Reviews

Search This thread

thering1975

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
i noticed this yesterday when i read engadgets review followed by another one on a nother site, and there are so many inconsistencies across the board, now i know our own opinions are subjective based on our view point, but when tech news companies get the basics wrong there is definitely something up. I did see a few people make this point on the engadget blog.

Lets not kid ourselves this device is not perfect but then rarely ever is a device perfect, but to diss the screen for having a tft panel andbad battery life and multitasking is laggy is just a blatant POS by engadget

MO11

Dec 31, 2013
I have read the Engadget review last night and I hate it when reviewers don't be fair BC its not an apple device . I have read many articles and watched many YouTube reviews about it and I could tell that 80% of them like the tablet. So its pretty trashy when a reviewer tries to go low about it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MO11

Dec 31, 2013
Me too she is one of the best tech reviewers also Joshua from android authority is doing a great job

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: enigma_x

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
Really didn't understand engadget review; the battery life seemed like it was near the top of all tablets; but they call it pathetic ? They said they had no need for the pen but then why would they buy the device ? The other comments were valid I guess to a degree cept what they fail to mention is that if you want a screen larger than a 10 inch tablet why would you buy a 10 inch tablet ? The real competitor I think are the 13 inch ultra books and then it comes down to usage/need/weight/battery lfe/price. The better 13inch ultra books are around 1300 to 1700; they are slightly heavier and have similar battery life (8 to 11 hours) and much faster (the yoga 2 is less expensive but has significantly shorter battery life).
-
I mention windows ultra book and not the mac airbook/mac pro mostly because they have touch screens (if you want a touch device).
-
I'm giving this tablet a try because for my specific application/usage it is fast enough (but just barely); 1lb lighter (20 to 30% which sounds more impressive) has the magical 9+ hours of battery life and is $500-$700 less expensive. My second choice was between the macpro 13inch (kind of heavy); samsung ultra boox and asus 301 (they have like a dozen different ultra book I can't keep the models straight).

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
I'm torn between this and...well...I guess the opposite end of the spectrum, a Tegra Note 7. I do want a huge screen, but I don't care about resolution, I don't care about weight at all, and I love drawing. I don't need the multi-window stuff, don't need to multitask, necessarily. I've used Android in an office situation for about three years now so I know everything I want to do can be done with Android, but now I want to add in handwriting and drawing.

But all these reviews from all the "main" sites are putting me off of the Pro from lag and stutter. Watching videos I see the lag.

The reason this bothers me is because I got the Acer A700 after pre-ordering and it is nothing but lag..constantly..And I hate it for it. Wish I had waited for reviews on it, and all the reviews tell about how laggy the A700 was. Now I'm seeing a LOT of reviews talking about lag on the Note 12.2, and I'm concerned.

On the A700, lag is just inherent as it is an underpowered system. Even switching launchers, there is still lag.

I've not heard of anyone switching to NOVA or Apex launchers on the 12.2. Would that be the solution to the lag people are experiencing...Is the lag just with TouchWiz, or is it a system flaw?

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
I am using nova launcher, and the only place lag bothers me is with Chrome. Seems pretty jerky there at times. Any lag i see seems app specific and not system. I would be willing to take some video footage for you if you tell me what you would like to see.

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Can you go to a store and try it?

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
Yeah...I could go to the store and try one out, but I don't have cash at the ready. If I go in without having money I may do something stupid like put it on a credit card and accrue interest and have impulse buyer's remorse, etc. (It's all in my head). I'm buying a tablet with our tax return so I won't have fundage for another couple weeks.

A few things I'm wanting to see more of are reading apps like Mantano Reader, Comic Rack, ezPDF. I would also really like to see what the bundled office suite looks like. It's always talked about but never really seen. For me, this is basically a text consumption, document creation, and note taking app for work. Art programs, gaming, and streaming videos at home.

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
I came across a link to a video review in the note 10 forums for Hanscom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bejig7vQPeE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

it's in Russian but supposedly gives you a good look at it at least

note taking capabilities seem wonderful. handwriting apps like papyrus or lecture notes. Apps like Ever note for typing. Replacement Keyboards like my script stylus beta that instantaneously convert handwriting to typed text . I absolutely adore this keyboard.

I don't use the other apps you mentioned, but could install them and look. probably not until later tonight after kid goes to bed. There is another thread here somewhere about comics on the note pro, Everyone seems to think they look great.

I don't do any heavy gaming - just stuff like mahjong, sudoku, word games. etc I haven't had any trouble with that. My husband however, who just got a note pro too, plays a lot more games. He has been very impressed so far. Games and emulators that our Nexus 10s had trouble with work much better on this tablet.

Here is a YouTube review of gaming on the Note Pro btw. This guy is not the best reviewer in the world, but it might help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ri6NEL-FOs

omegafiler

Dec 22, 2010
TX
I've yet to use any tablet that is 100% lag free. If you're sensitive to this or are simply looking for it, you'll see it somewhere. I just need it to be minor enough so it doesn't impact my usage of the device. Some of the first 1080p tablets were horrible about that.

But I'm finding this latest tablet from Samsung to be pretty darn good. Touch wiz has always had a history of lag. Not here, not with the magazine ux launcher. You can switch it if you want for personal preference, but it won't be due to lag.

Any lag you might see are maybe with the pull down menu or perhaps in certain apps. None of which are effected by the launcher. Sure, I wish everything was 100% smooth everywhere. But I've yet to find such a tablet. For now, this works just fine for my needs and wants. Even without root or modification.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

pdagal

Jul 5, 2004
Texas
www.mobiletechreview.com
Thanks! The full written (err, really long) review that goes along with that video review is here: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tablets/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-Pro-12-2.htm

I enjoy the Note product line and "get" the utility of the pen. That helps make for a better review. Sometimes sites use the wrong writer for a review... I'll be politic and saying nothing more.

cheers,
Lisa

I love Lisas reviews.. She has done a nice job again with Notepro. Check her review from youtube. (Lisa - mobiletech)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ROA9Svrkw

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000).

Reactions: snir2 and KestrelX

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
Thanks! The full written (err, really long) review that goes along with that video review is here: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tablets/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-Pro-12-2.htm

I enjoy the Note product line and "get" the utility of the pen. That helps make for a better review. Sometimes sites use the wrong writer for a review... I'll be politic and saying nothing more.

cheers,
Lisa

Your review is one of the best I have seen for a device and will definitely be watching for new ones on other products. Im thinking about starting a review site geared towards the more technologically inclined. Unlike most reviewers I won't suck every apple device's collective nads.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TarHeel01

Apr 30, 2014
Thanks Lisa

[QUOTE

cheers,
Lisa[/QUOTE]

Lisa thanks for your review of this tablet (well actually for all of your reviews). Your review convinced me to buy it. You and MKBHD are fair, thorough and unbiased. I always check out your reviews (if available) before buying new devices.

zaptoons

Nov 26, 2011
Los Angeles
www.zaptoons.com

Top Liked Posts