[ROM-FROYO 2.2.1 FRG83] OpenDesire v4.0.36 (CFS/BFQ/SVS-OCUV) (FM RADIO/OTA)(14/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Cactus42

Jul 4, 2010
Wut? What's the difference? :confused:

Fake flash (Clockwork) means going into the Desire recovery then running a "Fake" flash file to get the custom recovery menus. Both can be flashed as Permanent (They boot automatically to the custom menus) using Unrevoked.

Permanent flash is good until you have a problem (what if...) and you need to send it back under warranty. Could result in void warranty if they check it. With fake you just pull the SD card out.

boety

Mar 31, 2010
Wut? What's the difference? :confused:

The difference is that the Amonra recovery is a permanent recovery because it's flashed into your Android. It is then always available. The ClockworkMod recovery is not permanent because it is used when it is started as a fake flash, so not permanent.

edit: too late :)
Delete please.

<Majestic>

Aug 3, 2010
guys ive just realised, everyone that seems to be having problems seems to be using Clockwork Mod? i too used to use C'work but had so many problems, ie screen freezing, FC's, Reboots etc.
i have since switched to AmonRa Recovery and now have not experienced any real problems that either, fiddling with setting or a reboot hasnt fixed.
My advice is to try AmonRa as i read that C'Work didnt always wipe everything, and loads of other users reported this.
Give it a try (got nothing to lose)
LINK IS IN MY SIGNATURE - please report if this fixes any of the problems?

I too am using Clockwork mod, however I have absoulty no problems with OD 4.0. This maybe caused because I did a reformat of the vat and ext3 particians manualy in linux as I wanted to make double sure my SDCARD was wipped clean and the reserved block size was adjusted to 0% as I forgot to do it when I originaly created it. This was so I could squeeze a few more MegaBytes out of my SDCARD for use with app2sd.

If anyone has OD 4.0 issues, it maybe wise for you to do the same or use a different recovery program.

Flarup

Nov 12, 2009
I can't get online with mobile network my apn list is empty when try to make a new apn connection and save it but the apn is still empty

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

maslinar

Jul 6, 2010
Why does Opendesire have poor image quality when viewing pictures in Gallery and in the browser?Image quality is also degraded in Rockplayer while viewing divx(some kind of posterization) P.s. already tried modded gallery3d ,same thing. NextSense rom doesnt have this,but OD is much,much better from all the roms I have tried so.... Anyone else noticed this?

iinga

Jul 26, 2010
London
Fake flash (Clockwork) means going into the Desire recovery then running a "Fake" flash file to get the custom recovery menus. Both can be flashed as Permanent (They boot automatically to the custom menus) using Unrevoked.

Permanent flash is good until you have a problem (what if...) and you need to send it back under warranty. Could result in void warranty if they check it. With fake you just pull the SD card out.

What about just flashing the RUU back onto it? Removes root and custom recovery

finnschi

Jul 13, 2010
Leipzig
anyone else having location issues with 4.0? my phone thinks i am in seattle .. but i am in michigan :)

aunder90

Jun 24, 2010
Chessington, Surrey
The difference is that the Amonra recovery is a permanent recovery because it's flashed into your Android. It is then always available. The ClockworkMod recovery is not permanent because it is used when it is started as a fake flash, so not permanent.

AmonRa isnt permanent, i used it as a fake flash (apply updat.zip) and i still had the htc recovery too, its only permanent if you use unrevoked to Permanently flash it otherwise use it as a update.zip and its just like clockwork mod. i was just saying it might be worth the guys who are using clockwork to try AmonRa as it fixed ALL my problems since i switched. you dont have to but it worked for me and i havent had any of the problems some of these guys have had, i used to though when using C'work. ;)

hankhandsome

Jul 7, 2010
hmmm .. i flashed one of the different themes and it's causing the keyboard in SMS to FC after i type more than 1 character ..

will have to re-flash the multi-touch again to see if it fixes the problem ..

ephumuris

Dec 7, 2008
Hull
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Gefrost and BluFrost now Open Desire compatible. Samsung Galaxy style or just the icons still with launcher2. Have a look?

Click the links in my sig :)

20584786.jpg

98499532.jpg

Last edited:

duRin90

Jul 5, 2010
London
I'm trying to make a nice theme for Opendesire, with different color of progress bars, highlighted text etc. but I wonder how did you manage to compress resources.arsc from framework-res.apk? I'm having problem with compressing it back - My resources.arsc are really big and I'm getting bootloop after I push it with adb.

anman.x

Jun 28, 2010
[BUG] HTC_IME FC
htc_ime mod doesn't work at all.
opendesire 4.0, all possible wipes before flashing. russian as a system language

Neaw

May 25, 2010
Barcelona
Testing with new Radio 32.46.00.32U_5.10.05.17_2

Quadrand to 980Mhz and 1305Mhz

OpenDesire v4.0
32.46.00.32U_5.10.05.17_2

Attachments

• CAP2010083020251.jpg
    CAP2010083020251.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 88
  • CAP201008302029.jpg
    CAP201008302029.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 110
  • CAP201008302039.jpg
    CAP201008302039.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About OpenDesire
    OpenDesire was made with made purely for the HTC Desire and is compiled from a variety of public repositories, OpenDesire is NOT a port of any HTC ROM, it is compiled from source purely with the exception of the Google Apps for which the source code is not publicised.

OpenDesire was built with stability and reliability in mind and therefore does not contain any additional applications. Since version 3.x some community maintained repositories from CyanogenMod have been included in the release.

Requirements
    You MUST have your Desire rooted in order to use this ROM, I like to try and help all users but I will not be expanding further on this. (use search if you really need help)

Features
    • Built 100% from source (with the exception of Google Apps)
    • 2.6.35.x kernel
    • Google Apps
    • Superuser by ChainsDD
    • Legacy A2SD with Cache2SD
    • Busybox
    • 720p camcorder support
    • FLAC / WMA / WMV media support
    • Deodexed & Zipaligned
    • OD OTA update app
    • many more mods/tweaks & hacks

Changelog

Installation
    • Ensure you have a custom recovery image installed
    • Download the zip file from the link below and copy it to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Download

Thanks to idlesoft.net (ChaosR) for hosting android.adamg.co.uk
    Thanks to <Majestic>(down atm), killkennys & iinga for hosting mirrors.

!!!see the 2nd post for recommended radio!!!

!!!perform a wipe if coming from other roms or you WILL encounter problems!!!

Upgrading
    No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Credits
    • defer/Benee (kernel work)
    • st0kes (getting me interested in community android roms)
    • cyanogen (great android work)
    • everybody else who has contributed
    Adam,

Is it possible to enhance OD Setup to include kernal options (modules) ?? If so the cpu speed could be set within OD Setup making it an options for those who need it, along with other internal items some people like/don't like. Would be kind of cool.

which radio do you use? the latest works fine, but has high battery drain (3%/h and more). as soon as i realized this i switched to 32.46.00.32U_5.10.05.17_2 ;)
    Thanks for your reply but i cannot understand it :eek:

On which boxes must i write these numbers?

The screen below is how i have mine. I keep playing with the levels (screen) to make it nice.
    1) press Set number of levels and type 8
    2) input the values
    3) save and apply

I have the same issue with not being able to send email using gmail app buy with is 4.0.4. Just sez sending. Have rebooted and makes no difference. Could it have something to do with priority inbox?

Works fine for me
    How to turn back to 1000 Mhz???

this ROM runs per default on 1000 MHz, you can overclock it by using SetCPU
    Thread closed......this is pretty old.