Telus Canada

Search This thread

BuckM

Oct 8, 2011
Hey i was wondering if anyone knew if the Droid 3, or its equivalent the Moto xt 860:
( WCDMA 850/1900/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 14.4 Mbps (Category 9/10), EDGE Class 12, GPRS Class 12, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps)

will work on Telus Canada network (after being unlocked of course), and work well (data and everything working). Thanks

btn21

Aug 10, 2010
Edmonton
Hey i was wondering if anyone knew if the Droid 3, or its equivalent the Moto xt 860:
( WCDMA 850/1900/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 14.4 Mbps (Category 9/10), EDGE Class 12, GPRS Class 12, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps)

will work on Telus Canada network (after being unlocked of course), and work well (data and everything working). Thanks

I am currently using the XT860 on Telus, no problems at all. You just have to add the APN for Telus before you can use data. And as BuckM pointed out, you have to make sure the phone is SIM unlocked.

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Both work fine on Telus. Unlock the of course is required.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

CrazyPhil

Sep 21, 2006
Montreal
I'm looking at some locked Verizon Droid 3's on ebay, I'm under the impression they are xt862's not xt860, If I get the unlock code (online) will they function with TELUS?

I read there are radio differences between the two (XT862 from US, XT860 CAN/Brazil).

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
I'm looking at some locked Verizon Droid 3's on ebay, I'm under the impression they are xt862's not xt860, If I get the unlock code (online) will they function with TELUS?

I read there are radio differences between the two (XT862 from US, XT860 CAN/Brazil).

The xt862 should work on telus, however verizon changes the unlock code so only verizon can unlock them. In order to do this it has to be hooked up to a verizon acct in good standing. More hassle than its worth. Get a xt860

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario
The xt862 should work on telus, however verizon changes the unlock code so only verizon can unlock them. In order to do this it has to be hooked up to a verizon acct in good standing. More hassle than its worth. Get a xt860

Or get the users to ship it already unlocked after he gets the code from Verizon. Tell him it is and make it a deal breaker, if it's not unlocked you can keep it and see what he says. Verizon has a habit of giving out the PUK(personal unlock code used to unlock your phone if you enter the wrong sim code too many times) and calling it a sim unlock code, it's caused a lot of confusion on these forums and others and is something to watch out for as well, you want the phone unlocked, not with the code.

Last edited:

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Or get an xt862 that has never been activated on verizons network. Afaik when its first activated is when the code is changed

CrazyPhil

Sep 21, 2006
Montreal
The one I purchased was advertised as a CLEAN ESN, and I was able to unlock it ($6, and 15 min wait) and confirm functionality.

The only issue I seem to be encountering is with the data connection. I added the apn information in the connection settings and it does work but when I switch between Wifi and back it stops working. Also when it works it seems very slow...

So stock with just the unlock I'm not sure if it's 100% working on TELUS.

Any ideas?

I know this is an old thread, but to clear the records you can unlock and use the Droid 3 by Verizon on Telus or any other canadian provider without issues, so for those that state you need to have Verizon unlock the device before using is totally wrong 110%

Go nuts and buy those locked or unlocked Droids to use on Telus or rogers etc... it will work, just add the APN by the specific provider and your good to go,

On another note please also look at the specs before purchasing any device make sure the Network Frequency also matches.

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
I know this is an old thread, but to clear the records you can unlock and use the Droid 3 by Verizon on Telus or any other canadian provider without issues, so for those that state you need to have Verizon unlock the device before using is totally wrong 110%

Go nuts and buy those locked or unlocked Droids to use on Telus or rogers etc... it will work, just add the APN by the specific provider and your good to go,

On another note please also look at the specs before purchasing any device make sure the Network Frequency also matches.

That, unless Verizon altered the default unlock code. And this is about 50% in the cases. You being lucky doesn't mean everyone else is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2