[Q] Galaxy Note 2 seems bricked, Can we turn it alive ?

Search This thread

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
Got galaxy Note 2 , totally bricked right now , Gave it to my friend and he returned me back with completely black screen. Could you please suggest me if anything i can try on this one.

Things i have tried so far
1) Tried with different battery no luck
2) externally charge battery with external charger no luck
3) checked all the connectors inside , all are looking intact
4) replaced charging port no luck

Seems like this device got bricked somehow, is there any way to turn it alive ??

badtzo

Dec 8, 2010
Mexico city
Redmi K20 Pro
Riffbox or jtag. Mine died last week this way it came back to life unfortunately mine have kind a issue with emmc so it will gonna die eventually again. I hope yours one is ok.

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
Riffbox or jtag. Mine died last week this way it came back to life unfortunately mine have kind a issue with emmc so it will gonna die eventually again. I hope yours one is ok.

Please consider me Novice in JTag field, Do we need different boxes for different devices, i have seen several videos on Jtag,I have sent mail to their US distributor bcoz unfortunately we do not have any in Canada. What's the success rate on these devices ?? Do we have any instructional videos or any support how to use RIFFBOX , just want to make sure if i would be able to use it before i make my order

Last edited:

badtzo

Dec 8, 2010
Mexico city
Redmi K20 Pro
I have just realised that you don't tell us if you have warranty... if you have it then use it. Cause the way I've told you before probably will void the warranty.

----

I don't know how it works in your country but here in mexico, there are several External Service Centers (not official) they repare anything, softbrick, hardware brick, change the case cover, dialpad, etc. but it has a cost. If you buy the box just to repair your phone I think it will cost a lot of money to you since this boxes works with a lot of models of different brands (they are expensive) and you need technical knowledge about how to work with them.

In my case, the Service Center first tried with riffbox (cheaper and fast way) and it worked to turn on the phone in a couple of minutes, it was indicating there was bootloader broken so it worked when tried to rapair it but since my emmc memory was kinda buggy, it died the same day, so i left it again to warranty on the SC and they then tried with jtag this way they told me is like the "hard reset" since wipe and make again the partition system and install all the stuff, now works pretty well but they make a warning to me abut future deads because the final solution and the real one that needs my phone is to change the motherboard (they don't change just the emmc).

But if your emmc is ok, they probably just need to use riffbox maybe jtag but your phone will surely be ok again.

the cost for the reparation should be about 30-50 USD

If you don't know where is one of this external service centers on your town, try searching on google about riffbox, jtag service center in -your town-.

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
I have just realised that you don't tell us if you have warranty... if you have it then use it. Cause the way I've told you before probably will void the warranty.

----

I don't know how it works in your country but here in mexico, there are several External Service Centers (not official) they repare anything, softbrick, hardware brick, change the case cover, dialpad, etc. but it has a cost. If you buy the box just to repair your phone I think it will cost a lot of money to you since this boxes works with a lot of models of different brands (they are expensive) and you need technical knowledge about how to work with them.

In my case, the Service Center first tried with riffbox (cheaper and fast way) and it worked to turn on the phone in a couple of minutes, it was indicating there was bootloader broken so it worked when tried to rapair it but since my emmc memory was kinda buggy, it died the same day, so i left it again to warranty on the SC and they then tried with jtag this way they told me is like the "hard reset" since wipe and make again the partition system and install all the stuff, now works pretty well but they make a warning to me abut future deads because the final solution and the real one that needs my phone is to change the motherboard (they don't change just the emmc).

But if your emmc is ok, they probably just need to use riffbox maybe jtag but your phone will surely be ok again.

the cost for the reparation should be about 30-50 USD

If you don't know where is one of this external service centers on your town, try searching on google about riffbox, jtag service center in -your town-.

Thanks a lot for this much knowledge about this product. I always help my friend fixing their phones and some of my good friends pay me for that. Its kind of part time job for me. I am just crazy to try something new in this field so I am not worrying about money part right now. That is why I am just seeking information how much it will cost and from where i can get information how to use this box. I guess we need lot of new things to learn before i start using it. Please let me know whatever u know about it, I am gathering knowledge from google too and other websites , Your help so far is very much appreciated. Please let me know what else you know about these riffbox or jtag ?