[Q] wifi calling not working

Search This thread

Tabackerack

Feb 3, 2014
I've had my Note 3 (SM-N900T) for a few months. Wifi calling worked up until a few weeks ago. I don't know what I could have done to break it, but it's busted. The phone is connecting to wifi (the internet works), but the wifi calling icon never appears, even if the setting is changed to only use wifi calling.

I've tried forgetting/reconnecting to wifi, worked with T-Mobile support, they verified all the settings on their end, and eventually gave me a new sim. They tried to blame my router (which hasn't changed in the last few weeks). I went to a friend's house and wifi connected fine, but no wifi calling. I went to a T-Mobile store and their wifi didn't work. Probably not the router...

My phone is rooted with the DeLaVega root (knox not set) with minimal changes. The T-Mobile store blamed this issue on the root, of course. This was working for quite a while after the root.

Before I do a factory reset, is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Tabackerack

Feb 3, 2014
Do you think it's likely that even after the factory reset, this will eventually happen again? Should I just get used to the fact that I don't get wifi calling? That might send me crawling back to AT&T.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I had WiFi calling issues on Note3, updated router firmware, works like a champ since then (close to 2 months). Since my old GS3 worked well before router update, that was little tricky to figure out.

Reactions: Tabackerack

Tabackerack

Feb 3, 2014
I had WiFi calling issues on Note3, updated router firmware, works like a champ since then (close to 2 months). Since my old GS3 worked well before router update, that was little tricky to figure out.

Sounds good. I will jump through the hoops to upgrade my router. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

ROADKING17

Aug 17, 2013

How do you update the router if u don't mind me asking and will it affect anything else that's connected on wifi with?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Tabackerack

Feb 3, 2014
dcaseor should

How do you update the router if u don't mind me asking and will it affect anything else that's connected on wifi with?

I looked up the model of the router, found the manufacturer, and downloaded the firmware file. Then logged into it and found the advanced features and updated the firmware. This process is slightly different for every router, but that's the gist of it.

It shouldn't impact the router settings. The only impact will be the brief downtime as the router updates and resets.

ROADKING17

Aug 17, 2013
I looked up the model of the router, found the manufacturer, and downloaded the firmware file. Then logged into it and found the advanced features and updated the firmware. This process is slightly different for every router, but that's the gist of it.

It shouldn't impact the router settings. The only impact will be the brief downtime as the router updates and resets.

Yea I have done that and it's still crappy on my end I wonder if it has to do with the wicked rom I'm on because my tablet works great no so good on my note 3

Tabackerack

Feb 3, 2014
Yea I have done that and it's still crappy on my end I wonder if it has to do with the wicked rom I'm on because my tablet works great no so good on my note 3

Yeah, could be the ROM for you. I'm using the stock ROM. And I'm already on the latest firmware on my current router, so I'm having Frontier send me a new model of router. Maybe that will help? :confused:

ROADKING17

Aug 17, 2013
Yeah, could be the ROM for you. I'm using the stock ROM. And I'm already on the latest firmware on my current router, so I'm having Frontier send me a new model of router. Maybe that will help? :confused:

Yea I'll keep that in mind thanks for the help I appreciate it

PapaWangsta

Mar 6, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed

Sadly, I did a factory reset and replaced my router, neither of which were the root cause.

This was the issue: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2599509
    I replaced the file specified in that thread and wifi calling is working now.