Next Generation of Ultra Gesture Keyboard: TouchPal Wave

Search This thread

theonewho

Aug 13, 2011
I'd love to beta test again! My guess for new feature would be the ability to customize the symbols on the bottom row. Or maybe the option to have symbols on the middle row keys.

nimrodity

Sep 9, 2008
www.thedroideffect.com
the current version is pretty nice and super fast but i am missing some things like

-customizable long press time right now long press time being to long is the most annoyingthng)
-a cleaner more minimalistic theme
-option to access the numbers and exta character via up swipe down the corresponding letter button and type capitalized on swipe up or vice versa(should be optional i think)
-sort of less busy feel when typing,it seems to happen to lot all around with the predictions and the letter popups,its quite distracting

nantax

Sep 19, 2010
A dictionary that one can add or remove words would be a major boon

Galaxy Note N7000: JonRom UBLSF V1 + HelloWorld + XXLSO on Telstra

You can already add and delete words in TouchPal's internal dictionary. Turn off prediction first and key in your word and then it will show an option in the prediction area to save the word. If you enter a word by mistake, long press it in the prediction bar and an option will appear to delete it. You can also change the priority of your custom word by long pressing it from the prediction bar and choose Higher.

the current version is pretty nice and super fast but i am missing some things like

-customizable long press time right now long press time being to long is the most annoyingthng)
-a cleaner more minimalistic theme
-option to access the numbers and exta character via up swipe down the corresponding letter button and type capitalized on swipe up or vice versa(should be optional i think)
-sort of less busy feel when typing,it seems to happen to lot all around with the predictions and the letter popups,its quite distracting

Maybe removing haptic feedback, typing sound and change pop-up preview to none can help in the "busy feel" that you are experiencing.

Reactions: cheryanne

nimrodity

Sep 9, 2008
www.thedroideffect.com
You can already add and delete words in TouchPal's internal dictionary. Turn off prediction first and key in your word and then it will show an option in the prediction area to save the word. If you enter a word by mistake, long press it in the prediction bar and an option will appear to delete it. You can also change the priority of your custom word by long pressing it from the prediction bar and choose Higher.

Maybe removing haptic feedback, typing sound and change pop-up preview to none can help in the "busy feel" that you are experiencing.

i already did that,but thanks anyways.Also i can´t really narrow it down but it just feels that way for me compared to swiftkey

Briankbl

Dec 10, 2012
I sent an email, posted on Twitter, now posting in this thread again lol! I am a keyboard connoisseur :p Hopefully I get a beta invite code. Would love to help make this keyboard even better.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

nimrodity

Sep 9, 2008
www.thedroideffect.com
sorry but if this beta is all about improving the wave feature i don´t even want to participate.I would have rather omptized the current version than already starting a new method.I am not that into swiping,i prefer to punching letters to write.
Hope the current keyboard still gets improved too though.

nantax

Sep 19, 2010
i already did that,but thanks anyways.Also i can´t really narrow it down but it just feels that way for me compared to swiftkey

If SwiftKey had the half-qwerty layout, I would switch in a heartbeat. I use TouchPal mainly because of the T+ and T12 layout. Never really touched full qwerty (unless its in the address bar where it becomes the default) nor TouchPal Curve.

kaos1211

Jan 9, 2011
Would love to test this also tested earlier versions and follower on twitter

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TouchPal

Jul 14, 2011
Last edited:

TouchPal

Jul 14, 2011
I would like to see:
  1. Better improved prediction of the next word.
  2. Type as you speak
  3. Multi-finger swipe support
  4. Custom prediction indexes (Medical, IT, Business, Financial, etc.)
  5. Keep the app free
  6. Learn prediction used by other keyboards installed by using there APIs.
  7. Index of words or used words to be able to manually add to or delete from
  8. A stats page of how well the keyboard performs for you (similar to swiftkeys stats page)

Thank you for your valuable advices, and welcome you participate TouchPal Wave Beta testing!

TouchPal

Jul 14, 2011
I want to be a beta tester because TouchPal seems to be the company that most cares about its customers. Nuance and Swiftkey provide an awful customer service and rarely care about our feedback. Besides, I was a tester for the current version of your keyboard.

I think that the best feature to add would be an easy edition of the user dictionary. Deleting and adding words in batch, for instance. Every user could make lists in txt files with technical words of the field he works in and share it with the others.

The first of all the keyboards that implement this will really make the most high demanding users to stick to it.

Really looking forward to seeing the evolution of this software.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Thank you for your valuable advices, and welcome you participate TouchPal Wave Beta testing!

ock

Mar 9, 2010
Hope to try this beta!
My twitter

A suggestion:
Easy cursor control by swiping left/right on the spacebar

Last edited:

TouchPal

Jul 14, 2011
I'd love to be part of the beta again. Have used touchpal since the old Windows days. I reckon a mini keyboard that can be moved to either the left or right of the screen so you can curve easily on tablets. And touchpal wave.

Thank you for your feedback, the feature will be include in near future. Welcome you participate TouchPal Wave Beta testing!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    touchpal_wave_coming.png

TouchPal Wave, a sentence based gesture input technology presented at 2013 Mobile World Congress , is a breakthrough innovation to input a sentence with simple gesture!

Unique advantages of TouchPal Wave:
    • 2X your input speed on touchscreen
    • Save > 90% of keystrokes
    Here is the link to see TouchPal Wave video:
    http://youtu.be/DAWtF2bTmfk

==================
    Were you eager to be a beta forerunner for using this amazing ultra-gesture keyboard?
    Now TouchPal Wave beta is well prepared for your review!
    This is a valuable and rewarding opportunity for TouchPal fans & followers!
    Here is the TouchPal Wave beta download link with invitation code:
    http://ime.service.cootek.com/international/TouchPalWaveBeta.apk

How to get the beta invitation code:
    Step1:Follow @TouchPal on twitter and retweet this tweet: https://twitter.com/TouchPal/status/334171077183950849
    Step2: Send an email to beta@cootek.com with your XDA ID and Tweet link, and we'll enable beta access for your account.

Notes:
    • First round of beta version only supports English. Other languages will be supported in the near future.
    • The beta version might be updated frequently. Please follow us on twitter (www.twitter.com/touchpal) to receive the latest updates from us.
    ==================
    Beta Rewards Coming soon…
    We are currently preparing beta rewards for our participants, everyone has the chance to get the gifts from this program.
    How to get beta rewards:
    Campaign 1: 50 E-Gift cards for participants who complete the following mission:
    Step1: Follow us on twitter (www.twitter.com/touchpal), and @TouchPal say something your feel about TouchPal Wave, the video link must be attached: http://youtu.be/DAWtF2bTmfk
    Or Retweet this tweet: https://twitter.com/TouchPal/status/334171077183950849
    Step2: Reply this thread and post your tweet link.
    Campaign 2: 50 E-Gift cards for participants who complete the following mission:
    Reply this thread with your valuable feedbacks, either positive or constructive.
    Notes: Please allow 1-7 business days after the event has ended to receive your reward via email.

Thanks advance for all great contributions on our product! We will listen to your feedback and keep improving!
    TouchPal

TouchPal official website: www.touchpal.com
    Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/touchpal

=================
    News update:
    The first round of TouchPal Wave beta invitation up to close. Thanks for your participating and we are looking forward to hearing your feedback.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2281154

However the second round of beta testing is coming soon. Please follow post closely to receive latest news.
    =======================
    :good:TouchPal Wave beta updates:
    • Add user dictionary management
    • Add quick user feedback option in message panel
    • Add # in the first page of symbol
    • Fix bugs
    Notes: Wave beta will automatically checks for updates, please click the TouchPal icon and go into the message panel upgrade to latest version. Or please go into the ”Update“ in settings for manually updating.
    TouchPal Keyboard Beta Program — —Foreword

google_play_wave.png

TouchPal Beta Program will create the unique opportunity for everyone who wants to take part in the creation of TouchPal, the world renowned keyboard used by millions of people.
    What is the ultimate goal of building TouchPal Beta program for?
    WE:
    • strive to fulfill the mission by listening carefully to our users' needs and wants.
    • aim to improve the quality of the version or optimize the new features by keep releasing updates to users.

What do we offer to TouchPal Beta program participants?
    YOU HAVE:
    • the exclusive opportunity to test new products or features before they are officially released.
    • the opportunity to provide your suggestions, ideas and opinions about our products or features, and influence further improvement plan until the final release.
    • the chance to obtain credits in the forthcoming TouchPal Store.
    • the chance to win the permanent qualification and join the Early Adopters Program.
    • the opportunity to contribute your knowledge may get some e-gifts card from TouchPal.
    ==========================================
    Eager to know what the upcoming features are?
    How to get the early qualification for first beta program?
    Tips: The top ten participants who firstly predict one of the upcoming features will get the qualification without application.

Come join the guessing campaign and let us expecting the first round of beta program!
    TouchPal

TouchPal official website: www.touchpal.com
    Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/touchpal
    Thanks for your support!

Thank you for participating TouchPal Wave Beta testing!

Specifically we start up a new thread, welcome to send your feedback here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41478421#post41478421

And we would like to express our thanks to your valuable feedback. Therefore we are preparing rewards for participants, everyone has the chance to get the e-gifts card (value 5$-10$) from this program.
    I would like to see:
    1. Better improved prediction of the next word.
    2. Type as you speak
    3. Multi-finger swipe support
    4. Custom prediction indexes (Medical, IT, Business, Financial, etc.)
    5. Keep the app free
    6. Learn prediction used by other keyboards installed by using there APIs.
    7. Index of words or used words to be able to manually add to or delete from
    8. A stats page of how well the keyboard performs for you (similar to swiftkeys stats page)
    guys, stop quoting the WHOLE OP !