LG's Competitor to the Galaxy Note - LG Optimus Vu Pictured next to Note.

Search This thread

sprintuser1977

Aug 30, 2011
Barney,Ga
I can't believe y'all are knocking this phone yet get mad when people knock the note. Double standard I'd say. I welcome more big phones and the variety. Its okay to prefer the note but don't knock the phone because you like the note better, then you become like the two faced fan boys. Just my 2 pennies :)

From the Beast : Galaxy Note

jeromepearce

Jun 7, 2007
Mackay
www.processmapping.com.au
I can't believe y'all are knocking this phone yet get mad when people knock the note. Double standard I'd say. I welcome more big phones and the variety. Its okay to prefer the note but don't knock the phone because you like the note better, then you become like the two faced fan boys. Just my 2 pennies :)

Fully agree!

(still prefer taller & thinner, both phones & women :) )

hagba

Nov 9, 2008
Yerevan
since I am a chess GM I find the 4:3 screen ratio to be more suitable,which means one and half time bigger chess board diagram!!.
Other than that I dont see what is it usefull for,may be lesser scroling in the webpages??.

xAnimal5

Oct 14, 2011

Again. I don't think anyone is actually hating on it because of the aspect ratio. The processor is most likely going to be the 1.5ghz Snapdragon. Currently out of the 4 most efficient and fluent SoC's, the snapdragon is the weakest. Weaker than Apple's Cortex A5 even.

However, if LG decides to go with their own SoC, it'll be interesting to see how it fares against the Tegra 3 or Exynos 4210.

And I think you mean "Just my 2 cents" not "Just my 2 pennies"........

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

sprintuser1977

Aug 30, 2011
Barney,Ga
Again. I don't think anyone is actually hating on it because of the aspect ratio. The processor is most likely going to be the 1.5ghz Snapdragon. Currently out of the 4 most efficient and fluent SoC's, the snapdragon is the weakest. Weaker than Apple's Cortex A5 even.

However, if LG decides to go with their own SoC, it'll be interesting to see how it fares against the Tegra 3 or Exynos 4210.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

No I meant 2 pennies. Was being different ;)

Oneiricl

Nov 3, 2011
Mumbai
+1000

Just remember: It may not work for you. But it may be great for someone else.

Just my 2 paise... ;)

ChodTheWacko

Feb 8, 2011

Can't argue with that logic - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Although one of the biggest complaints about the Note is it's inability to use it one handed. I measured that picture and the Vu is apparently 7-8mm wider than the Note.

Seems like a strange choice to me.

- Frank

namdabomb

Feb 16, 2012
Suzhou, China
LG's picture quality is pretty decent but LG's battery life is horrible.

I believe Galaxy note is the perfect size (Not too big for a phone, not too small as a mini tablet)

I just love my Note

Spo0f

Jan 23, 2012
To me, this is not a real competitor:
Smaller screen, lower resolution, honestly strange size with bad impact on the handier.

Source on image click.

P.S. My competitor would be 5.7 inch with at least 1440x900, say. 1680x1050 would be best :p

Last edited:

Final5k

Aug 5, 2009
how will someone just consider to buy the VU with this design? It's the perfect definitely of a brick compared to the Note which is more pleasing to look at. The Vu's form factor is what will keep most buyers away from it...but it may find decent followers if it's priced below the Note. Dell Streak's users who cannot afford the Note will definitely jump onto this device.

anonymous572

Jun 15, 2011
Mstislavl
At least manufacturers are beginning to produce smartphones with a diagonal 5"+. I hope the others (HTC, Motorola, Huawei, Acer) also will try to.

hagba

Nov 9, 2008
Yerevan
You Android users ,you should all be happy for having so many choices,instead of nagging and complaining about somethings that nobody is forcing you to buy it,you have so many alternatives that it would be much constructive to discuss each introduced devices advantages rather than bashing them,if something is not suitable for you doesnt mean its the same for everybody else ,otherwise we would have all ended up using Iphones!!.

CGI_Ram

Aug 11, 2010
Ontario
I don't mind anything that helps build the market of 5" devices.

Personally, the Note's form factor is better... but again... I like the fact LG sees potential in this space.

Top Liked Posts