Newest cellular radio 1.08.01.0111 (02/03/2012), touchscreen firmware flashable zip

Search This thread

xFilthyxJesusx

Apr 7, 2009
RUU'd back to Froyo, screen still unresponsive. Then RUU'd 2.3.4 gingerbread, screen now works in both landscape and portrait, but is still unresponsive.

What's odd is both times I RUU'd, within the first few minutes of the phone booting up and loading the OS, the screen was usable, and super responsive, then its like it finishes loading and prevents the screen from being useable. Anyone possibly have the "OLDER TOUCH SCREEN FIRMWARE" I would greatly appreciate it.

How does one go about identifying the "firmware" of the touch screen on their phones. It's not displayed in any of the spec apps nor the phones info spec screens either.

Maybe I should retry the froyo RUU?

Last edited:

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
RUU'd back to Froyo, screen still unresponsive. Then RUU'd 2.3.4 gingerbread, screen now works in both landscape and portrait, but is still unresponsive.

What's odd is both times I RUU'd, within the first few minutes of the phone booting up and loading the OS, the screen was usable, and super responsive, then its like it finishes loading and prevents the screen from being useable. Anyone possibly have the "OLDER TOUCH SCREEN FIRMWARE" I would greatly appreciate it.

How does one go about identifying the "firmware" of the touch screen on their phones. It's not displayed in any of the spec apps nor the phones info spec screens either.

Maybe I should retry the froyo RUU?

The 2.2 Froyo would be the older firmware. RUU back to Froyo, and you'll have it. That's what the first Shift's originally shipped with.

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
Honestly cant remember if i posted about this or not, so if so sorry, im slightly drunk n in a forum mood.

To start with, im 99% sure this is the network in my area, just looking for other opinions. When i flash this radio, new one, 1.0.8ish, if i am home, in scranton pa, 18508, 3g and such work great, 3g speed is actually a bit quicker on newest radio. However i am currently stationed in williamsport pa 17701 on work, and this radio will only connect to 1x. If i reflash back to origional radio i get 3g but not the speeds from scranton. Just wondering how evdo could be blocked out entirely.

The other reason i think its the area in 17701 is because my companies handhelds are sprint moto es400s. Same thing, scranton i hav the ev icon, out here i run 1x...

Anyone have a theory? I tried asking at the local store, the guy said it was because my phone was rooted (yea i know... Dumb). And he had never seen my handheld before but informed me i shud let my company know wm6.5 is outdated and we should upgrade. I dont see comcast getting 1000s of techs new handhelds however lol.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Honestly cant remember if i posted about this or not, so if so sorry, im slightly drunk n in a forum mood.

To start with, im 99% sure this is the network in my area, just looking for other opinions. When i flash this radio, new one, 1.0.8ish, if i am home, in scranton pa, 18508, 3g and such work great, 3g speed is actually a bit quicker on newest radio. However i am currently stationed in williamsport pa 17701 on work, and this radio will only connect to 1x. If i reflash back to origional radio i get 3g but not the speeds from scranton. Just wondering how evdo could be blocked out entirely.

The other reason i think its the area in 17701 is because my companies handhelds are sprint moto es400s. Same thing, scranton i hav the ev icon, out here i run 1x...

Anyone have a theory? I tried asking at the local store, the guy said it was because my phone was rooted (yea i know... Dumb). And he had never seen my handheld before but informed me i shud let my company know wm6.5 is outdated and we should upgrade. I dont see comcast getting 1000s of techs new handhelds however lol.

Update your PRL/Profile

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
Tried prl/profile update, on shift, cant figure out how to do it on comcast phone, but tht thing is pretty locked down by corporate

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
ill give it a shot on my handheld when i login in the morning, but it seems to be a 'regional' issue, because all of our handhelds (about 10 in this hotel) do the same thing, were all from scranton, and all have ev back home. two other guys have sprint, unrooted evo 4g, connects to 3g fine, my shift, depends on which radio i have flashed, and another guy has a photon, same issue, 1x out here, 3g in scranton.

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
turn off data roaming -> enable always on mobile data -> roaming mode = sprint only.

Just tried tht on shift, no change, not aloud to change tht setting on work phone. Im pretty sure its the radio... Just not sure why, id hate to live here, i talked to a customer tht had the shift, still had old radio and was on 3g, the guy didnt know anything about rooting so i didnt bother to ask if he was gonna update or not

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Just tried tht on shift, no change, not aloud to change tht setting on work phone. Im pretty sure its the radio... Just not sure why, id hate to live here, i talked to a customer tht had the shift, still had old radio and was on 3g, the guy didnt know anything about rooting so i didnt bother to ask if he was gonna update or not

What do you mean you cant change the settings? All you're doing is say "don't go off sprint's network".. I'm confused.

djquestt

Oct 24, 2009
http://goo-inside.me/roms/VICODAN/PG06IMG.zip

MD5sum: 1405fd7b80048fb7d733dc5d918bf879

Improvements:

Faster 3G speeds
Better battery life
WAY more responsive touchscreen
Phone in general feels more responsive
Better cellular reception

WARNING!: Please make sure your battery is charged before flashing!

Cellular Radio 1.08.01.0111, new touchscreen firmware. Yes, it will bypass 1 of 3 on TP, this is normal.

Not sure why but WiMAX radio 27243 (March 2011 for Evo 4G NOT SHIFT) is included in this zip from HTC.

Either way drop the PG06IMG.zip on the root of your sdcard, hold volume down and press the power button and release while holding down the volume down button.

A white screen will come up asking you if you want to update. If it doesn't ask, choose bootloader. Say yes and it will update your phone. This has been tested on multiple phones and works.

Here is a video on how to do it:

Thanks to otaking71
hello i followed the instructions on page one at the top unfortunately when i rebooted i got stuck at the white htc screen i have access to the bootloader and recovery can you please help me any advice is appreciated (no im not a noob ive updated the radio before ive been rooted since the original g1 thanks in advance

Last edited:

crump84

Feb 19, 2011
The Gump
hello i followed the instructions on page one at the top unfortunately when i rebooted i got stuck at the white htc screen i have access to the bootloader and recovery can you please help me any advice is appreciated (no im not a noob ive updated the radio before ive been rooted since the original g1 thanks in advance

Try going into recovery, wipe dalvik and cache then reboot

Sent from ELTE

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
What do you mean you cant change the settings? All you're doing is say "don't go off sprint's network".. I'm confused.

The ES is a company issued phone. Its tracked and monitored all the time. Ive been yelled at for going to craigslist in IE. I cant change the roaming options as we also have sim cards in the phone. When I say i cant, i mean work wont let me. Id get in trouble. Ive seen a sup get fired for rooting a photon.

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
The ES is a company issued phone. Its tracked and monitored all the time. Ive been yelled at for going to craigslist in IE. I cant change the roaming options as we also have sim cards in the phone. When I say i cant, i mean work wont let me. Id get in trouble. Ive seen a sup get fired for rooting a photon.

You are on the wrong forum. The HTC Evo Shift does NOT have a SIM card.

Reactions: thronnos

Top Liked Posts