Jelly Bean OTA - Post All JB related annoucements Here- All others will be Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ankydu

May 16, 2010
As I see now both note and s2 are the last priority for Samsung, I won't be surprised if they in Feb say no Jellybean for note :mad:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Guzmanus

Aug 8, 2010
Alicante
Anybody knows if our update will require kies too as the s2?
I guess it won't, as leaks don't need to change the partition table but I don't really know, our system is soo similar to the s2...
And if it needs kies I'm really ****ed up as it's impossible to get it working on my computer, it constantly crashes reinstall after reinstall.

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
For me it's kind of logical that the Note comes last. Because of the S-Pen imporovements that came with the Note 2 and the fact that apparently most of them will be ported to the Note with the JB update this is simply the update that requires the biggest effort for Samsung. A lot of coding and testing has to be done to guarantee a stable release. And I suspect the same for the difference between the release dates of the Galasxy S Advance and the Galaxy S2. Because the S2 is far more powerful it is likely that they intend to port far more features of the S3 to the S2 than they do for the S Advance. If that is indeed the case it is kind of logical that the update for the S Advance is the first to be ready, it's probably also the one that needs the least amount of coding and testing. So please people stay reasonable. You don't know the reason for Samsungs schedule, it's certainly not their intention to upset anybody. I'm sure there is a reason for their schedule.

ErionT

Mar 7, 2012
Tirana
Anybody knows if our update will require kies too as the s2?
I guess it won't, as leaks don't need to change the partition table but I don't really know, our system is soo similar to the s2...
And if it needs kies I'm really ****ed up as it's impossible to get it working on my computer, it constantly crashes reinstall after reinstall.

Maybe you should try and download the latest version of Kies from their website...

ErionT

Mar 7, 2012
Tirana
Already tried, no change. It's still so much crap of software

Kies is no crap of software. Maybe you have another problem with your computer.

I had the same problem some time ago with Kies, but when i downloaded and installed the latest version, it all worked fine. That is why I recommended you the same thing. Kies does all it is supposed to. :)

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
It doesn't matter that the Galaxy S2 is much more popluar than the Galaxy Note, or that the Galaxy Note is much more popular than the Galaxy S Advance... What matters (in the OTA updates... thing) is the release date. The Galaxy S Advance is newer, which leads to faster OTA.

Besides... there's the fact that Samsung is trying to port all features from the Galaxy Note 2 over to the original phablet, which requires a lot more work than JB for the Galaxy S2... such as all those S Pen goodies :) .

And... lastly... let's not forget about the black clipping fix that two Samsung devs confirmed to be in the works (a couple of months ago?). It makes sense for Samsung to delay the update until February, but if it is released then and comes without the black clipping fix, they failed miserably to deliver what they promised.

-----

Anyway... my expectations are that the JB OTA for the S2 will be released some time between this week and the next one, while the JB OTA for our beloved Notes will be released towards January's end. Most likely it's gonna hit us the first week of February. But then again... that's just my two $0.01.

Lipe_Teodoro

May 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
I put the leak lsa and not changed the kernel, I can receive the OTA JB end when you leave? or I'll have to install the odin? and I think that also comes out this week or next

LxMxFxD

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
It doesn't matter that the Galaxy S2 is much more popluar than the Galaxy Note, or that the Galaxy Note is much more popular than the Galaxy S Advance... What matters (in the OTA updates... thing) is the release date. The Galaxy S Advance is newer, which leads to faster OTA.

Besides... there's the fact that Samsung is trying to port all features from the Galaxy Note 2 over to the original phablet, which requires a lot more work than JB for the Galaxy S2... such as all those S Pen goodies :) .

And... lastly... let's not forget about the black clipping fix that two Samsung devs confirmed to be in the works (a couple of months ago?). It makes sense for Samsung to delay the update until February, but if it is released then and comes without the black clipping fix, they failed miserably to deliver what they promised.

-----

Anyway... my expectations are that the JB OTA for the S2 will be released some time between this week and the next one, while the JB OTA for our beloved Notes will be released towards January's end. Most likely it's gonna hit us the first week of February. But then again... that's just my two $0.01.

All guesses. But its all good.

Not all notes have the black clipping problem. Mine does not. Im fairly certain its a hardware problem with early notes with no fix. My note is only 6 months old which is my theory as to why its problem free.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
All guesses. But its all good.

Not all notes have the black clipping problem. Mine does not. Im fairly certain its a hardware problem with early notes with no fix. My note is only 6 months old which is my theory as to why its problem free.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Mine is about 8 months old. I got it in July, and the guy who sold it to me got it in May, from Germany. But are you positive it was manufacturer 6 months ago? For example, mine could be manufactured in Q4 2011 (battery was made in October 2011), so... you can't really tell when exactly it was made.

They are down/uploading 4.0.4 versions for south america, like:

08 Jan 15:44:06 Peru (SAM) GT-N7000 N7000UBLR3 N7000TFGLR2 Uploading 62%
08 Jan 15:43:59 Ecuador GT-N7000 N7000UBLR3 N7000TFGLR2 Uploading 70%
08 Jan 15:43:59 Colombia (Moviestar) GT-N7000 N7000UBLR3 N7000TFGLR2 Uploading 71%

Argentina UBLR3 is already downloadable - date Nov 12 and version 4.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts