[ROM][NAND][CM7.2]unofficial Android 2.3.7 for Rhodium 2013.07.09

Search This thread

rete

Nov 15, 2009
CM7.2 + Launcher 7 :D

attachment.php

Walter, when I still had a Rhod running Android (sold now) I played around with various launchers as well, including Launcher 7, which I found choppy.

The smoothest launcher I tried was Nemus with some animations disabled. Better than Launcher Pro, Zeam, Go Launcher, Launcher 7 etc. It just seemed to work well with Rhod's puny hardware.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

imohtep

Sep 20, 2008
I am having issues with lots of spontaneous reboots and SoD's. Anyone else?:confused: Maybe my phone is just been using too much crack again.

Yes me to, are you CDMA or GSM user? i am CDMA and josemata00 too, both have this big problem, the SOD and reboots,they are not frecuently but happens once or twice in a day; but the really nightmare are the SOD i hate them ;we dont know whats more to do :( :( we have hope in walter79 or ACL

Last edited:

CodaHighland

Feb 24, 2012
"Nemus", eh? I'll give it a whirl.

Well, it certainly looks pretty, and it does feel a little bit faster, but it's missing a couple features from Zeam that I'm going to miss -- primarily the ability to define swipe-up and swipe-down gestures (which I have bound to "notifications" and "apps"), but also the ability to customize how many pages you have (I only need three, so having additional empty pages just gives me the ability to accidentally go too far) is nice, and I like being able to scroll my app list vertically instead of horizontally.

I'll run it for a few days just to see how it feels after I get used to it.

slava3230

Aug 6, 2008
Omsk
Hi all!
about SOD: i finde some one - When the SOD is come, i reboot my phone and a SMS is coming. well... and it became a several times.. i jast change a sound of Notificashion to some mp3 sound. it was on CM7 by 20.04.2012 version.
And a question to rodium210\100 users (only GSM devices) who run Android. Plz tel me your Radio version. It's impotant, becouse many GSM-devices can not run a blue screen after flash Rohdimg.nbh for droid.
sorry for my English :)

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
Hi all!
about SOD: i finde some one - When the SOD is come, i reboot my phone and a SMS is coming. well... and it became a several times.. i jast change a sound of Notificashion to some mp3 sound. it was on CM7 by 20.04.2012 version.
And a question to rodium210\100 users (only GSM devices) who run Android. Plz tel me your Radio version. It's impotant, becouse many GSM-devices can not run a blue screen after flash Rohdimg.nbh for droid.

I'm using version 4.49.25.95 on my Rhod100

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: slava3230

erick29

Sep 29, 2009
Hi all!

I'm using 4.49.25.91 on my RHOD210

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: slava3230

josemata00

Aug 19, 2009
Yaracuy - Venezuela
Entre los SOD y los reinicios sin motivo, están haciendo que casi estrelle el teléfono con una pared. Alguien puede darnos una ayuda con respecto a esto? Yo he indagado dentro del teléfono pero no sé siquiera por donde empezar.. Uso CDMA

Between SOD and restarts for no reason, are making the phone almost crashing into a wall. Can anyone give us a help regarding this? I have inquired into the phone but do not even know where to start .. using CDMA

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
:( :( :( yes i have two random reboots this morning to, i'm so sad :( :(

Between SOD and restarts for no reason, are making the phone almost crashing into a wall. Can anyone give us a help regarding this? I have inquired into the phone but do not even know where to start .. using CDMA

Please post logs, that's the only way we can help the devs figure out what is wrong.

Complaining alone will get you nowhere.

Last edited:

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
I'm using Rhod100, and I have not SOD yet about 7 days.

+1 Same here. I haven't random reboot already 4 days. On PPCGeek forum I posted my speculation, that this random reboot cause any other launcher then stock launcher. I had many random reboot every day with Zeam launcher and one another yet (don't know name), but since I'm using stock launcher, no random reboot. But I don't have any concrete evidence, only speculation.
Edit: Sorry, bad thread, I'm using ACL's OMGB ROM, but be that it would entail ...

Last edited:

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
+1 Same here. I haven't random reboot already 4 days. On PPCGeek forum I posted my speculation, that this random reboot cause any other launcher then stock launcher. I had many random reboot every day with Zeam launcher and one another yet (don't know name), but since I'm using stock launcher, no random reboot. But I don't have any concrete evidence, only speculation.
Edit: Sorry, bad thread, I'm using ACL's OMGB ROM, but be that it would entail ...

Thanks for your insight.

I have a completely different experience. I'm running this build with stock launcher and I still have random reboots. I don't know if using the phone under CDMA has anything to do with it. (I'm speculating here, I see that gazsyka and you are GSM users)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM7 for Rhodium

Big thanks to ACL, detule (agps), pcgg (wifi fix) wizardknight (kernel) and CM7 team for HTC Hero support.

Based on official HTC Hero CyanogenMOD 7.2 and some libs, files, kernel and modules from ACLs OMGB or from Xdandroid nand.

AGPS support is from this link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp2-development/149104-testing-rhod-agps-xtra-support.html

2.6.27 kernel

- native tethering is not working

3.3.6 kernel

- native tethering is not working
    - autobacklight is not working
    - reboot is not working
    - bluetooth only working partial
    - usb mass-storage is not working

3.4.41 kernel

- update cm7.2 to 2013.03.01 hero source
    - update kernel to 3.4.41 from wizardknight
    - reboot and autobacklight work
    - bluetooth please test and report if something not work

For faster gps fix --> enable data or wifi connection and gps --> reboot or use Leo AGPS injector
    gps.conf is setup for europe servers.

Download CM7.2:

2.6.27 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-20120424.zip
    3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200523.zip
    CM7.2-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.4.41-201300709.zip

Mirror 1 (MEGA)

How to install starting from Windows Mobile: (HSPL needed on your phone) based on: How to install nand wiki from ACL:

1. install Android-SDK on your Windows PC http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    2. copy files from platform-tools.zip to Android-SDK/platform-tools/
    3. copy cwm_recovery_latest.img to Android-SDK/platform-tools/ (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    4. copy RHODIMG.NBH = ACLs LK for Rhodium to the root of your sdcard (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    5. copy CM7.2-xxxx.zip to the root of your sdcard
    6. shut down your phone
    7. connect the phone via USB to your PC
    8. start your phone with Power plus Vol-
    9. phone detect flash image now
    10. flash image
    11. reboot your phone (usb connected)
    12. install HTC android driver (htc android driver.zip)
    13. open windows shell (cmd)
    14. browse to /android-sdk/platform-tools

Next steps are taken from ACLs install wiki:

In your CMD window type these commands:
    1. Fastboot erase recovery
    2. Fastboot erase boot
    3. Fastboot erase misc
    4. Fastboot erase system
    5. Fastboot erase userdata
    6. Fastboot erase cache

Load the cwm_recovery.img with fastboot:

In your CMD window type this command:
    1. Fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery_latest.img

Reboot: (Or hit the reset button)

In your CMD window type this command:
    1. Fastboot reboot

Once LK is starting to load (Blue screen) press and hold the "POWER BUTTON" until you feel it vibrate(Top button). LK will let you know when it detected a press. Your recovery should load (If it not work unplug USB cable and reset your phone)

To Navigate in Recovery you can use the Vol UP/DOWN(Move UP/DOWN), END Call Key(Enter/Select) or the keyboard arrows with the enter key.

1. Select "apply update from sdcard".
    2. Select "CM7.2-xxx.zip" and wait for it to finish installing.
    3. Select "reboot system now"

First boot need ~ 5min

GAPPS:

- GAPPS http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Edit build.prop and set ro.telephony.network=4 to get CDMA running thanks argenisaz

Better performance settings

- settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/performance

• Compcache = disabled
    • use JIT = disable
    • surface dithering = disabled
    • use 16bit transparency = enabled (system maybe unstable after this)
    - settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/display

• disable screen off animation
    - settings/display

• animations = no animations
    - settings/ADW launcher --> Drawer settings

• disable animated drawer
    • disable fade app labels
    Changelog:

2013.07.09 update kernel and cm7.2 source, new kernel fixed a lot of problems
    2012.05.23 new 3.3.6 kernel build for GSM, back to acl ramdisk, gsm data and apn fixed
    2012.05.22 added CM7.2 build GSM with new detule 3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200522.zip
    2012.05.15 added CM7.2 build GSM and CDMA with new detule 3.3.4 kernel
    2012.04.23 modded ramdisk for ACL kernel https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3OovGFEtCdnSEhMdVZINVlhU2M
    2012.04.20 updated build with ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.16 added link to ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.15 update base to CM-7.2.0 RC1 Hero GSM, zipalign on boot, fix for button backlight
    2012.04.03 fixed keyboard backlight, zipalign all apps
    2012.03.27 first release
    Got a "new" touch pro2. Will update this cm7.2 build. But i will need some time for this.
    I hacked up a zip file that installs the kernel from the latest OMGB release as it has some new battery code. I though I would post it in case someone wants to play with it. The kernel will not work on the 3.x.x versions of this rom I suspect, but I was able to use it with the 2.6.x version. Also some gps libs I pulled from GBX. Not sure if they are newer than the ones in this rom, but there they are. No warranty or support for this is offered. It should be fine, but if your phone becomes Skynet after installing I take no responsibility.
    Information about 3.3.4 kernel build!

- Display will be black if you try to press power and devices sleeps and USB-cable is plugged.
    - without plugged USB-cable display works normal
    - wifi is not working (fixed with 2012-05-22 build)
    - data works only with enabled national/international roaming
    - automatic APN settings did not work
    - autobacklight is not working - switch to manual

- detule 3.3.4 (6) kernel
    - ramdisk modded to work with cm7.2
    - /lib/hw used from Xdandroid GBX0C nand
    - mediaprovider.apk form Xdandroid GBX0C nand (CM7.2 mediaprovider = FC)

CDMA build is not tested.
    Happened again, I made a phone call, the screen went of when I raised the phone near my face, called finished and the screen never came on again, the phone was completely unresponsive. Left alone for a while. Nothing. As as I plugged in the USB cable it rebooted.

Thing is, for me this issue is easy to replicate. It happens only on long calls (over 10 minutes give or take). On short calls I never experience this. But during long calls it happens each and every time.

Posting last kmsg.

Maybe less ram. You run some havy background apps. Try without whatsapp.