• very smooth, fluid
  • very stable, havent had any crashes, restarts
  • amazing battery life, was able to get ~20hrs with lots of voice calls, hsdpa data [Calls and Data is not supposed to be working on the Alpha ROM anyways :p) and medium usage (and still had 6% remaining)
  • finally the messaging app doesnt move the text entry into the "send to" field... this was VERY annoying on the ICS 7.0.A.3.223 FW

cons:

• the phone app occasionally hangs and is not able to populate the call logs, sometimes there is a delay while loading the list and the smart dialer doesnt function properly then
  • while in camera the "Picture Effect" cause slow processing of the incoming image, i think its best to keep this as a post capture option/filter

wishlist

• burst mode support in camera (even if its for lower resolution images <13MP its fine)
  • more "small apps"... absolutely love this functionality
  • release the final ROM asap :)

eagerly awaiting the final release...

I have a request to the Sony devs, kindly provide a JB-Alpha for the Xperia S (LT26) as well...

Like most on here, have been using as daily

blown away by everything that works.
fast and smooth and VERY polished

camera seems a lot smoother than before, however i did like the 4.2 gapps camera setup (even if the mp was only 5 at the time, the overall feel was amazing)

nfc firmware update when booting, but cancel and the world is a good place again.

this is why i am loving my sony xperia t...

baz@gmx.co.uk

Dec 2, 2010
can anyone tell me does this JellyBean update fixes "Bravia Engine won't work on Unlocked Bootloader" issue? Thank you.

Not really the place to ask this dude, and you already have a thread open for this:

That said @Kalled one thing many of us with unlocked bootloader would like is an official way to get this magical feature re-enabled. I am sure there is a good reason why it is removed (protecting code/intellectual property) but it seems a little harsh that we lose this feature just because we have decided to root/tinker etc: Perhaps you could consider this @Sony and provide a "flashable" fix that keeps your product integrity while returning the feature to us users (who, for the most part, paid £400 for the product!)

Please consider this??

This is certainly on my "Wishlist" for JB....

baz@gmx.co.uk

Dec 2, 2010
So, the Rom is super smooth and certainly a vast improvement in terms of responsiveness.

Issues I have found with JB:
Battery life is reduced noticeably, I would say between 15-20%, also off-line charging no longer indicates "fully charged"

Some minor bugs in camera app and Walkman app, occasional fc or buttons disappearing.

Sound settings persist even when disabled. Normaliser stays on when using 3rd party music app.

One random reboot for no apparent reason.

The UI is arguably less attractive to some people, personally I don't mind it.

All of these experienced on a full stock set up, no root or other mods.

With these issues, especially the music issue, I have downgraded to ICS, I hope to see improvements made soon :)

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all devs,
    This thread is intended for developers who want to give feedback on the alpha JB ROM.
    See full post on Developer World.

Today we are making an early alpha ROM of Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) available for Xperia™ T and the open source archives, as a way for us to get valuable feedback from the custom ROM community. Thanks to the great dialogue we have with open community developers, we see this as a valuable tool for us to get more input, and for the open developer community to get to try this alpha out hands-on. The ROM does not have the final UI upgrades that will be in the official release.

Please note that this ROM is strictly targeting advanced developers, and it will not work for ordinary everyday usage, as it only has a limited set of features working (you can for example not make any phone calls). Several more legal and usage conditions apply – please see the Important information section in the post for more details.

Important information
    Since this is far from the final software upgrade roll out, there are a few requirements to pay close attention to before you download and install the ROM:
    • You should be an advanced developer with extensive knowledge in how to install and switch between different ROMs. If you are a consumer without these developer skills, then we strongly recommend you not do try this as you may damage your phone.
    • You must be using an unlocked Xperia™ T. It will not work on a locked Xperia™ T.
    • You must unlock your phone using Sony’s Unlock boot loader service, and agree to all the legal and warranty conditions that apply. Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader of your phone. Sony can then no longer guarantee the full functionality of your phone, and will not be responsible for any unusable functions or loss of personal data associated to the alpha ROM being flashed to the phone.
    • Also, if you unlock the boot loader, you will not be able to download and install the final Jelly Bean upgrade from Sony. For additional information about limitations and warranty restrictions, please see Sony's Unlock boot loader service.
    • You should have read through and acknowledged the limitations of the software described below.

Only a limited number of features and functionalities are working and turned on in this alpha ROM.

These are some of the features that are turned off or not yet working in this alpha ROM:
    • Google Mobile Services (GMS) apps are not included (for example, Gmail, Google Maps, etc.).
    • Modem is turned off and the SIM card will therefore not be recognised (this also means you can’t make any phone calls).
    • Bluetooth™ is turned off.
    • Wi-Fi® is turned off.
    • FM-radio is turned off.
    • NFC is turned off.

How to install the Jelly Bean alpha ROM
    To install the alpha ROM on Xperia™ T please connect your Xperia™ T to our Sony flash tool for unlocked devices and install the Jelly Bean alpha ROM. Check out the Sony flash tool page for more information on how to download, install and use this tool.

The Jelly Bean alpha ROM will be a clean flash, so make sure you do a proper back up of everything on your phone before you flash it. Please note that there is another software version available for Xperia™ T smartphones in the Sony flash tool for unlocked devices, as it is possible to flash Xperia™ T with an official Ice Cream Sandwich software versions well.
    Developers, please let us know what you think!

One of our ambitions with this release is to get feedback from the great developers in the open community So if you flash this Jelly Bean alpha ROM and download the open source archives, please provide us with tech and developer feedback.

Hope to get your tech and dev feedback!
    /Kalle
    this is what we needed
    proper libs to continue our work
    thanks
    J
    ok so got baseband recognized and 3G/HSDPA working :)

device-2013-01-26-012959.png

calling works fine...

device-2013-01-26-013344.png

bluetooth works...

device-2013-01-26-014333.png

sound works...

device-2013-01-26-014050.png

wifi is a bit flaky... got it to work the first time but now its not working :(
    Very nice!

Reserved this post for my feedback which will come in 1 - 2 days after testing and playing with it ;)

Regards
    Patches by DooMLoRD

so guys here are a few patches to get things working on this build... unfortunately i am not at my dev machine and have a pathetically slow internet connection... so cant upload the whole package...

patch set posted in new thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2119289

cheers!