Best screen protector for Nexus 7 2013?

Search This thread

slight22

Aug 24, 2009
I have a S4, my SO has my old S3, we both have Nexus 7 Tablets and I have a Nexus 10 tablet as well.

All 5 devices have GhostArmor and I would recommend nothing less. This is esp true if you get them done in a kiosk by someone that knows what they are doing.

My best example of how good these screens are actually happened the other day. I was in a friends garage and someone knocked my phone out of my hand. It ended up sliding face down across the floor. There isn't even a scratch in the armor let alone the face of the phone.

Reactions: stanglifemike

farenteria

May 13, 2013
I'm curious about how much resistance the Ghost Armor screen protector has. Every wet apply I've tried on different devices makes playing games difficult, because of the added amount of drag on the screen. Does Ghost Armor make touch input too difficult?

I'm curious about how much resistance the Ghost Armor screen protector has. Every wet apply I've tried on different devices makes playing games difficult, because of the added amount of drag on the screen. Does Ghost Armor make touch input too difficult?

Not at all! That's what I said in my previous post. While Zagg causes horrid screen friction/unwanted grip, Ghost Armor leaves your device feeling AND looking like a bare screen without a SP on it! Ghost Armor is my favorite SP, and on every one of my devices that Ghost Armor has protectors available for!

Sent from my White Note 2 via XDA Premium HD

Reactions: farenteria

mrdingding

May 31, 2011
I have a S4, my SO has my old S3, we both have Nexus 7 Tablets and I have a Nexus 10 tablet as well.

My best example of how good these screens are actually happened the other day. I was in a friends garage and someone knocked my phone out of my hand. It ended up sliding face down across the floor. There isn't even a scratch in the armor let alone the face of the phone.

Have you tried the matte ones they make?

farenteria

May 13, 2013
Not at all! That's what I said in my previous post. While Zagg causes horrid screen friction/unwanted grip, Ghost Armor leaves your device feeling AND looking like a bare screen without a SP on it! Ghost Armor is my favorite SP, and on every one of my devices that Ghost Armor has protectors available for!

I'm really interested in this now! I'll be getting one in the near future

I'm really interested in this now! I'll be getting one in the near future

You definitely will NOT be disappointed!! I didn't get around to installing the Ghost Armor on my N7 FHD today. I plan to in the morning though. Can't wait to get the Ghost Armor on it!!
Also got my replacement Ghost Armor full body for my Note 2 that Assurion just replaced. I need to do the install on both of these devices in the morning

SwiftKey'ed from my '13 Nexus 7 FHD using XDA Premium HD

DonMigs85

Aug 20, 2013
Is a screen protector truly needed for a Gorilla Glass device?
The only common things that can potentially scratch it are sand/rocks and certain jewelry. Knives and screwdrivers have no effect.

Reactions: Beakerzor

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
ASUS GOOGLE NEXUS 7 [2G] SCREENPROTECTOR GLASS + MATTE

Is a screen protector truly needed for a Gorilla Glass device?
The only common things that can potentially scratch it are sand/rocks and certain jewelry. Knives and screwdrivers have no effect.

"Needed" is totally up to you, honestly. Gorilla Glass can, and does, in fact scratch. Easier than most people think it does too. If you look around on XDA, or just a general Google search, you'll see plenty of people who have scratched their Gorilla Glass device. Just because someone doesn't live near a beach, they shouldn't assume that their device will never come in contact with sand. There are plenty of people, which live no where near a beach, who have scratched their device during normal daily use. $15 for Ghost Armor is a cheap way to protect a $200-800 device!! Better to be safe than sorry!

UrbanDroid

Jan 8, 2012
Auburn, AL
I'm gonna say spiegen SGP all the way. I switched from zagg because of the orange peel effect that their protectors have. Don't get me wrong I never had a single scratch with the zagg. Just didn't like the orange peel effect it it has. Spiegen has that lifetime warranty for replacement (within reason of course) that is great. And it also has perfect optical clarity for this gorgeous new pixel rich screen. It installs easily enough and the fit is perfect. I've had zero problems with sensitivity either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Reactions: n3wDaddy77

DonMigs85

Aug 20, 2013
"Needed" is totally up to you, honestly. Gorilla Glass can, and does, in fact scratch. Easier than most people think it does too. If you look around on XDA, or just a general Google search, you'll see plenty of people who have scratched their Gorilla Glass device. Just because someone doesn't live near a beach, they shouldn't assume that their device will never come in contact with sand. There are plenty of people, which live no where near a beach, who have scratched their device during normal daily use. $15 for Ghost Armor is a cheap way to protect a $200-800 device!! Better to be safe than sorry!

Yeah I might consider it, although I have a friend who heavily abuses his Optimus LTE phone which had first-gen Gorilla Glass and it only has pretty minor hairline scratches (but the body and chrome trim is pretty banged up). He doesn't even use a case, just tosses it in his bag or pocket.

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
I'm going to try the ghost armor, should get it later this week. I bought an Illumi sheild from amazon and its decent, crystal clear and went on fine, plus it comes with 3 in case you screw up. The only thing I don't like is the feel, it's a little sticky. Not like a zagg but its not like touching the glass was. Hopefully the ghost armor is actually like what it sounds like here and there's no drag.

Mixinitup4Christ

Jun 23, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
Here's some pics, I didn't photo all of the edges, but it looks awesome and basically doesn't have any gaps on the edges! Definitely fits edge to edge! The small space will allow for easier install, and are almost nonexistent. I did photo the two holes in the SP. One is for the camera and the other for the proximity sensor. Also you can see in the close up photo showing the two holes, the backing paper that the SP is shipped on is what is cloudy looking, not the actual SP. You can't tell in these photos, but you'll see that it's crystal clear and unnoticeable in the pics I take after it's installed.
Also, I forgot to mention earlier, but if you don't want to do the install yourself then you can take it to one of their stands in the malls an have them do it. Oh, never mind that, I forgot you were outside of the US, so they may not have any local stores near you. Completely irrelevant though if you're like me and wanna do it yourself. May be helpful info for some people who are in the US and don't wanna do the install themselves

I just ordered Ghost Armor for my Nexus 7 LTE. If it sucks I'm gonna totally blame you :p

Anyway, I'll report back once it arrives!

Any tips/tricks for best application, other than following the instructions?

I just ordered Ghost Armor for my Nexus 7 LTE. If it sucks I'm gonna totally blame you :p

Anyway, I'll report back once it arrives!

Any tips/tricks for best application, other than following the instructions?

Cool. You'll absolutely love it!! I'll totally take the blame if you don't, lol.
For installation, I ALWAYS install them in the bathroom with the shower running hot water. This puts moisture in the air, which will make any dust that could be in the air, fall to the ground. This will assure you that you don't get any dust under your screen protector. I've been using this method for years and they always turn out flawlessly! Good luck with the installation, and feel free to ask me any questions that you have. Don't be afraid to use lots of liquid when applying it! You can just squeegee it out, and this gives you plenty of play to move the protector around and get it just right. Any moisture left under the protector (which should be minimal, you should be able to squeegee out basically all of it!) will be gone in no more than 24 hours.

SwiftKey'ed from my White Note 2 via XDA Premium HD

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
Got the ghost armor today and installed i. The install was extremely eas, much easier thana dry install. It looks great alread, crystal clear and no haze or bubbles. It feels decen, definitely nota slick as the base glass but not as sticky as some of the others I've use. I'm happy with i, time will tell if it stays looking nice or loses the drag.

crazyg0od33

Aug 10, 2010
im just waiting for a good tempered glass screen protector (from the big names like mime or spigen) That i-Blason thing with awful reviews online isnt interesting me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have been looking around on ebay.co.uk for some screen protectors, but i dunno if i should take glossy, matte or ultra clear u can get 2 for like less then £2 with free shipping.

but i will look onto here to see if others have tested some out and say if they r good :cowboy:
    I picked up the Official Asus ones. They are $12.99 and comes with 1 Clear and 1 Matte.

I personally like the Matte but others like the clear.

The Matte is nice and helps keep fingerprints down. The Fit is great and very tight. I would recommend the "hinge" method to align it up before trying to apply. They are higher quality and thicker, similar to a Spigen. There are only 2 holes for the camera and light sensor. Should last quite a while, giving you a second one to use in case of emergency.

I personally would stick to a Dry Apply unless the screen has curved glass or tapered edges (like my Galaxy Nexus). I ended up pulling it off after a few months because it start getting spots. I forget the Brand but I've had horrible luck with all wet applies. I've even tried several brands across multiple devices before giving up.

If I can see the SP, it will drive me nuts until I pull it off. I've never seen a wet apply that doesn't look like crap.
    Here's some pics, I didn't photo all of the edges, but it looks awesome and basically doesn't have any gaps on the edges! Definitely fits edge to edge! The small space will allow for easier install, and are almost nonexistent. I did photo the two holes in the SP. One is for the camera and the other for the proximity sensor. Also you can see in the close up photo showing the two holes, the backing paper that the SP is shipped on is what is cloudy looking, not the actual SP. You can't tell in these photos, but you'll see that it's crystal clear and unnoticeable in the pics I take after it's installed.
    Also, I forgot to mention earlier, but if you don't want to do the install yourself then you can take it to one of their stands in the malls an have them do it. Oh, never mind that, I forgot you were outside of the US, so they may not have any local stores near you. Completely irrelevant though if you're like me and wanna do it yourself. May be helpful info for some people who are in the US and don't wanna do the install themselves

All 5 devices have GhostArmor and I would recommend nothing less. This is esp true if you get them done in a kiosk by someone that knows what they are doing.