Skyfire for non US, solution

Search This thread

Sideburnt

Nov 15, 2006
Leeds
Hi all, not sure if this has been posted before a search came back with nothing so I thought I 'd chuck a post up.

Im sure that everyone outside the US is currently in the same boat, would love to play with skyfire, but is frustraited with the lack of non-US availability.

Well Im based in the UK and I just signed up with any US number, I basically got one from google.

I still recieved the email from skyfire with the 'download to pc' option, The link on that email asked me to generate a password, which i did.

I installed the cab and expected there to be an IP block or something similar for the region but surprisingly the ID email and password went through just fine.

the happy ending being that im now runing skyfire beta via the UK, bonza.

Hope this pleases a few people.

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
Hi all, not sure if this has been posted before a search came back with nothing so I thought I 'd chuck a post up.

Im sure that everyone outside the US is currently in the same boat, would love to play with skyfire, but is frustraited with the lack of non-US availability.

Well Im based in the UK and I just signed up with any US number, I basically got one from google.

I still recieved the email from skyfire with the 'download to pc' option, The link on that email asked me to generate a password, which i did.

I installed the cab and expected there to be an IP block or something similar for the region but surprisingly the ID email and password went through just fine.

the happy ending being that im now runing skyfire beta via the UK, bonza.

Hope this pleases a few people.

Thanks for the heads-up - it worked with me too. Sure there isn't any IP block.

Ichwardort

Jul 5, 2007
The only disadvantage: They seem to tunnel all traffic through their proxy - I had e.g. a website telling me that I'm trying to access it from the US which it does not allow.

kr A.

kotek951

May 17, 2008
Doesnt't work wor me. I wrote the random number, downloaded and installd it on my Hermes. It asked for email and pass, after I had done it stopped on "Locating" screen... so i did a soft reset, reinstalled and... now it just shows the start screen and closes. I'm not quite sure if it's a fault of me living in Europe or something else.