[Q] OS lost :(

Search This thread

jojolapatate_xda

Feb 26, 2010
Hello guys,

I didn't make any save, and it seems I lost my OS by playing with TWRP :(
Has anyone a save that I could use ?
Or else is there any stock ROM available ?
If some one has any idea how to boot my phone again, I'll be very grateful.
Best regards

kiwiandy

Mar 29, 2008
Christchurch

Axcelctw

Oct 31, 2013
Kedah
can someone test it out does htc one e8 support mhl? although some website claim that it dosnt but do say it did. can someone with the device test it out. i really need this info.

jojolapatate_xda

Feb 26, 2010

Hello and than you for your reply.
Did you test it ? Cause I downloaded the same file several times from chineese sites and the zip is now working.
At the end I found a smaller rom (HTC_One_E8_m8sw_v1.0) but it's "customized" and "optimized" and I'm not fan of it as I don't know who did what on it.
Anyway, thank you very much, I'm downloading your file and I will try it.

kiwiandy

Mar 29, 2008
Christchurch
Same problem with thiz .zip.
Archive seems to be corrupted. Impossible to dearchive it !
Did you try it ?
Maybe I missed something.

i didnt try it, I just downloaded for insurance in case anything went wrong when I was trying to get a custom recovery onto my phone.

Did you try to flash it?

I dont think that RUU files can be unzipped using normal windows zip tools?

jojolapatate_xda

Feb 26, 2010
i didnt try it, I just downloaded for insurance in case anything went wrong when I was trying to get a custom recovery onto my phone.

Did you try to flash it?

I dont think that RUU files can be unzipped using normal windows zip tools?

What's the procedure to flash it ?
I tried by using TWRP and Install.
I tried also by renaming the rom 0PAJIMG.zip and use HBOOT, but each time I get an error saying that the image is not valid.
I'll try again with your file.
But if you fear that something will go wrong, then make your own backup using TWRP ;)

aromli

Jul 30, 2014
KUALA LUMPUR
I finally succeeded in installing this ROM. Quite strange, but working now.
I did now 3 or 4 updates ! Quite boring ;)

i'm glad to hear your successfully installed the ROM. may i know the procedure ?
i tried many times to install ROM but no luck until now. renaming the ROM zip file to 0PAJIMG.zip to /sdcard but HBOOT always said no found or wrong image :(

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

aromli

Jul 30, 2014
KUALA LUMPUR
i'm glad to hear your successfully installed the ROM. may i know the procedure ?
i tried many times to install ROM but no luck until now. renaming the ROM zip file to 0PAJIMG.zip to /sdcard but HBOOT always said no found or wrong image :(

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

After i re-lock my HTC boot loader, i was managed to recover my phone using Stock ROM.
Thanks all. :)

adrenalize_

Aug 15, 2012
First off yes RUU zip files are encrypted so you can't open them like normal zip files. Not sure about the OTA for E8 as I don't have one yet. OTAs used to be unencrypted but there was talk HTC may start encrypting them also.

To flash an RUU zip with it on the SD card you probably need similar pre-requisites to the HTC One M7 Dual SIM I am familiar with such as: Locked bootloader, zip on external SD FAT32 formatted, not sure if you need to be S-Off if you are flashing the same region/CID version (i.e. x.xx.1402.x for China Unicom).

You probably can flash the RUU using fastboot: fastboot flash zip name_of_zip.zip
again must be same region RUU unless you are S-Off

I must start a new thread and try and collect the different region variations etc and any RUUs and see if it is possible to swap regions like you can on the HTC One M7 - obviously only between RUUs for the same hardware MID. I understand there are single and dual sim E8s in China (M8Sw and M8St respectively??) and the dual sim is also available in Taiwan and Russia. Hopefully the Russian ROM is x.xx.401.x and is a Europe wide ROM. If the MID is the same on all the handsets in different regions swapping ROMs should be possible.