Do any of you REALLY want a metal/aluminum Galaxy??

Search This thread

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I am with you fastfed!

I have just returned my HTC One M8 to exchange it for a Galaxy S5. Sure the HTC looked beautiful but I felt it wasn't going to look like that for long, I almost felt I should wear white cotton gloves before I bought a case for it. A case that would cover all that beauty.

It also got very hot in the hand and I was not going to be putting it anywhere near water!

Aluminium and glass are no more premium than polycarbonate. Go to Coca Cola and see what they put fizzy drinks in, yup glass and aluminium. Polycarbonate is not the same plastic used in your average 2 litre bottle of cola! The plastics Samsung use are very durable and allow for the all important battery swap. Also reducing weight and speeding up production.

I do hope Samsung can come up with something more stylish however, after all - plastic can be moulded into any shape lending itself to something that might make us all go WOW some day. In the meantime they should keep doing what they do well, making brilliant smartphones.

yoonus

Jun 18, 2013
Morrisville
Hope samsung stays with removable battery

Yes. Removable battery is more important than metal cover.
To the more intrested, you can change the cover to your taste, get a case which comes with back cover etc
If back cover damages, you can easly replace it..

The advantages are numerous. If people were looking for metail, M7 should have won the market and HTC sitting on cash pile now.
Hopefully Samsung notice it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I could care less about metal or plastic, I care about UI and features plus battery life. I'm not a diva or a hipster.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I don't want a shiny piece of turd, let it be the HTCrap phone for hipsters.

Enviado do meu Galaxy S4
    To me it depends on overall quality of the device. If I can get a water resistant device and have it feel good in the hand, which imo the S5 does, then I'm for it.

I was really hoping there was going to be a super high end S5 variant with a 2k screen 3gbs of ram ect, which prolly would have had a metal finish. Hope there still will be then I'll go from there. But the features of a given phone sell me not the overall make of it so much, though that does play a part.

I think k we all agree with you. Yes a build of a phone is great, I don't wanna end up with a square phone lol. But at the end of the day I rather have the thinness and lightweight of the S5 plus its So much more ergonomic. Throw in the removable back and water resistance and I cannot complain.

I think this plastic thing is made by ppl who want to bash Samsung just cause they don't like them. Cheap plastic blah blah blah. So many things we use in our lives are made of plastic or have plastic in them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Since the heyday with android phones, vs the Gphone(g stands for girl) everyone use to rave about how a metal housing was so awesome and now a days many reviews about the GS5 is about how they are disappointed with the phone still having a plastic housing.

I don't want metal, if this was 1960, people would be in awe with plastics. Plastic is durable, doesn't dent, holds up to decent abuse, is flexible and honestly IMO its got a great feel. Much better then some cold metal feeling.
    Also, one of the biggest things. Removable battery and expandable memory! I don't know of any metal phones that have a removable battery and I pray to god that the future Galaxies don't fall victim to BS. Not only does this phone have a removable battery and storage expansion, but it can withstand water! that IMO is innovative! Look at the HTC ONE 8, or the Gphone, all metal, sealed battery (Retarded IMO, with a device like this.. Imagine having a point and shoot camera with no option to change the battery out) and they can't withstand water.

Finally, all these people that swear the metal housing phones are the best, they all slap plastic cases on top of them anyway!

I just hope Samsung stay true to the removable battery phone, its IMO why I stick with them and will continue to!
    I don't want metal. I wouldn't have returned my M8 if I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app