[ROM][GT-P7510][WiFi Only] Speckfree ROM (Honeycomb 3.1)

Search This thread

aroni125

Feb 17, 2012
Plainfield, Indiana
This is a project of mine to create near-clean ROMs for the GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab. This is my first ever ROM. If you have any feedback or requests, I'll read it if it's posted as a reply.

This ROM is based on the Honeycomb 3.1 OTA for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi. This version removes some components; next version which will be version 1.1 will remove more if I missed any.

The Regular Edition removes Samsung's bloatware apps.
The Plus Edition removes most of Google Apps, except for the market so you can still get apps from there.

I am not responsible if something breaks, related to the tablet or not.

Before you flash a version of this ROM, you will need the following:
  • ODIN 3 (if you don't have ClockWorkMod)
  • ClockWorkMod (if you don't have ClockWorkMod)
  • Samsung USB Drivers (if you don't have ClockWorkMod, or aren't downloading the ROM via the tablet)
  • One of the ROMs at the end of this post
  • At least a half hour of battery power.

Follow these instructions if you don't have ClockWorkMod, once the ROM is on the tablet:
1. Extract ODIN into a new folder.
2. Extract ClockWorkMod into the ODIN folder.
3. Start ODIN.
4. Click "PDA" and select the ClockWorkMod file.
5. Turn off your Galaxy Tab 10.1.
6. Plug your tablet into your computer.
7. Turn on your tablet, pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons.
8. Press Volume Up once the two icons appear. It will auto-select the right icon. Press Volume Down if the left icon is selected.
9. It will ask for confirmation. Press Volume Up.
10. It will then connect to the computer. Press Start on ODIN. Do not remove the cable as it is overwriting the recovery!

It will automatically reboot after it finishes the process. The remaining parts don't need the computer.
Now that you have the ClockWorkMod recovery, follow the instructions in the next section of this post.

Installation Instructions with ClockWorkMod installed:
1. Shut down your tablet.
2. Turn it back on, holding down the Power and Volume Down
3. Press the Volume Down button to select the recovery option. Press Volume Up to select.
4. Select "install zip from sdcard" using the volume buttons, selecting using the power button.
5. Select "choose zip from sdcard" using the volume buttons, selecting using the power button.
6. Locate the file you copied to your tablet, and select.
7. Select Yes to start the process.
8. Once the install finishes, you'll be at the main menu.
9. Select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset".
10. Confirm, and it will wipe /data and /cache.
11. Select "Reboot System Now".
12. It'll go through the setup process as normal.

Regular Edition Changes:
  • Rooted.
  • Deleted:
    • Amazon MP3
    • Bluetooth Test
    • CSC
    • Factory Test
    • Kindle
    • LCD Test
    • Music Hub
    • Pulse
    • QuickOffice
    • Samsung Apps
    • Polaris Office
    • Service Mode App
    • Weatherbug Tablet
    • WLAN Test

Plus Edition also Changes:
  • Removes:
    • YouTube
    • Google Books
    • Street View
    • Google Talk
    • Google Mail
    • Quick Search Box
    • Voice Search
    • Maps

Links are disabled.

Last edited:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
!!!!!??????????????!!!!!

so ummm... dude.... what are you posting here? there are no installation instructions and your file system in the zip you provided looks like some sort of really messed up nandroid backup. this is a horrible thing to do to others considering they are going to try and flash in CWM. whats going on here??? im not trying to be hard on you because i know this is your first rom. but with your OP in conjunction with the files you've provided it's just asking for trouble. you really shouldn't be posting things like this bro. it's dangerous.

What is this???
screenshotat20120224164.png

raqball

Jun 21, 2010
New York
so ummm... dude.... what are you posting here? there are no installation instructions and your file system in the zip you provided looks like some sort of really messed up nandroid backup. this is a horrible thing to do to others considering they are going to try and flash in CWM. whats going on here??? im not trying to be hard on you because i know this is your first rom. but with your OP in conjunction with the files you've provided it's just asking for trouble. you really shouldn't be posting things like this bro. it's dangerous.

What is this???

Saw that as well after downloading and didn't flash...

Reactions: aroni125

aroni125

Feb 17, 2012
Plainfield, Indiana

What is this???
(image removed for brevity)

I'm in the process of uploading the CWM-flashable zip without the other two files (ODIN and CWM itself) now. I've added instructions as well. I assumed others would understand what I was doing... :/

Thank you for your feedback on my packaging (and my total lack of instructions).

raqball

Jun 21, 2010
New York
The speckfree-1.zip file is the image. I brought down the original file, and that file will be the sole download from now on.

I understand that but I downloaded to Tablet and had I not opened the zip and had just flashed in CWM it would have been trouble...

I will DL again and test it out for you.. :)

guih

Jan 5, 2011
Thanks, welcome, and best of luck!

Sent from my swiper using xda premium

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
I'm in the process of uploading the CWM-flashable zip without the other two files (ODIN and CWM itself) now. I've added instructions as well. I assumed others would understand what I was doing... :/

Thank you for your feedback on my packaging (and my total lack of instructions).

Just a thought.... you forgot to say you're not responsible if folowing your guide kills the family cat.... hey every other ROM says things like that...lol Choice is usually good and improves every ones experience so I wish you luck in this endeavor.

If you can read this it was sent using my GT-P7510.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon

no problem. but expecting others to just "understand" isn't really the thing to do when we have newcomers coming in everyday that don't yet understand a ton of things. so i was just pointing that out basically. even the people who do know what's going on would like to know what and how they need to flash before they waste their bandwidth on a 200mb plus download ya know. good luck. :D

Reactions: Johnny424

aroni125

Feb 17, 2012
Plainfield, Indiana
Just a thought.... you forgot to say you're not responsible if folowing your guide kills the family cat.... hey every other ROM says things like that...lol Choice is usually good and improves every ones experience so I wish you luck in this endeavor.

If you can read this it was sent using my GT-P7510.

I added a brief message about that when I posted the new links.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a project of mine to create near-clean ROMs for the GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab. This is my first ever ROM. If you have any feedback or requests, I'll read it if it's posted as a reply.

This ROM is based on the Honeycomb 3.1 OTA for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi. This version removes some components; next version which will be version 1.1 will remove more if I missed any.

The Regular Edition removes Samsung's bloatware apps.
    The Plus Edition removes most of Google Apps, except for the market so you can still get apps from there.

I am not responsible if something breaks, related to the tablet or not.

Before you flash a version of this ROM, you will need the following:
    • ODIN 3 (if you don't have ClockWorkMod)
    • ClockWorkMod (if you don't have ClockWorkMod)
    • Samsung USB Drivers (if you don't have ClockWorkMod, or aren't downloading the ROM via the tablet)
    • One of the ROMs at the end of this post
    • At least a half hour of battery power.

Follow these instructions if you don't have ClockWorkMod, once the ROM is on the tablet:
    1. Extract ODIN into a new folder.
    2. Extract ClockWorkMod into the ODIN folder.
    3. Start ODIN.
    4. Click "PDA" and select the ClockWorkMod file.
    5. Turn off your Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    6. Plug your tablet into your computer.
    7. Turn on your tablet, pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons.
    8. Press Volume Up once the two icons appear. It will auto-select the right icon. Press Volume Down if the left icon is selected.
    9. It will ask for confirmation. Press Volume Up.
    10. It will then connect to the computer. Press Start on ODIN. Do not remove the cable as it is overwriting the recovery!

It will automatically reboot after it finishes the process. The remaining parts don't need the computer.
    Now that you have the ClockWorkMod recovery, follow the instructions in the next section of this post.

Installation Instructions with ClockWorkMod installed:
    1. Shut down your tablet.
    2. Turn it back on, holding down the Power and Volume Down
    3. Press the Volume Down button to select the recovery option. Press Volume Up to select.
    4. Select "install zip from sdcard" using the volume buttons, selecting using the power button.
    5. Select "choose zip from sdcard" using the volume buttons, selecting using the power button.
    6. Locate the file you copied to your tablet, and select.
    7. Select Yes to start the process.
    8. Once the install finishes, you'll be at the main menu.
    9. Select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset".
    10. Confirm, and it will wipe /data and /cache.
    11. Select "Reboot System Now".
    12. It'll go through the setup process as normal.

Regular Edition Changes:
    • Rooted.
    • Deleted:
      • Amazon MP3
      • Bluetooth Test
      • CSC
      • Factory Test
      • Kindle
      • LCD Test
      • Music Hub
      • Pulse
      • QuickOffice
      • Samsung Apps
      • Polaris Office
      • Service Mode App
      • Weatherbug Tablet
      • WLAN Test

Plus Edition also Changes:
    • Removes:
      • YouTube
      • Google Books
      • Street View
      • Google Talk
      • Google Mail
      • Quick Search Box
      • Voice Search
      • Maps

Links are disabled.
    !!!!!??????????????!!!!!

What is this???

What is this???

Saw that as well after downloading and didn't flash...

no problem. but expecting others to just "understand" isn't really the thing to do when we have newcomers coming in everyday that don't yet understand a ton of things. so i was just pointing that out basically. even the people who do know what's going on would like to know what and how they need to flash before they waste their bandwidth on a 200mb plus download ya know. good luck. :D