Rooting non-standard Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

blacline

Nov 18, 2009
Official r2485_donut_update(01/12/09)

• Added Bluetooth send function.
• Added new android keyboard. It is easy to use and more graphical.
• New visual style, at the bottom of main screen you can see programs,phone,message and widgets button.
• Improved touch screen sensivity
• Improved video playback cabability.
• Added Dual SIM card selection option. You can select only SIM1, only SIM2 or dual SIM option.
• LCD screen is now compitable with WQVGA resolution.
• Added Data Connection control for SIM1 and SIM2. You can activate or deactivate data connections for both SIM1 and SIM2 respectively.
• Improved Wi-Fi connection.
• Added task manager under notification bar. (You can view and end programs from this option.)
• Improved call history. You don't need to see all call history for one number on main screen. You can select whether Display by group or Display by date option.
• Improved battery consumption.
• Other bug fixes and product improvements (see release notes).

http://www.generalmobile.com/index.asp?action=Android_Phones/DSTL1_support

Thanks!
Works fine with N21.
But google apps patch reboot phone.

killdashnin9

Oct 30, 2009
@blacline

Did you previously have the Beta rom installed on your N21? If so what was the process you used and did you see any improvements over the Beta rom?

Thanks

ryszon

Nov 9, 2009
installed on N21 and :
- wifi fixed, but still there is problem with DHCP, using DHCP mode cannt connect, I had to use static IP.
- better keyboard (bigger size)
- touchscreen sensivity is better

didnt try google apps patch yet

asunde

Feb 5, 2009
Did you do both the .img and .zip file?
Did you also redo the market patch, and google market etc. still works?

Is your phone any better than with the 1.6 beta from this forum?

**** I updated mine to 1.6 with the beta yesterday, would you do the new update if you were me?

ryszon

Nov 9, 2009
Did you do both the .img and .zip file?
Did you also redo the market patch, and google market etc. still works?

Is your phone any better than with the 1.6 beta from this forum?

**** I updated mine to 1.6 with the beta yesterday, would you do the new update if you were me?

I had 1.6 beta with google market.
Installed the official 1.6 and there is no included google market, didnt install updated for market yet so I dont know how it will work after.

I tryied to use the recovery.img but its not recognize on my phone and nothing happend. So just when I had beta I just updated to the official using the zip file and for any case I did restore to the factory settings. All working perfectly fine (except DHCP on wifi), but didnt test all function yet.

crzyruski

Sep 8, 2009
Does anyone have trouble connecting to the PC, My Windows 7 64 bit machine does not detect it. I have tried installing the USB driver from the General Mobile but still does not work. If you had this problem can you please let me know how you fixed it.

i had trouble installing 64 bit drivers for XP. had to manually identify which files to use in the General Mobile USB download.

crzyruski

Sep 8, 2009
Official r2485_donut_update(01/12/09)

• Added Bluetooth send function.
• Added new android keyboard. It is easy to use and more graphical.
• New visual style, at the bottom of main screen you can see programs,phone,message and widgets button.
• Improved touch screen sensivity
• Improved video playback cabability.
• Added Dual SIM card selection option. You can select only SIM1, only SIM2 or dual SIM option.
• LCD screen is now compitable with WQVGA resolution.
• Added Data Connection control for SIM1 and SIM2. You can activate or deactivate data connections for both SIM1 and SIM2 respectively.
• Improved Wi-Fi connection.
• Added task manager under notification bar. (You can view and end programs from this option.)
• Improved call history. You don't need to see all call history for one number on main screen. You can select whether Display by group or Display by date option.
• Improved battery consumption.
• Other bug fixes and product improvements (see release notes).

http://www.generalmobile.com/index.asp?action=Android_Phones/DSTL1_support

Very cool!
I will root & share it tonight for those that wish to have root :)

Ozichileno

Nov 26, 2009
Great news... looking forward to your rooted version crzyruski.
I have been playing with the phone since I got it, this is like Christmas

crzyruski

Sep 8, 2009
official update: thoughts so far + ROOTED

I am disappointed with the update this way:

1. It boots in Turkish... what gives? I thought this was an English release. (maybe others said the same thing when it didn't boot in their language)
  2. The calibration failed continuously for me the first time around. I had to reboot and do it over.
  3. Recovery corrupted after I updated to the official DONUT ROM! I cannot boot into Recovery Mode anymore. I had to reflash it to fix! I was unable to duplicate the problem...
  4. Top menu bar is still hard to grab. You have to hold down on it for a good second or two to pull it down, also you have to press so far up on the screen that you wonder where the screen really begins.
  5. Widgets can hide an overlap just like with unofficial release :(
  6. Desktop crash not often but still occurs...
  7. intermittent speaker crackle

Positives:

1. I think I notice a speed increase as well as better touch sensitivity, but this may be because I have not installed a thing on it yet.
  2. Settings has G Sensor Calibration :) (I don't think it had this before)
  3. Wifi is significantly faster! :)
  4. Music application no longer skips song on shake! :)
  5. Successfully Rooted :)

I will upload a new ROOTED version based on r2544_donut_update(04/12/09) later today so I suggest you hold off unless you can't wait.

Rooted version is English locale ;)

chart

crzyruski-DSTL1_Donut_official_rooted-v1.00.zip

Don't forget to use a DONUT Recovery. I think the unofficial Recovery will work but have not tested. General Mobile's official Recovery is a safe bet :) http://www.generalmobile.com/support/dstl1/Android_20091201_r2485.zip

Don't forget your Google Apps PATCH :)
Still works!

chart

crzyruski-DSTL1_Market_Patch-v1.10.zip

P.S. Google Maps should now be available on Market!
P.S.S. YouTube works a little better than in unofficial, but still barely keeps up with high quality play. Normal quality play is fine however (but ugly to watch)

Model number: GM_DSTL1
Firmware version: 1.6
Baseband version: 20/05/09,st32,x2a.m1
Board SN: <private>
Hardware version: V5T7
Kernel version: 2.6.28-svn2485
Build number: long.20091201.133823.r2485

Attachments

• 1.6_drop_down.jpg
    1.6_drop_down.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 1.6_launcher.jpg
    1.6_launcher.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 1.6_search.jpg
    1.6_search.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 36
  • 1.6_power_widget.jpg
    1.6_power_widget.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

jlcd

Oct 23, 2009
I am disappointed with the update this way:

1. It boots in Turkish... what gives? I thought this was an English release. (maybe others said the same thing when it didn't boot in their language)
  2. The calibration failed continuously for me the first time around. I had to reboot and do it over.
  3. Recovery corrupted after I updated to the official DONUT ROM! I cannot boot into Recovery Mode anymore. I had to reflash it to fix!
  4. I think I notice a speed increase as well as better touch sensitivity, but this may be because I have not installed a thing on it yet.

Do you recommend to update with this pack?

teu-toni

Nov 30, 2009
P.S. Google Maps should now be available on Market!

THX crzyruski for your great effort! :)

Sorry but I don't have a N21 until now, anyway I am curious to know if the DSTL1/N21 functions with 'Maps-no-root-aligned.apk' therewith I could use Google Maps Navigation even N21 doesn't have GPS build in.

Does anybody know if WPS (Wi-Fi Positioning System) can be used in Germany? Is the License included in the .apk to activate WPS out of America?
If so is Google doing that to interested more people for Android?

Edit: Is 'Google Maps' (2.0= Latitude from October, 27th, 2007) the predecessor for 'Google Maps Navigation' from November 2009 which includes WPS and which version number is that?

Please help me to clear this up!

Last edited:

crzyruski

Sep 8, 2009
why don't you put google maps into your market patch? it's also in the adp1.5_property_app.rar so you can simple add it and it'd be useful for everybody as gmail and contacts

The reason for not including it in the PATCH are these:

-It cannot be uninstalled (some people may want this option)
-it can be downloaded from Market (why take unnecessary space online when Market centralizes this)

If the demand is high I can certainly do it, but since it became available on Market, I feel the need to include it has been lost.

crzyruski

Sep 8, 2009
Music

My Music players don't work... How about yours?
I have tried Music and TuneWiki :(
Force Close every time

YouTube is Force Close too :(

Edit: Odd, this was fixed with a reboot...

Last edited:

crzyruski

Sep 8, 2009
THX crzyruski for your great effort! :)

Sorry but I don't have a N21 until now, anyway I am curious to know if the DSTL1/N21 functions with 'Maps-no-root-aligned.apk' therewith I could use Google Maps Navigation even N21 doesn't have GPS build in.

Does anybody know if WPS (Wi-Fi Positioning System) can be used in Germany? Is the License included in the .apk to activate WPS out of America?
If so is Google doing that to interested more people for Android?

Edit: Is 'Google Maps' (2.0= Latitude from October, 27th, 2007) the predecessor for 'Google Maps Navigation' from November 2009 which includes WPS and which version number is that?

Please help me to clear this up!

I'm guessing your question is in reference to Navigation Outside of US.
http://www.intomobile.com/category/manufacturers/htc/
I am not in a position to test, sorry.
I don't see why they created a map for rooted versions and one for non-rooted versions. But likewise, you can get a rooted copy here, or one from General Mobile.

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.