[JTAG] Gene JTAG 100% WORKING BY GURU SINGH BRAR

Search This thread

gurusinghbrar

Jan 22, 2009
SriGanganagar
GENE J-TAG 100% WORKING FOR DEAD HTC GENE,
ALSO KNOWN AS HTC P4300/3400i
USE THIS METHOD YOUR OWN RISK

I Successfully Restore My Gene With This Method, Then I Decide To Make This Guide For Those People Who Are Paying For J-TAG.

1. Using this instruction at a certain curvature of the hand you risk permanently kill your machine at the hardware level.
2. If you are unsure of their skills, give the unit for repair technician.
3. All claims for the consequences of using this algorithm are sent to the basket without consideration!!

The technique is based on the recovery Wizard'a loaded through the JTAG bootloader executable code into RAM and transfer control to it.
As a result, you get a temporary working bootloader, and from it produces a complete firmware device (bootloader + system )

Requirement For Do This:-

1. 5 resistors of 100 ohm ¼ value (color code can be change but value has same)

1.jpg

2. 25-pin LPT Port (old printer cable)

2.jpg

3. Wires for JTAG interface MUST not be longer 20 - 25 cm.

4. A soldering Iron Skill :)

5. Software H-JTAG included in gene_jtag_restore.zip file.

6. Software NoIce included in gene_jtag_restore.zip file.

7. spl.nb – bin file with patched bootloader for OLD/NEW GENE in gene_jtag_restore.zip file.

8. ruu_signed.nbh – OLD/NEW Gene base ROM with IPL and patched SPL in gene_jtag_restore.zip.

9. Download The gene_jtag_restore.zip file For Later Use.

Prepare Your Phone:

First of all To dissasemble Your device look at this site

http://www.pdacenter.ru/razborka/razbor_htc_3400_gene/
Or Some Screen shot hare..

3.jpg

You see these TDI,TDO,TCK,TMS,nTST Pins on board called JTAG Pin reside on your phone green litghts.

7.jpg

Now Solder The Wire On Borad With Very Carefully.. Otherwise it Damage Your Hardware

4.jpg

5.jpg

Prepare Your LPT Cable:

Use the diagram for Creating LPT (Parallel Port) Cable For JTAG.

You Need a port on the computer called LPT Port, in its absence (for example on some laptops) may be used PCMCI LPT.

8.jpg

It Look Like This....

9.jpg

10.jpg

Done,, Now Connect Your Gene With This LPT Port Or You Can Say JTAG Cable :D

11.jpg

Twist the wire each other perfectly and use the tape for cover the joints...
Done...

Prepare H-JTAG Software:

1. Install And In H-JTAG.

2. Do Some Setting Like Like This...

1) In tap configuration should be this.

12.jpg

2) In Target Manager setting should be this.

13.jpg

3) In LPT JTAG Setting should be this, and nTRST checkbox must be clear. And User Define Pin Assignment Should Same As Like in The Picture.

14.jpg

Test H-JTAG Software is Connecting With Your Device:

Before Going Next You Must Have Full Charge Battery Of The Your Gene..
Now Put it in Your Gene And Go Next Step..

1. Set the H-JTAG.

2. We Press buttons and hold Power and Camera for 5 seconds. If the device is enabled through the power supply is activated.

3. In H-JTAG press Detect Target. Our processor with ID 0x0692602F Should be defined.
Are You Looking This..

15.jpg

Done. Your Half Part Is Completed...

Now Setup NoIce Software:

1. Install NoIce Software on Your PC.

2. Open NoIce Software and Setup NoIce With H-JTAG Software (Means Connect Both Software Each Other Will use Late).

3. Choose Options-Target Communications.

4. Select the RDI Interface.

5. Indicates where the H-JTAG.dll for RDI.

6. Put frequency of the processor (specify 200).

See The Picture And Do The Above Mention Steps..

16.gif

7. Then click OK and close the program NoICe.

8. Done...

Now Play The Game... :D

1. Prepare Dead device for Restore.

2. Connect LPT JTAG Cable to LPT Port of Your PC. (Or Already Connected)

3. Start the H-jtag (the settings for the processor are given above).

4. Turn device - we press and hold the Camera button and POWER.

5. In H-jtag perform Detect Target Device - you should decide on the processor with the correct ID (0x0692602F).
You See This..

15.jpg

6. Run NoICe if everything is normal and all right-minded above program should be the address of 0000 and you see the code ARM.

7. If you have NEW GENE create a folder NEWGENE in c:\ (root) without any space example C:\NEWGENE . And copy spl.nb & ruu_signed.nbh file from (for new Gene (SN - HT8x)) folder which include in gene_jtag_restore.zip to in this NEWGENE Folder and also copy the full RomUpdateUtility in this folder.

OR

8. If you have OLD GENE create a folder OLDGENE in c:\ (root) without any space exmpale C:\OLDGENE . And copy spl.nb & ruu_signed.nbh file from (for new Gene (SN - HT7x)) folder which include in gene_jtag_restore.zip to in this OLDGENE Folder and also copy the full RomUpdateUtility in this folder.

Next, consider the following illustration, And Use The Step Below The Picture..

attachment.php

1. Necessarily ..first we put a tick on Load as binary image.

2. We Specify the address of loading in RAM 10000000 (Check it Correctly).

3. We Choose a file bootloader for loading spl.nb form Folder.

4. Choose This File Form,, If Your Gene is New Use NEWGENE Folder.

Or

5. Choose This File Form,, If Your Gene is OLD Use OLDGENE Folder.

6. We press Ok and we see progress a bar of loading (it is necessary to wait some time).

7. As soon as its filled with the file we choose item of menu View and choose submenu Disassemble at...

8. Address necessary to be specified 10000000,

9. We press Ok and we see code ARM - if aall ij well and the file is loaded , then the first command should be EA0003FE.

6. Press And Hold Camera Button and Press on the program menu RUN and to submenu Go FROM...

7. We Specify 10000000 in address and press Ok....

8. Device must be run in mode bootloader.

9. If Your Device Boot In Bootloader Mode So, Now Camera And Power Button can be released..

Now Flash The Device With Boot Rom

1. Now We connect to usb and it is flashed with ruu_signed.nbh file from Folder OLDGENE/NEWGENE depend on Your Gene Model..

2. It is possible remove Jtag and to collect Your phone.

3. Further we flash with a good ROM(cooked) and no stock ROM please.. it’ll kill it again...

DOWNLOAD : - gene_jtag_restore.zip

Good Bye.....

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 17,130
  • gene_jtag_restore.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 5,198
Last edited:

prgawali

Aug 16, 2009
Pune, MS, India
Thats a Step-By-Step Guide on JTAG for New bees

Hi Guru,
You have done an awesome compilation. You have really made a step-by-step guide for JTAG for the new bees. I like to thank you for your valuable work. And also like to thank the members of XDA-Developers -
Orefkov, BesFen, Krazy_about_technology, Addicted2xda, Vaibhav_batra_the_techguy, haree, karan999, sumeet922, gurusinghbrar and so on...
for their valuable work on HTC Gene - JTAG Recovery & ROM Development.
Last but not the least... Keep it up, Guru. I give you Lots of Applause for this Post.

Moderators can you make this post Sticky... Its a request, Please.Thanks to XDA-Developers for giving such a team support.

singh_vidyanand

Dec 31, 2010
Help us to start dead p3400i

please tell me location of Bootloader file, you have mentioned (sspl-s_wizard.nb) in bitmap.. i am unable to find bootloader.. for loading.

Last edited:

kirat14

May 6, 2009
Thanx for solution........but accidentally my Phone's TDI pin has Damaged..........pls tell me any solution of tracing or clone of the TDI pin.

plexus046

Aug 5, 2011
Mysore
Help please!!!!

I have bricked my HTC Gene While flashing it with a official rom
I went through your Step by step instruction for unbricking with J TAG
but the main problem i use a netbook and it does not have the port for printer
i have even sent the phone for service and it was useless
this phone is very dear to me and cant see it just lying . please suggest a alternative method im also willing to send the phone to you if you will help me unbrick it

Sep 8, 2009
mumbai

I Successfully Restore My Gene With This Method, Then I Decide To Make This Guide For Those People Who Are Paying For J-TAG.

1. Using this instruction at a certain curvature of the hand you risk permanently kill your machine at the hardware level.
3. All claims for the consequences of using this algorithm are sent to the basket without consideration!!

The technique is based on the recovery Wizard'a loaded through the JTAG bootloader executable code into RAM and transfer control to it.
As a result, you get a temporary working bootloader, and from it produces a complete firmware device (bootloader + system )

1.jpg

2.jpg

7. spl.nb – bin file with patched bootloader for OLD/NEW GENE in gene_jtag_restore.zip file.

8. ruu_signed.nbh – OLD/NEW Gene base ROM with IPL and patched SPL in gene_jtag_restore.zip.

Prepare Your Phone:

3.jpg

You see these TDI,TDO,TCK,TMS,nTST Pins on board called JTAG Pin reside on your phone green litghts.

7.jpg

Now Solder The Wire On Borad With Very Carefully.. Otherwise it Damage Your Hardware

4.jpg

5.jpg

Prepare Your LPT Cable:

You Need a port on the computer called LPT Port, in its absence (for example on some laptops) may be used PCMCI LPT.

8.jpg

It Look Like This....

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Done...

Prepare H-JTAG Software:

12.jpg

13.jpg

3) In LPT JTAG Setting should be this, and nTRST checkbox must be clear. And User Define Pin Assignment Should Same As Like in The Picture.

14.jpg

1. Set the H-JTAG.

2. We Press buttons and hold Power and Camera for 5 seconds. If the device is enabled through the power supply is activated.

3. In H-JTAG press Detect Target. Our processor with ID 0x0692602F Should be defined.
Are You Looking This..

15.jpg

2. Open NoIce Software and Setup NoIce With H-JTAG Software (Means Connect Both Software Each Other Will use Late).

16.gif

8. Done...

5. In H-jtag perform Detect Target Device - you should decide on the processor with the correct ID (0x0692602F).
You See This..

15.jpg

6. Run NoICe if everything is normal and all right-minded above program should be the address of 0000 and you see the code ARM.

7. If you have NEW GENE create a folder NEWGENE in c:\ (root) without any space example C:\NEWGENE . And copy spl.nb & ruu_signed.nbh file from (for new Gene (SN - HT8x)) folder which include in gene_jtag_restore.zip to in this NEWGENE Folder and also copy the full RomUpdateUtility in this folder.

OR

8. If you have OLD GENE create a folder OLDGENE in c:\ (root) without any space exmpale C:\OLDGENE . And copy spl.nb & ruu_signed.nbh file from (for new Gene (SN - HT7x)) folder which include in gene_jtag_restore.zip to in this OLDGENE Folder and also copy the full RomUpdateUtility in this folder.

attachment.php

Or

6. We press Ok and we see progress a bar of loading (it is necessary to wait some time).

7. As soon as its filled with the file we choose item of menu View and choose submenu Disassemble at...

9. We press Ok and we see code ARM - if aall ij well and the file is loaded , then the first command should be EA0003FE.

6. Press And Hold Camera Button and Press on the program menu RUN and to submenu Go FROM...

9. If Your Device Boot In Bootloader Mode So, Now Camera And Power Button can be released..

1. Now We connect to usb and it is flashed with ruu_signed.nbh file from Folder OLDGENE/NEWGENE depend on Your Gene Model..

3. Further we flash with a good ROM(cooked) and no stock ROM please.. it’ll kill it again...

Good Bye.....
dude m bit confused in connection of wire in lpt port the diagram image here in this page is different n the diagram image is different in the gene_Jtag_restore.rar ,so plz help me which connect i should do for my restore process,reply.

thank in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Prepare Your Phone:

3.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Prepare Your LPT Cable:

8.jpg

It Look Like This....

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Done...

Prepare H-JTAG Software:

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

1. Set the H-JTAG.

Are You Looking This..

15.jpg

16.gif

8. Done...

You See This..

15.jpg

OR

attachment.php

Or

Good Bye.....

1.jpg

2.jpg

Prepare Your Phone:

3.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Prepare Your LPT Cable:

8.jpg

It Look Like This....

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Done...

Prepare H-JTAG Software:

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

1. Set the H-JTAG.

Are You Looking This..

15.jpg

16.gif

8. Done...

You See This..

15.jpg

OR

attachment.php

Or

Good Bye.....
    dude m bit confused in connection of wire in lpt port the diagram image here in this page is different n the diagram image is different in the gene_Jtag_restore.rar ,so plz help me which connect i should do for my restore process,reply.

thank in advance
    Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great work.thanks for sharing. :)