[Q] I managed to remove my os on my phone. Help please!

Search This thread

Cyanisyde

Feb 3, 2014
I want to start this off with that i really don't know anything about ROMs and flashing and stuff like that, so just hold that in mind. I am pretty sure that I have the international version of the HTC One since I live in Sweden.

Ok, so here is what happened: I rooted my phone bu using TWRP 2.6.3.3 and SuperSU 1.91. The reason i wanted to root my phone was to be able to use an app that you can only use if you have rooted your phone. When i rooted my phone and downloaded the app it said that i needed to uppdate my busybox so i downloaded a busybox installer from the appstore. When i tried to uppdate my busybox to the latest version it wouldnt work for some reason so i was going to re-root my phone with Superuser instead. However when I couldnt drag the Superuser folder into my sd card i started messing around in twerp recovery and being an idiot as i am i did a "Format data" in TWRP, when i did that obviusly everything got removed and now i don't have an os the only things i can do is booting into bootloader and TWRP otherwise my device is stuck on the HTC bootscreen. Also when i connect my phone to my computer nothing pops up so im guessing that my computer can't recognise it anymore.
I have using google but i couln't find anything. I will be monitoring this thread like a hawk so please help me.

Edit: Here is more information: I have S-on, it also says ***tampered*** and ***unlocked***
Edit2:If you need any more information for helping me please let me know and ill get it.
TL;DR: Rooted HTC One with SuperSU, Formatted data, no os, need help.

Last edited:

Uxepro

Oct 18, 2013
Impruneta
I want to start this off with that i really don't know anything about ROMs and flashing and stuff like that, so just hold that in mind. I am pretty sure that I have the international version of the HTC One since I live in Sweden.

Ok, so here is what happened: I rooted my phone bu using TWRP 2.6.3.3 and SuperSU 1.91. The reason i wanted to root my phone was to be able to use an app that you can only use if you have rooted your phone. When i rooted my phone and downloaded the app it said that i needed to uppdate my busybox so i downloaded a busybox installer from the appstore. When i tried to uppdate my busybox to the latest version it wouldnt work for some reason so i was going to re-root my phone with Superuser instead. However when I couldnt drag the Superuser folder into my sd card i started messing around in twerp recovery and being an idiot as i am i did a "Format data" in TWRP, when i did that obviusly everything got removed and now i don't have an os the only things i can do is booting into bootloader and TWRP otherwise my device is stuck on the HTC bootscreen. Also when i connect my phone to my computer nothing pops up so im guessing that my computer can't recognise it anymore.
I have using google but i couln't find anything. I will be monitoring this thread like a hawk so please help me.

Edit: Here is more information: I have S-on, it also says ***tampered*** and ***unlocked***

Don't panic mate, it's ok you didn't break anything.

Ok, so you can go into twrp. That's enough :)

All you have to do is installing a custom ROM and you will have your phone back.

Follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183023 to install Android revolution HD 51 (4.4.2 android)

Since you can't access the internal SD from your computer, you will have to Sideload it. Don't worry nothing so difficult:

Here is the guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2318497

So: -Download the file from the first link.
- sideload it into your TWRP
- install it from twrp
- Done!!

Reactions: Cyanisyde

Cyanisyde

Feb 3, 2014

All you have to do is installing a custom ROM and you will have your phone back.

Follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183023 to install Android revolution HD 51 (4.4.2 android)

Since you can't access the internal SD from your computer, you will have to Sideload it. Don't worry nothing so difficult:

- install it from twrp
- Done!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! I will be trying this right now!

Cyanisyde

Feb 3, 2014

- install it from twrp
- Done!!
I just have one question: Do i download the HD 31.6 or do i download HD 51.0 version of the ROM?

Uxepro

Oct 18, 2013
Impruneta
Thank you once again!

You are welcome! Last raccomandations, when you flash Android rev. remember to select the wipe option in Aroma installer.

Also at the end of the installation press on "wipe davilk cache"

If you encounter bootloop do a "fastboot erase cache".

Also, remember that the first boot after flashing it takes long time (even 10 mins) and it's seems stuck on the htc logo but it's not ;)

Good luck!

Reactions: Cyanisyde

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- install it from twrp
    - Done!!
    I just have one question: Do i download the HD 31.6 or do i download HD 51.0 version of the ROM?

51.0!
    Thank you once again!

You are welcome! Last raccomandations, when you flash Android rev. remember to select the wipe option in Aroma installer.

Also at the end of the installation press on "wipe davilk cache"

If you encounter bootloop do a "fastboot erase cache".

Also, remember that the first boot after flashing it takes long time (even 10 mins) and it's seems stuck on the htc logo but it's not ;)

Good luck!