Differences between Z1 and Z1s?

Search This thread

JuicyBrah

Jul 9, 2012
Overall the new device seems like a sidegrade or even downgrade from the Z1, unless the internal memory change is very important to you.

Locked to T-Mobile
32gb of internal storage, up from 16gb
3.5mm port is now more centred
microUSB and microSD slots have switched places
Front facing Camera is now on the left side
T-Mobile logo on the back
Only available in black for now
Plastic frame instead of aluminium, Source https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP5U59anYiQ
Notification light is no longer in earpiece, instead where frontfacing camera used to be
Down to 162g from 169g
Device is slightly bigger
Battery life changes
Background Defocus camera addon (confirmed exclusive for Z1s on live stream), see: http://www.sony-asia.com/microsite/cybershot_userguides/DSC-WX9/eng/contents/03/04/07/07.html
Playstation app comes preinstalled

23jo3zp.png

Last edited:

JuicyBrah

Jul 9, 2012

samven582

Aug 15, 2010
Did a little more research and found these changes.

Camera is now on the right side
T-Mobile logo on the back.

Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony...vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-specs-comparison_id50994

I haven't seen any sources confirming or denying this, could you please direct me?

the Z1S has a 2.0
http://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/xperia-z1s/features/#camera
Z1 has 2.3
http://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/xperia-z1/features/#camera

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Did a little more research and found these changes.

Camera is now on the right side
T-Mobile logo on the back.

Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony...vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-specs-comparison_id50994

I haven't seen any sources confirming or denying this, could you please direct me?
I forgot it also has a plastic frame compare to the Z1

JuicyBrah

Jul 9, 2012

Attachments

• ScreenShot380.jpg
    ScreenShot380.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 2,127

raziel123

Apr 29, 2010
The Z1S or Compact has a 4.3 inch 720P screen, also the Battery is 2300 mah ...

That Snapdragon 800 Processor with Adreno 330 GPU must be on roll at that resolution though ... :D

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
The Z1S or Compact has a 4.3 inch 720P screen, also the Battery is 2300 mah ...

That Snapdragon 800 Processor with Adreno 330 GPU must be on roll at that resolution though ... :D

Z1S is for T-Mobile which has 5" fHD display and Z1 Compact is the mini version.:)

Just a little confusion with regards to Z1 Compact. On the news section of GSMArena it says that it has OIS, Carl Zeiss Optics, IPS but when you look into the Sony phones section it doesn't state these three (TFT instead of IPS). Same goes on the Sony website but there it has Mobile Bravia Engine 2 + Triluminous Display.:confused:

coolrevi

Jun 1, 2012
Udupi
There is a new camera addon called background defocus. Announced at CES JUST NOW

Sent from my C6502 using xda app-developers app

epsix

Aug 29, 2010
Release date for Tmobile US? Its January already. I want this phone, but it seems the development for this device is at a dead stop.:(

Currently using GS4 using Google Edition ROM.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Spectre51

Release date for Tmobile US? Its January already. I want this phone, but it seems the development for this device is at a dead stop.:(

Currently using GS4 using Google Edition ROM.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Available in store Jan 22nd if I remember right from the press conference.

Also just confirmed with my Sony contact that it has full AT&T LTE support as well. Just have to get it unlocked.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z Ultra

JuicyBrah

Jul 9, 2012
The new wristband has a waterproof microusb slot without needing a flap.
The next flagship phone will probably have this too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20% cash back with serve.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

I was able to install ISIS app no problem and add cards etc, gonna test it out this week while I'm traveling at the airports. I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Epsix how do you get the Google launcher on there?
    And how is everyone's battery life so far? I'm considering ditching my droid maxx I'm using on tmobile for this but I'm a raw android experience kinda guy.
    Thanks!
    Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

Battery life is great so far. I've only had the phone for 3 days and I'm averaging around 6-7 hrs on screen time with varied use (texts, emails, browsing, Netflix, music) I've been using stamina mode around the 50% mark.

Just like you I prefer the raw android experience, although I will say I haven't hated the Sony UI as much as I thought I would. I think it's because this thing is zippy and I'm coming over from a Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE with CM11. I must say Tmobile LTE is great. Even their HSPA+ 3G beats Sprint LTE. So far I'm very pleased. I think I'm gonna keep jump and see what the new HTC or Nexus phone will be like...but I wouldn't mind keeping this thing for 2 years, even without root.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app
    I should let everyone know, by removing the anti shatter film on the Z1s, it won't remove the Sony logo. It's embedded on the glass and not on the film like the Z1. I removed it myself and I'm happy to say this greatly improves viewing angles.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    Just add a sd card to your z1 done. Lol. Is the same ****

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It'll never be the same **** until games can be installed on external SD cards

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
    LOL people are confused, the camera is the same...
    I swear it's a Shakespeare play in here. The Z1S is not intended to be an upgrade to the Z1. It's a VARIANT. That means changes. Changes that some people will like, and others won't.

Nobody, anywhere, expects Z1 owners to swap for a Z1S. That's why it's called the Z1S, and not the Z2.