[SM-T210/T210R] RocketTab Support Thread for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tempdroid

May 22, 2013
This is the RocketTab support thread for everyone.

rocket_tab_project_logo.png

Please check the original RocketTab thread at first!!!

You can post here, if you have a general question or if you are unable to post in the development section.

I'll have a look here too and try to answer you...

Last edited:

tempdroid

May 22, 2013
Do I need to be on Stock rom to install your custom rom? Sorry just a newb XD
No, you don't need to be on stock. You need a custom recovery installed like CWM touch. Check my thread for installation guide. If you are coming from another ROM or Stock, I'd always recommend a full wipe installation and a nandroid backup before.

Reactions: br_animas29

Celticdragon

Apr 14, 2010
Thanks!

Thank you tempdroid.

With all your help getting the rom to work with my T210R if you ever need anything else tested let me know

Reactions: tempdroid

tempdroid

May 22, 2013
I love your Rom but there is an option in the stock rom to have touch sounds and i find that useful to me. also there is an option to disable it in the stock rom. I will be unhappy until you bring them back.

You can do this on your own :)

Use a root file explorer like the included Ghost Commander and navigate to /system/media/audio/ui. Rename S_HW_Touch.ogg.bak and TW_Touch.ogg.bak back to S_HW_Touch.ogg and TW_Touch.ogg

Additional tips when using Ghost Commander:
- you have to activate Root support at first in the options
- system folder is mounted as read only when first navigating into the folder, you have to remount it first (there's an option in the lower button slide)

Reactions: JT1510365

ayzi

Nov 18, 2010
It's like owning a new tab :)

Fantastic

Got given a tab 3 7.0 for xmas and was disappointed with how slow it was. I was going to take it back for a refund until I saw your ROM and thought I'd give it a go and boy, am I glad I did :D

It's like having a different tablet. Faster, lag free and runs everyting I've thrown at it 100%.

Can't wait for the next version you develop :highfive:

tempdroid

May 22, 2013
Fantastic

Got given a tab 3 7.0 for xmas and was disappointed with how slow it was. I was going to take it back for a refund until I saw your ROM and thought I'd give it a go and boy, am I glad I did :D

It's like having a different tablet. Faster, lag free and runs everyting I've thrown at it 100%.

Can't wait for the next version you develop :highfive:

Thank you ayzi, the beta test is already running, if everything stays well, then we are going for a new RocketTab release this weekend. :thumbup:
Stay tuned and subscribe to the main RocketTab thread!

Reactions: ayzi

ayzi

Nov 18, 2010
hey man when i try the move to sd card button to move the app it tells me there isn't enough storage space but i have room, can you tell me what is wrong? also you said that app/data is in your rom.

I think it's a problem with Samsung only emulating SD. It was there on the original Samsung ROM as well :(

Don't think there's anything Marco can do unless Samsung release 4.1.3 which I somehow doubt they will.

tempdroid

May 22, 2013
hey man when i try the move to sd card button to move the app it tells me there isn't enough storage space but i have room, can you tell me what is wrong? also you said that app/data is in your rom.
I think it's a problem with Samsung only emulating SD. It was there on the original Samsung ROM as well :(

Don't think there's anything Marco can do unless Samsung release 4.1.3 which I somehow doubt they will.

Move apps to SD was already discussed a lot in the main thread. Sadly, this feature is not supported in Stock Sammy ROM, I found a way to enable the move option, but the move itself is not implemented.

Up to now, I have not found a full working solution, but I am working to find one. It the move option bothers you, you can disable it by flashing this mod: http://dfiles.eu/files/ybjn4tv3h.

The only working solution up to now seems to be a program called "Folder mount", please search for it in the main thread (you can click on my signature or click here...

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
White Lake
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Inspire 4G
New statusbar icons would be nice and also some more wallpapers

Hey tempdroid! You have made a good rom so far but in the next update I would like to see new statusbar icons. I want one that comes right from the cyanogenmod theme SUBZ3R0. If you don't know this theme yet you can look it up. Also some more wallpapers relating to RocketTab would be nice. Remember you can do what I want or you can do what you feels right. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Last edited:

tempdroid

May 22, 2013
Hey tempdroid! You have made a good rom so far but in the next update I would like to see new statusbar icons. I want one that comes right from the cyanogenmod theme SUBZ3R0. If you don't know this theme yet you can look it up. Also some more wallpapers relating to RocketTab would be nice. Remember you can do what I want or you can do what you feels right. Thanks and keep up the good work!

For this release I'm not planning to change status bar icons, but you are free to develop a MOD for RocketTab 3.0 and send it to me, after it's released. I'm always searching for people who help me building good MODs for RocketTab. :highfive:

And I'm currently working on some RocketTab specific wallpapers :)

Hey tempdroid I want to overclock my device to the point where it is safe can you tell me the right way to do it. I want to play real racing 3 but it lags a lot sometimes.

AFAIK, there's no way yet to overclock, you can try my Game MOD in main thread, go here...

Harjan112

Oct 16, 2011
Wow I am amazed of how rude people can be ..... I want this, I want that, I can't do this, I can't do that, I'm unhappy till and so on... good God man how about you do some reading and researching on how to do things yourself instead of blasting the developer, God knows the man is busy with perfecting the v.3 just sit back and see what awesome and flawless Rom he is going to bring to us

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

tempdroid

May 22, 2013
Wow I am amazed of how rude people can be ..... I want this, I want that, I can't do this, I can't do that, I'm unhappy till and so on... good God man how about you do some reading and researching on how to do things yourself instead of blasting the developer, God knows the man is busy with perfecting the v.3 just sit back and see what awesome and flawless Rom he is going to bring to us

Thank you, mate!!! I'm doing my best for all of you, but I have my job, my family, my daughter and much more. Please vote in the main thread for you favourites for future releases, I'll suggest all but I cannot implement them all.

Reactions: 13druber

Harjan112

Oct 16, 2011
Anytime buddy, I just can't handle people like that and felt I had to say something, to many people think that development is easy and don't realize that developers have a life beyond developing.

Keep up the good work and don't let nobody stress you out.
And remember FAMILY before Android

ayzi

Nov 18, 2010
Looking good :)

Tablet mode shown and I like it :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-11-22-39-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-11-22-39-20.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anytime buddy, I just can't handle people like that and felt I had to say something, to many people think that development is easy and don't realize that developers have a life beyond developing.

Keep up the good work and don't let nobody stress you out.
    And remember FAMILY before Android

This is the RocketTab support thread for everyone.

rocket_tab_project_logo.png

Please check the original RocketTab thread at first!!!

You can post here, if you have a general question or if you are unable to post in the development section.

I'll have a look here too and try to answer you...

Do I need to be on Stock rom to install your custom rom? Sorry just a newb XD

You must have a Customrecovery installed, CWM or TWRP
    The rom load into sdcard and flash by the recovery
    Thanks again for all your work.... I may be hitting you up soon for some help. As soon as I get some free time...going to start poking around and doing some mods