New EVO one X 2650 battery claim!?!

Search This thread

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
Who wouldn't be surprised if its a sealed 1650 mah , and how would anyone really know if its 2650 ?
They should do or have done a long @ narrow 3500mah

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
Of course I wish who wouldn't ...my point was how would we know ??
Would batt stats in settings show the mah rating and would it be the truth

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You know there's apps that can tell you that, right?

And as a company, it would be a REALLY bad PR move to lie to the consumers. It would be very easy to test. Come on man.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA

kluster1999

May 25, 2008
Someone will dissect the phone and show all the parts on a tech blog. They do it for most flagship phones.

If you don't feel like waiting, there are 4 easy steps to verify battery capacity:

1. Acquire hammer.
2. Smash phone.
3. Read battery specs.
4. Weep.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ou2mame

Oct 17, 2008
Lenovo Legion Y700
i was looking forward to that phone, until i read that. i have 2000mah batteries for my evo, and they don't last. i have 4 of them and i use 2 a day. i was so excited that the evo lte looked awesome and had all the features i wanted, until i read that. i'll be looking elsewhere now. it really ****ing sucks that they would do this. if anything, i'll wait until somebody takes it apart to see if its soldered in and possible to swap out... i'll just throw a case over the back and keep it unscrewed if its an easy swap, but otherwise i'll pass... i'm not around chargers enough to justify not being able to swap a battery. might as well get an iphone, it'll at least last longer.

roids87

Jan 9, 2011
Chicago
i was looking forward to that phone, until i read that. i have 2000mah batteries for my evo, and they don't last. i have 4 of them and i use 2 a day. i was so excited that the evo lte looked awesome and had all the features i wanted, until i read that. i'll be looking elsewhere now. it really ****ing sucks that they would do this. if anything, i'll wait until somebody takes it apart to see if its soldered in and possible to swap out... i'll just throw a case over the back and keep it unscrewed if its an easy swap, but otherwise i'll pass... i'm not around chargers enough to justify not being able to swap a battery. might as well get an iphone, it'll at least last longer.

http://m.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x-battery-life-impressive-performance-after-three-weeks-use

The One X has a smaller battery then the EVO 4g LTE. That should give you an idea of how well the battery life is going to be.

threestripebrand

Mar 7, 2011
Boiling Springs,NC

bng06

Aug 18, 2009
Wait a freakin minute if it is not removable what to do if the phone freezes I have done several dozen battery pulls on my EVO over the past two years...HELLO htc?? This may be an epic fail

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

threestripebrand

Mar 7, 2011
Boiling Springs,NC
Wait a freakin minute if it is not removable what to do if the phone freezes I have done several dozen battery pulls on my EVO over the past two years...HELLO htc?? This may be an epic fail

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Most phones have button combinations that will take care of this issue. if I remember Right there is also a combination for the evo as well. No battery pull necessary.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Last edited:

roids87

Jan 9, 2011
Chicago
Most phones have button combinations that will take care of this issue. if I remember Right there is also a combination for the evo as well. No battery pull necessary.

Press and hold volume up, down, and power at he same time. It takes 5 or 6 seconds. You can even get to hboot if you press volume down after it shuts off the screen.

Reactions: threestripebrand

brucejg

Jul 26, 2010
Sealed Battery

I just canceled my upgrade. Swapping out the battery is important to me. And what happens after a year when the battery just doesn't hold a charge very well. I'm disappointed with HTC and we have 4 EVOs in our house. I'll have to see what else is available now. Samsung???

oOflyeyesOo

May 27, 2010
St louis
It may only be the need to open the phone, and remove a flex cable, peal the battery out, it may or may not be soldered in, or in a clip. Its very simple, and with ICS and the S4 in the EVO LTE, I am not worried at all, but that's because I also fix phones all day lately. :p

oOflyeyesOo

May 27, 2010
St louis
What LTE are you talking about? Like the 4G we were supposed to get? LOL

You never know!! Gotta think positive man! And actually, I had Wimax on launch day in STL. :) But LTE will take longer for me this time around. I only used 4g a few times at the start(20mb/s in class), but never really even attempted to use it after the first few months as I didn't get great 4g at my place, though I probably haven't tried in about a year...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Someone will dissect the phone and show all the parts on a tech blog. They do it for most flagship phones.

If you don't feel like waiting, there are 4 easy steps to verify battery capacity:

1. Acquire hammer.
    2. Smash phone.
    3. Read battery specs.
    4. Weep.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Double post.

Press and hold volume up, down, and power at he same time. It takes 5 or 6 seconds. You can even get to hboot if you press volume down after it shuts off the screen.