USB Female to USB micro adapter

Search This thread

lakid06

Oct 11, 2010
Anybody able to get a USB keyboard to work?? My flash drives work but keyboard is not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Luken10

Feb 1, 2009
Just got my replacement cable. Doesn't work either. So I guess some things are ONLY compatible with the international galaxy S 2.

n1nj4dude

May 7, 2011
Anybody able to get a USB keyboard to work?? My flash drives work but keyboard is not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
its mentioned on an earlier page but, no keyboards and mouse dont work right now, its most likely needing a kernel support

Mine is on the way now as well.
Thanks guys!
great, its one of my best buys for this phone, glad i could share it to others haha

Just got my replacement cable. Doesn't work either. So I guess some things are ONLY compatible with the international galaxy S 2.
sorry bro :/

aranzou

Nov 13, 2011
Hey guys,

Just got my cable in, this is confirmed working for the i777 and by that I mean the i777 completely supports USB Host Initialization. Was able to hookup both a keyboard and a mouse. Note on the keyboard, it only seems to support newest keyboards...

That being said, I have an issue with my usb drive mounting as a tmpfs. Does anyone know a way to fix this? USB was formatted for vfat. And whats the command to unmount the drive when your finished? I tried

umount /mnt/sdcard/usbStorage/sda but received the device is busy error...

n1nj4dude

May 7, 2011
Hey guys,

Just got my cable in, this is confirmed working for the i777 and by that I mean the i777 completely supports USB Host Initialization. Was able to hookup both a keyboard and a mouse. Note on the keyboard, it only seems to support newest keyboards...

That being said, I have an issue with my usb drive mounting as a tmpfs. Does anyone know a way to fix this? USB was formatted for vfat. And whats the command to unmount the drive when your finished? I tried

umount /mnt/sdcard/usbStorage/sda but received the device is busy error...

What rom are you using?

Stock rom my keyboard and mouse don't work,they are relatively new

And you can dismount from USB the same way you do when you unmount from plugging in your PC using the status bar.

aranzou

Nov 13, 2011
I'm using unnamed, but I figured out that it only likes a certain type of keyboard.

As for the unmount option, that never shows up. It detects the flashdrive and apparently mounts it but doesn't show up in the status bar.

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
I've skimmed through this an am curious if keyboard and mouse have been figured out? Or at least mouse. I'm looking into getting an OTG cable to play with Ubuntu on the phone and have a mouse.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

geraldf80

Jan 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
Miui.us 202170 with siyah 2.6.13
Drives would great, Logitech mouse works. Original op link.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Edgarhighman

Dec 2, 2011
These are on eBay for 99¢ free shipping. Search: micro male to USB female Woot! Thanks for this thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

Edgarhighman

Dec 2, 2011
I got mine in the mail today it works great with my logitech g9x mouse, but my only usb keyboard does not power up and causes the phone to freeze. Suggestions? My usb multi connector was plugged into a wall outlet

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
Is your keyboard a usb hid device? I haven't tried since ics came out cause I use a bt keyboard now but I remember any usb hid device I hooked up never worked, and I always figured it to be the power so maybe with a self powered hub it would work. But for ex I've never gotten anything. Razer to work via usb. Even a cheaper mouse from them which shows up as a usb hid device on a pc

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Edgarhighman

Dec 2, 2011
Logitech g9x works. I had an irock usb multi hub plugged into an ac power cord and also a usb to ac power cord (that's 2 powered connections)

I had phone charging through usb even when I unplugged either adapter so it definitely had enough power. But numlock on keyboard never lit up, and mouse didn't power through the usb hub either.

However the phone charged through all ports

jekyl87

Apr 17, 2012
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. Trying to learn how to flash an ICS ROM for my i777.

Anyway, saw this thread. Ordered the cable today from Ebay.

What I wanted to know was this, why are people trying to connect usb mouse and keyboard ? Does the keyboard once connected works like a bt kb ? And what about the mouse ? What can it be used for ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I get home ill try multiple usbs and see if it works, I do know that my 500gb external hard was reefused it told me there wasn't enough power to run it

You need an external hub - and the phone needs NTFS support.

I'll add the NTFS modules in my next release, but do note - NTFS drives must be mounted manually to my knowledge.
    For those interested in multiple devices I decided to figure that out for you

In this picture I have a usb hub connected with a keyboard light and ad you can see its getting enough power to use my light

a6cd0855-1e54-90f3.jpg

In this picture I still have the hub connected and the light, but I also added one usb, the phone read the usb with no problems

a6cd0855-1e7b-1693.jpg

Is this.picture I have the hub and light, and now two usbs... the phone read both as /sdcard/usbStorage/sda. And .../sdb

a6cd0855-1f56-448b.jpg

In the next picture I added one more usb, phone added .../sdc

a6cd0855-1f88-86df.jpg

I coulda kept going but I think I proved the point haha, YES it supports multiple usb devices (lights included) at the same time :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App
    do you like your air? ive actually been considering replacing my tablet with an air... i know this is a "love android hate apple" forum but i like what i like. i thought about putting the money i get from the tablet towards oen

I'm not the type to take sides. I've gone from iPhones to Android on the phones, but I've been around the block with Android tablets and they're not fully baked yet. For a tablet I want a dumbed down device that just lasts forever and does 1 thing well - MEDIA. That's why I have iPad 2.

As far as the MacBook air goes, yeah, it's hands-down the best laptop I have ever owned, and I've been around the block. Apple designs a solid laptop, and with the form factor you can't go wrong. I've been Mac for about 5 years, and keep downsizing (Macbook Pro to Macbook to now Macbook air) ... I have an iMac for my primary computer (desktop), and I'd say spend some time with an Air at the store to see if it's a fit for you if you're using as primary computer, maybe consider the 13" (mine is 11").... but it's AMAZING for portability and overall use. Even though it's been out for 2 years it still turns heads in coffee shops and airplanes, and is still as fun to use as the day I got it.

Not really sure why people on here are so anti-mac sometimes. Some of the devs use mac, and there's developer support, but I guess some people just become tunnel-visioned with their fanboyism. I'm an equal opportunity fanboy of Apple and Android. You have to be logical and realize that Apple does some things well, and Android does things well. If people couldn't diversify their selection we'd all have Hyundai Cars, Hyundai Microwaves, Hyundai TVs, and everything the same.... this would would suck that way haha. :)
    44e37c36-d8a1-a140.jpg

I dont think this has been posted here yet, but i just purchased a usb to usb micro adapter and it works flawlessly, i thought i would share in case anyone else was interested in doing the same.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/280743965523?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
    yes it works natively.you just plug in, wait for the notification to tell you its scanned and its ready to go.

edit: and just like plugging into your computer, make sure you select the unmount option in the notification bar when you are done to keep from corrupting it