Twrp backups too big

Search This thread

materoprodutions

Nov 14, 2010
Hello everybody. I've been flashing custom roms for a while now and I've never had this problem. I would like to make a twrp backup of my current rom and try another one, I've done this in the past but now I'm having some trouble doing it, and I'm not sure what's wrong. On my phone I have 5.5gb free, my apps total are 2.6gb and my other media in the SD card partition are about 4gb.. Now when I try to make a backup in twrp it comes out like 6gb which really to big to keep on the phone. I always remembered that all the backups I did where around 2.8gb so I don't understand what's wrong. I would like to backup my rom with apps and settings and exclude my SD card partition since even if a rom doesn't boot and I do a clean wipe doesn't get erased... Any ideas? I'm on the latest twrp...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

QUIETLYloud

Jun 25, 2011
Holyoke
Perhaps you should delete your old backups and choose to compress backup

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
TWRP doesn't support excluding things afaik, you could always make a backup of just /system with TWRP and use 'adb backup' to do your apps.

I usually use 'adb backup -all -apk -nosystem' as this works without root and will backup all user apps + data.