[KERNEL & CF-root][GB][LE4/Universal] Bam Custom Kernel: BCK beta 15 [07.02.13]

Search This thread

joelmonty

Mar 12, 2011
Mumbai
@xdabam sometimes the touch screen just stops working and the only way to fix it is a force reboot and the front camera is inverted, other than these two issues awesome kernel, I'm using the xxkpq stock rom with the cf root kernel XDA_BAM@Bam_PC #16, with ext4.
Sometimes even the wifi doesn't work, I found a work around to on and off mobile data or reboot
Skype call on video causes crash or reboot even Google hangouts or green screen.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

petmon

Apr 3, 2013
Hi, guys

Flashed PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta14fix.tar and works fine. But in CWM recovery, it won't back up boot partition. How can I back up boot partition as well?

XDA_Bam

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2011
@xdabam sometimes the touch screen just stops working and the only way to fix it is a force reboot and the front camera is inverted, other than these two issues awesome kernel, I'm using the xxkpq stock rom with the cf root kernel XDA_BAM@Bam_PC #16, with ext4.
Sometimes even the wifi doesn't work, I found a work around to on and off mobile data or reboot
Skype call on video causes crash or reboot even Google hangouts or green screen.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Never heard of or had any problem with the touchscreen. I don't know what could cause this, since the touchscreen driver is not touched by my kernel modifications.

Concerning the mirrored camera: Samsung changed the orientation behaviour in the value pack firmwares (XXLE4, etc.). If you are using pre-value pack firmwares such as XXKPQ, you could revert to BCK beta 14fix to avoid this problem or simply upgrade to the newest available firmware in your region and stay with BCK beta 15 :)

Hi, guys

Flashed PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta14fix.tar and works fine. But in CWM recovery, it won't back up boot partition. How can I back up boot partition as well?

It should backup boot, too. Is there any error message or does it just not work? In any case, you should check that there is enough space left for the backup to be made.

petmon

Apr 3, 2013
It should backup boot, too. Is there any error message or does it just not work? In any case, you should check that there is enough space left for the backup to be made.

There is no error message. It just won't back up boot. It only backup system, data, datadata, cache and nandroid, There is enough space left for the backup.
More information: I use stock rom I9003ZHKPI_I9003XXLE4_I9003ZZHKPD_HOME.tar.md5 and your kernel PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta14fix.tar in order to get working WiFi. WiFi won't work with other kernels. I found a work around in the forum. First flash your kernel PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta14fix.tar to make WiFi working and then another kernel (which will break WiFi without first installing yours) in order to preserve the working WiFi . With this another kernel, CWM5.0.2.8 by Napstar was installed. I then created a back up with this version of CWM by Napstar. It backup boot, system, data, datadata, cache and nandroid, I then flashed stock XXLE4 rom and your bete14fix kernel again and tried restoring the last backup. It just restored system, data, datadata, cache and nandroid, not the boot. No error message either.
I like your kernel very much as it comes with working WiFi, good battery life, CWM manager updated to vesrion 3.0, etc. It would be a bonus if the included CWM could backup boot as well.
Thanks your your reply, BAM.

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
i'm using call recording feature in my phone and just after the v12 this feature stoped working correctly. those days i was using KPQ firmware which has perfect mod to record calls. there were no way out exept not using higher versions than v12. some weeks ago I decided to flash latest chinese firmware ZCKPL. it has also call recording feature without any mods. i was very surprised when call recording was spoiled with v14fix kernel installed. it seems to me that this incompatibility is a result of using new sources from samsung when compiling kernel.
I must admit that quite the same situation observed with UC kernel. it also has voice call recording support only with early versions but not with latest.
Voit I also flashed yesterday ZCKPL & call recording was working fine until I flashed PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta15rc8 it booted & rooted it too but then I lost call recording ability. Files now record with 0 byte data.

Does v12 works with ZCKPL? I need a work around as I want call recording which has never ever worked on my phone only ZCKPL was able to do it.

If I can find a rooting method for ZCKPL then I may not flash Bam kernel at all, did you root your phone?

vankd

Jan 7, 2012
We can't change the lenght of the vermagic and that's ok, I expected this.

The problem of the other two zip is the updater-script. I made a mistake there, stupid, I could have checked it better.

Here the working one (taken from an old KPU backup. The vermagic is already correct).

Flash this if WIFI doesn't work (this time I tested it).

EDIT:
You can use this with every CF-root kernel

Does it works on bck kernel beta15?
Sorry for my bad english

Reactions: joelmonty

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
@ xda_bam

buddy why u quit developing?? You have great talent of kernel development. Current develipment of cm10.1 alpha 8 is amazing. Its stability is amazing. If u develope for cm10.1 kernel then it will be one of the most amazing combiantion for development :D

XDA_Bam

Mar 27, 2011
@ xda_bam

buddy why u quit developing?? You have great talent of kernel development. Current develipment of cm10.1 alpha 8 is amazing. Its stability is amazing. If u develope for cm10.1 kernel then it will be one of the most amazing combiantion for development :D

Thank you, Vishal :)

I've actually sold my i9003 to a friend and wouldn't be able to test the kernel myself, anymore. And my Linux install is currently down - I will upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04 someday but until then, I can't compile or upload to GitHub.

ndttung8487

May 14, 2013
Where people need me
Thank you, Vishal :)

I've actually sold my i9003 to a friend and wouldn't be able to test the kernel myself, anymore. And my Linux install is currently down - I will upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04 someday but until then, I can't compile or upload to GitHub.

First, thanks alot for your hard work XDA_Bam! If you still interesting in development kernel for SL device, we can become your tester. Dont mind to ask help from us as SL android development is smaller compare with other device's community, hope you can back with us again..so happy..

maxxxz

Account currently disabled
Jul 10, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Sorry for come to an old post, when i write "su
echo "1100" > /sys/power/overclock_opp4" on android terminal it says it cannot be created......why?
Thank you

XDA_Bam

Mar 27, 2011
Sorry for come to an old post, when i write "su
echo "1100" > /sys/power/overclock_opp4" on android terminal it says it cannot be created......why?
Thank you

Is your device rooted? If you use the Clean or CWM-flavor of BCK, your phone will not be rooted automatically. But you need to root to be able to gain 'su'-privileges. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BCK - Bam Custom Kernel for i9003 / Galaxy SL

This Kernel is based on the Chinese GB source, released by Samsung on the 18th of November. Last changes to the source were made by Samsung on November 15th. If you still have questions after reading this post, look at the FAQs (including a list of requested features and known issues).

Kernel features:
    • No SOD :D
    • Bugfixes:
      ~ Sync bug fixed. Notifications for new mails and messages should arrive within one minute under all circumstances
      ~ Bluetooth problems fixed. Your phone now should play nice with bluetooth hosts, i.e. your car audio system
      ~ Micro stutters nearly completely gone thanks to lowered processor transition latency. It's smooooooooth
      ~ Home button double presses exterminated
    • Governors:
      ~ smartassV2 governor by erasmux (default)
      ~ interactive governor by Mike Chan
    • IO scheduler:
      ~ SIO IO scheduler by Miguel Boton (default)
      ~ BFQ IO scheduler by Paolo Valente and Fabio Checconi
      ~ deadline IO scheduler
    • Extended features:
      ~ ro.secure=0 (root acces through adb shell - to root the 'clean flavour' of BCK, please follow the instructions)
      ~ EXT4 support (to convert your file system, use amit.bagaria's ext4 add-on .apk) (Only in CF-Root .tar)
      ~ Support for init.d scripts (to use scripts, please follow the instructions) (Only in CF-Root .tar)
      ~ BLN support (to use BLN, please follow the instructions)
      ~ TUN support for VPN networks built-in (no module needed)
      ~ Increased SD-card read ahead of 768 kb for improved read speed
      ~ Available with universal CF-root ramdisk based on amit.bagaria's version, improved by loSconosciuto (Only in CF-Root .tar)
      ~ Available with universal CWM ramdisk (rooted) based on universal CF-root, but 'tweakless' (Only in CWM .tar)
    • Overclocking and Voltage:
      ~ Evolved sysfs interface for variable overclock or underclock (all operating points [OPPs] can be adjusted seperately)
      ~ Fifth OPP (1.2 GHz) available, device booting up at stock speed (1 GHz)
      ~ Total frequency control. The device will never run at higher speeds than defined by you, not even on WiFi.
      ~ sysfs interface for voltages (read only at the moment)
      ~ Slight undervolt (3%) on all OPPs

Flashing , settings and compatibility:
    If you want to use BCK, please flash it on a clean stock ROM. If you want to go back to stock, repartition and reflash the full firmware with ODIN. This kernel will not work on CM or MIUI.
    The CF-root and CWM versions (PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_***.tar / PDA_BCK_CWM_universal_***.tar) can be flashed on any recent Gingerbread firmware. These versions are pre-rooted, which means they include Superuser.
    The non-CF-root "clean" version (PDA_BCK_XXKPQ_***.tar / PDA_BCK_XXLE4_***.tar) will only work on XXKPQ / XXLE4. Do not flash this version on anything other ROM than the one indicated in the file name. This will break your WiFi. It's especially risky to flash the clean version of BCK after flashing any CF-root kernel before. Don't do it. This version does not include Superuser, but it is prepared to be rooted. Follow the instructions to do this.
    After a kernel update, please wait for the device to boot up and reboot once. There is generally no need for cache cleaning or a full reset. To change the governor and IO scheduler, I use NoFrills CPU Control from the market. It's free and reliable.

I recommend to use the clean XXKPQ version. If you want / need to have root, try the CWM version. If you want the 'full package' with FuGu-Mod and more, use the CF-root. I recommend that you do not apply any further tweaks and use a stock ROM.

>>> Warning: Overclocking may damage your device. <<<

Overclocking instructions:
    For overclocking, you will need a shell on your phone, or adb access. I use Android Terminal Emulator. Overclocking is currently limited to certain frequencies (see below) and all operationg points will be set with the stock voltage of the corresponding stock frequency. The frequencies you set have to be within the following ranges:
    Code:
    OPP1:  100 -  500 MHz, stock  300 MHz
    OPP2:  501 -  700 MHz, stock  600 MHz
    OPP3:  701 -  900 MHz, stock  800 MHz
    OPP4:  901 - 1100 MHz, stock 1000 MHz
    OPP5: 1101 - 1500 MHz, stock 1200 MHz, not used by default
    Remember that your phone uses all operating points depending on the current load. Anything more than 10% higher than the highest stock frequency is likely to be unstable, but you are free to try it. To change the clocks, open Terminal Emulator (or type 'adb shell') and hack in
    Code:
    su
    echo "1100" > /sys/power/overclock_opp4
    as an example. The others are opp5, opp3, opp2 and opp1. That's it.
    Settings will be lost at reboot, unless you add them to your init.d scripts. I do not recommend this, as this may cause boot loops if the settings are to high! Be advised that NoFrills CPU Control, SetCPU, or whatever app you use that may adjust clock settings interfers with this. You may wanna update their settings after this. I do not recommend using them to set anything at boot if you overclock any OPP, because they might save the wrong frequencies and crash or do worse.

Changelog:
    beta 1:
    • Added cpufreq governors
    beta 2:
    • Changed smartassV2 settings to fit i9003
    • Added EXT4 support
    • Smaller zImage due to .config changes
    beta 3 (not released):
    • Experimented with overclocking (not working, yet)
    beta 4:
    • Finetuned smartassV2 settings
    • Made smartassV2 governor default
    • Reverted: Smaller zImage due to .config changes
    • Switched to linaro 4.6.2 toolchain (also used for ICS)
    • Activated new, aggressive compiler optimizations (-O3)
    • Added deadline IO scheduler
    • Added BFQ IO scheduler (10% higher performance than CFQ in Antutu Database IO Benchmark. This does not mean, that the maximum read or write speed increase! It just means that the throughput under heavy load is higher.)
    • Made BFQ IO scheduler default
    • Updated all modules
    beta 5:
    beta 6:
    • Variable overclock for all operating points
    beta 7:
    • Switched to universal CF-Root by amit.bagaria (BCK now should run on every recent GB ROM)
    • Added correct version information in settings menu, credits to DooMLoRD
    • Fixed cpufreq stats to correctly reflect frequency changes
    • Increased SD-card read ahead to 768 KBytes. This results in higher SD-card read speeds.
    • Major simplifications in overclocking code. Works more robust, now.
    • Added sysfs interface to show voltages. See /sys/power/overclock_vdd_oppX
    • Changed all voltages to the mainline Linux kernel defaults. This results in a slight 3% undervolt for each OPP, which saves about 5% power and should have no impact on stability whatsoever. Below you will find an overview of the exact voltages.
      Code:
            stock     BCK
      OPP1: 1.0250 V  1.0000 V
      OPP2: 1.2000 V  1.1625 V
      OPP3: 1.3300 V  1.3000 V
      OPP4: 1.3875 V  1.3500 V
      OPP5: not def.  1.3800 V
    beta 8:
    • OPP5 (1.2 GHz) now enabled in _1200 version of kernel. Thanks to knzo for pointing me to the right patch.
    • Fixed video recording bug when running at 1.2 GHz
    • Fixed power management issues at 1.2 GHz
    • Small changes to smartassV2 and interactiveX settings
    beta 9:
    • Added simple IO ('SIO') scheduler
    • Only one kernel version now, which includes OPP5 (1.2 GHz) but boots up at 1 GHz. Be advised that your device may nevertheless be running at 1.2 GHz for five to ten seconds at boot because of software limitations.
    • Changes in PM to always respect cpufreq policy limits. From now on, the device will never run at higher speeds than defined by you, not even on WiFi. Based on an omapzoom.org patch.
    • Changes to OPP switching code. May lead to less 'hickups'. Based on an omapzoom.org patch.
    • Bugfix for framebuffer code. Based on an omapzoom.org patch.
    • Reduced IVA / DSP frequency when on OPP5 to be on the safe side.
    beta 9fix:
    • Reverted: Changes to OPP switching code. May lead to less 'hickups'. (Patch caused random freezes using WiFi.)
    • Reverted: Bugfix for framebuffer code. (Patch showed no noticeable benefits.)
    beta 10:
    • Fix for sync bug applied. If you still have problems, please report.
    • This version is identical to beta 10rc14. No need to flash again, if you already are on that version.
    beta 11:
    • Updated universal CF-Root by amit.bagaria to version 9 (released 1st of February 2012), but NO touch recovery
    • Slight increase in OPP5 voltage (1.38 V -> 1.40 V), may prevent some reported reboots on 1.2GHz
      Code:
            stock     BCK
      OPP5: not def.  1.4000 V
    • Changes in overclocking code to play nice with your frequency settings. If you overclock OPP5 but have restricted freqs to 300 - 1000 MHz, it won't automatically activate OPP5 anymore. The same is true for the lowest OPP.
      If you overclock OPP4 above 1000 MHz and have restricted freqs to 300 - 1000 MHz, it will update the upper boundary to the new frequency of OPP4 so it doesn't get deactivated.
    beta 12:
    • Fixed bluetooth problem with car audio systems (Based on omapzoom patches [1], [2] and [3]). Might resolve other bluetooth issues, too.
    • Universal CF-Root: Fixed bootanimation. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: Fixed install procedure. It will check the actual kernel version, now. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: Fixed fix_permissions script to work on our device. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Switched to user_defconfig, to avoid unnecessary debug lines in dmesg.
    beta 13:
    • Updated sources to GT-I9003_SWA_GB_Opensource_Update1 from the 30th of March. This also enables TUN support by default. You do not need any modules for this - it works "out of the box" with any VPN client.
    • Universal CF-Root: Backup is not failing anymore when started from CWM. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: Some small improvements to multiple scripts.
    • Home button double press issue fixed. There should be no more unwanted double selections in CWM and you can now reliably long press the home button to bring up the list of previously used apps. Idea and timer function taken from a patch by Tegrak.
    • Fixed priority class for CONTENT_PROVIDER not being set, which may have caused apps of this class to be ignored by the autokiller, resulting in less free RAM.
    • Lowered OMAP processor transition latency to the value recommended by TI. Subjectively, this brought huge improvements in terms of reducing micro stutters.
    • Lowered CFS scheduler latency and granularity to values very close to mainline kernel defaults. This could reduce lags in some critical situations, but it doesn't do wonders.
    • Switched to SIO as default IO scheduler.
    beta 14:
    • Universal CF-Root: Replaced CWMManager and TweakManager with zipaligned files. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: The TweakManager is not replaced on install if it didn't change to preserve it's settings. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: Corrected problems because of too little free space in /system when converting to ext4 by permanently moving InfoAlarm.apk from /system/app to /data/app. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: Fixed the non-working WiFi on XXLE4 and prevented future problems. Instead of patching the WiFi modules, they are now replaced. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: Fixed some small mistakes in the CF-root install procedure.
    • Switched the compression of ramdisk and kernel from gzip to lzma. This makes the files much smaller and allows us to include more 'stuff'.
    • Changed smartassV2 settings to wake up at lower frequencies. Further, it is not locked at 300 MHz anymore when the screen is off. Tests showed that free scaling is more battery friendly.
    • Removed InteractiveX and OndemandX governors and added the Interactive governor by Mike Chan (Source: CyanogenMod Crespo kernel). Since free scaling proved to be more battery friendly, the screen off profiles in InteractiveX and OndemandX made them superfluous.
    • The device will not scale above 1 GHz for some seconds when booting anymore. It's now safe to use BCK even if your device can't handle 1.2 GHz. Based on a patch by dalingrin.
    • Changes in PM to respect cpufreq policy limits when playing or recording video. The device should respect your wishes under all circumstances, now ;)
    • Fixed the SmartReflex voltage calibration of the OMAP SoC for OPP5. This could lower power consumption as soon as OPP5 (1.2 GHz) is activated for the first time.
    • Slight increase in the OPP5 nominal voltage (1.40 V -> 1.42 V) to allow for some adjustment by SmartReflex (now that it's working...), if necessary. The actual voltage when the device is running will not change for most users! Based on patches by dalingrin and Sanjeev Premi.
      Code:
            stock     BCK
      OPP5: not def.  1.4200 V
    beta 14 fix:
    • Universal CF-Root: Fixed the non-ending row of force closes after flashing the Universal flavour of BCK. The clean XXKPQ version did not show these problems and didn't need a 'fix'.
    beta 15:
    • Universal CF-Root: Modified some permissions to bring it closer to the stock ramdisk
    • Universal CWM: Created a CWM ramdisk based on CF-root, without most tweaks. You now have three BCK flavours to choose from :)
    • Updated to newest UPDATE2 sources by Samsung
    • Sync bug fix reworked to use new Samsung method from UPDATE2. This may lead to slightly lower standby battery consumption.
    • Fixed accidental front camera mirroring
    • Editing smartassV2 settings with busybox 1.20.x and newer no longer leads to reboots. Thanks to loSconosciuto for pointing me to the patch.
    • Fixed complete crash of WiFi driver when activating WiFi by adapting smartassv2 thresholds
    • Reverted to the original Google Android toolchain using gcc 4.4.3
    • Because of the toolchain-switch, the compiler optimizations are now back to -O2 instead of -O3

Credits:
    Credits go to the mentioned developers of the cpufreq governors, ganeshbiyer, skin1980 and amit.bagaria for the CF-Root and skin1980 for his repack script. Many thanks to DooMLoRD, amit.bagaria, knzo and loSconosciuto for their help! BCK sources are available on GitHub.

Files:
    Attached files:
    • ODIN-flashable PDA_BCK_XXKPQ_***.tar with stock Samsung ramdisk ('Clean flavour'). Only for XXKPQ ROMs.
    • ODIN-flashable PDA_BCK_XXLE4_***.tar with stock Samsung ramdisk ('Clean flavour'). Only for XXLE4 ROMs.
    • ODIN-flashable PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_***.tar with CF-root ramdisk ('Universal CF-root flavour'). For all current Gingerbread ROMs.
    • ODIN-flashable PDA_BCK_CWM_universal_***.tar with CWM (rooted) ramdisk ('Universal CWM flavour'). For all current Gingerbread ROMs.
    Other files (not attached):
    Old releases and release candidates can be found on Dev-Host. Use these with caution!

MD5 sum:
    Code:
    PDA_BCK_XXKPQ_beta10.tar:                83013b2d54c52dddb72deec46b5471de
    PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta10.tar:    e1e8bcc28c878095618413141b642ec1
    PDA_BCK_XXKPQ_beta11.tar:                9eaa6d080f3409c4822e38602bad8efb
    PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta11.tar:    93437cf26699dfe595881941b13a6a83
    PDA_BCK_XXKPQ_beta12.tar:                d9849ae7d9587402aa6465081b4c65a1
    PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta12.tar:    2107dfbf33b2838e66007f4319bee14e
    PDA_BCK_XXKPQ_beta13.tar:                bff3112d3249e951a569148d79643744
    PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta13.tar:    1fab51d641a8914e11a81781683d7d7d
    PDA_BCK_XXKPQ_beta14.tar:                08cd77964c3d8b54b4c97e59500a0b96 
    PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta14fix.tar: 6a2cda17362f5a2e6aac7e78dbe94089
    PDA_BCK_XXLE4_beta15.tar:                7159e6cd5f2b71bebffcb4d86201b6cf
    PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta15.tar:    ecfa46b8aec239f1ac246df61dc63477
    PDA_BCK_CWM_universal_beta15.tar:        765a5253b0313d41399ea86822cf5f80
    UPDATE: BCK beta15 is up. This version is mostly identical to beta15rc8, but is compiled with the user_defconfig. That means there is less debug stuff in there than in the rc releases. Go for it! :)

On a side note, this may very well be my final release. I've had very little time these past months to maintain the kernel. I know there are some annoying bugs left, but I currently do not know how to fix them and probably won't have the time to learn how to. Therefore, I can only encourage everybody to try it themselves! My full sources are on Github and since this is open source, everybody is free to join or take over the development :)

It was always a pleasure sharing with you. Stay positive ;)

Changelog:
    beta 15:
    • Universal CF-Root: Modified some permissions to bring it closer to the stock ramdisk
    • Universal CWM: Created a CWM ramdisk based on CF-root, without most tweaks. You now have three BCK flavours to choose from :)
    • Updated to newest UPDATE2 sources by Samsung
    • Sync bug fix reworked to use new Samsung method from UPDATE2. This may lead to slightly lower standby battery consumption.
    • Fixed accidental front camera mirroring
    • Editing smartassV2 settings with busybox 1.20.x and newer no longer leads to reboots. Thanks to loSconosciuto for pointing me to the patch.
    • Fixed complete crash of WiFi driver when activating WiFi by adapting smartassv2 thresholds
    • Reverted to the original Google Android toolchain using gcc 4.4.3
    • Because of the toolchain-switch, the compiler optimizations are now back to -O2 instead of -O3
    UPDATE: Beta 13 is up. There are some huge improvements to the user experience in this one, and - also thanks to loSconosciuto's help - some rather annoying bugs are gone. Test it - you won't regret it! :D

If there are no major issues with this release, the next one's gonna be 1.00.

Changelog:
    beta 13:
    • Updated sources to GT-I9003_SWA_GB_Opensource_Update1 from the 30th of March
    • Universal CF-Root: Backup is not failing anymore when started from CWM. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: Some small improvements to multiple scripts.
    • Home button double press issue fixed. There should be no more unwanted double selections in CWM and you can now reliably long press the home button to bring up the list of previously used apps. Idea and timer function taken from a patch by Tegrak.
    • Fixed priority class for CONTENT_PROVIDER not being set, which may have caused apps of this class to be ignored by the autokiller, resulting in less free RAM.
    • Lowered OMAP processor transition latency to the value recommended by TI. Subjectively, this brought huge improvements in terms of reducing micro stutters.
    • Lowered CFS scheduler latency and granularity to values very close to mainline kernel defaults. This could reduce lags in some critical situations, but it doesn't do wonders.
    • Switched to SIO as default IO scheduler.
    UPDATE: beta 14 is up! For everybody using the ValuePack (XXLE4): The CF-root version of BCK will now root your device without breaking the WiFi. For everybody else, I recommend that you read the changelog and update as soon as you're comfortable :)

Changelog:
    beta 14:
    • Universal CF-Root: Replaced CWMManager and TweakManager with zipaligned files. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: The TweakManager is not replaced on install if it didn't change to preserve it's settings. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: Corrected problems because of too little free space in /system when converting to ext4 by permanently moving InfoAlarm.apk from /system/app to /data/app. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: Fixed the non-working WiFi on XXLE4 and prevented future problems. Instead of patching the WiFi modules, they are now replaced. Thanks to loSconosciuto.
    • Universal CF-Root: Fixed some small mistakes in the CF-root install procedure.
    • Switched the compression of ramdisk and kernel from gzip to lzma. This makes the files much smaller and allows us to include more 'stuff'.
    • Changed smartassV2 settings to wake up at lower frequencies. Further, it is not locked at 300 MHz anymore when the screen is off. Tests showed that free scaling is more battery friendly.
    • Removed InteractiveX and OndemandX governors and added the Interactive governor by Mike Chan (Source: CyanogenMod Crespo kernel). Since free scaling proved to be more battery friendly, the screen off profiles in InteractiveX and OndemandX made them superfluous.
    • The device will not scale above 1 GHz for some seconds when booting anymore. It's now safe to use BCK even if your device can't handle 1.2 GHz. Based on a patch by dalingrin.
    • Changes in PM to respect cpufreq policy limits when playing or recording video. The device should respect your wishes under all circumstances, now ;)
    • Fixed the SmartReflex voltage calibration of the OMAP SoC for OPP5. This could lower power consumption as soon as OPP5 (1.2 GHz) is activated for the first time.
    • Slight increase in the OPP5 nominal voltage (1.40 V -> 1.42 V) to allow for some adjustment by SmartReflex (now that it's working...), if necessary. The actual voltage when the device is running will not change for most users! Based on patches by dalingrin and Sanjeev Premi.
      Code:
            stock     BCK
      OPP5: not def.  1.4200 V

PS: If you're missing Lionheart or Lulzactive, look into the FAQ.
    UPDATE: Please feel free to test BCK beta 15rc7 in the Universal CF-root flavour or with Universal CWM. I recommend that you flash the flavour you have currently installed (i.e. use CF-root if you currently use CF-root). There are only very small changes compared to beta 15rc6 and so far, no serious problems have been reported with the latter release. A backup is recommended none the less. I hope to have fixed most WiFi problems with this rc, although it might still hang from time to time when acquiring an IP address.

Let me know if this release solves the WiFi problem for you (and if you had it before) :)

Changelog:
    • Possibly fixed complete crash of WiFi driver when activating WiFi