[Q] HTC Sensation stuck with Android Kit-Kat after brick

Search This thread

florinbv23

Mar 5, 2014
Hello,
I have a HTC sensation, that i started rooting and install a custom rom - Kitkat from sultanxda.
All worked perfectly, only that one day i wanted to make a sim unlock, because it was locked in Vodafone Romania.
By mistake, i am not an expert, i've used the comand: fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
After this i've got my phone bricked...
I've found Unbriking projet on xda, and with a Linux I have managed on unbriking.
The problem is that now i have S-ON, and i cannot install another ROM, it works only with the ROM that wass installed before bricking.
I cannot get S-off, i have tried Juopunutbear method, but its not working, says to connect the device, and install drivers...
I have tried a lot of method's, i've tried installing a stock RUU, without luck...
I guess that i have to modify my firmware or hboot version, but as I was saying, i am no expert.
I can provide more information, if anyone can help me.
thanks

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Hello,
I have a HTC sensation, that i started rooting and install a custom rom - Kitkat from sultanxda.
All worked perfectly, only that one day i wanted to make a sim unlock, because it was locked in Vodafone Romania.
By mistake, i am not an expert, i've used the comand: fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
After this i've got my phone bricked...
I've found Unbriking projet on xda, and with a Linux I have managed on unbriking.
The problem is that now i have S-ON, and i cannot install another ROM, it works only with the ROM that wass installed before bricking.
I cannot get S-off, i have tried Juopunutbear method, but its not working, says to connect the device, and install drivers...
I have tried a lot of method's, i've tried installing a stock RUU, without luck...
I guess that i have to modify my firmware or hboot version, but as I was saying, i am no expert.
I can provide more information, if anyone can help me.
thanks

post now your bootloader details

florinbv23

Mar 5, 2014
it says unlocked, i am online now, and trying to find answers :p
thanks for the help, i will donwnload the ruu u provided me to see if i have luck

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
it says unlocked, i am online now, and trying to find answers :p
thanks for the help, i will donwnload the ruu u provided me to see if i have luck

since it is unlocked you can still flash kitkat rom
just follow step 2 from this guide(flashing a recovery)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631861

then from 4ext format all partitions except sdcard
enable smartflash(because now you are on S-ON)
flash the rom

but if you still want to use the ruu.exe you must have to relock your bootloader first

florinbv23

Mar 5, 2014
flash the rom

but if you still want to use the ruu.exe you must have to relock your bootloader first[/QUOTE]

i've relocked the bootloader, and now i try tu use the ruu.exe, hope it works...

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
flash the rom

but if you still want to use the ruu.exe you must have to relock your bootloader first

i've relocked the bootloader, and now i try tu use the ruu.exe, hope it works...[/QUOTE]

post results

florinbv23

Mar 5, 2014
finally, i managed installing the ruu.exe u gave me, i hope that now i can get s-off... and make simunlock..
i will use this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870233

thx you for helping me
i made a big mistake, as i was trying with the ruu.exe with the same firmware as i had, that is why i got that signature error.
the ruu.exe u gave me, made the upgrade and it works now :))
i am so happy... i've tryed for 2 weeks on solving the problem.