Section for the LG Optimus One P500

Search This thread

kite86

Aug 8, 2010
Milano Beach
I have rooted my phone and deleted all the apps in /system/app/

I thought that when I do a restore factory defaults it would place everything back but that's not the case.

I restarted my phone it shows LG logo, LG splash, then ANDROID loading... and that's it. Stuck!

Tried hard reset by pressing HOME+VOLUMEDOWN+POWER it somewhat doing a restore but when phone started it hangs on ANDROID loading.

Anybody encountered this kind of a problem? Please help and I will appreciate it.

Thanks!

Had the same problem.

I rooted my phone and deleted some apps like lg launcher and such

I did a reset but it stucked at first wizard screen giving me an error. Only thing i could do was to remove battery, but then it stucked at android logo..

Fortunately i was in 14 days period and i changed it with a new one

ocyrion

Nov 13, 2010
I don't want to show off my noobishness too much, but what are the steps to flashing drellisdee's recovery ROM? I've read tons on the net but I'm still a bit confused... I have the Android SDK installed but other than that I'm not too sure what to do next.

Just planning on a backup at the moment, but I'm interested in installing an alternative kernel that allows me to overclock the processor. What are the recommendations for kernels for this phone?

dryhte

Nov 8, 2010
UMS toggle doesn't seem to be working for me (I'm using the version you (?) posted on Androidforums, I'm guessing that was you since you thanked the guys who've been testing in this thread).

I should add that my sd card is formatted with a swap partition and a normal partition (need the swap partition for GAOSP, performance is abysmal without it)

I'll attach my logs.

Attachments

• recovery.log.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 50

drellisdee

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
UMS toggle doesn't seem to be working for me (I'm using the version you (?) posted on Androidforums, I'm guessing that was you since you thanked the guys who've been testing in this thread).

I should add that my sd card is formatted with a swap partition and a normal partition (need the swap partition for GAOSP, performance is abysmal without it)

I'll attach my logs.

with the extra part for swap try this and post feedback in android forums post.

on

echo /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file

off

echo "" > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file

do you have a p500 or a p509 optimus t?

dryhte

Nov 8, 2010
with the extra part for swap try this and post feedback in android forums post.

on

echo /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file

off

echo "" > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file

do you have a p500 or a p509 optimus t?

I have a P500.

EDIT: nevermind, I typed it in adb shell when connected to recovery (obviously) and that did the trick. Also replied in the androidforums forum.

Last edited:

ocyrion

Nov 13, 2010
Just flashed your recovery-RC2, it's just done a backup successfully. I have nothing to restore but it's nice to have a backup for piece of mind. Phew that took a lot of courage :) Do I need to choose the NAND / Android .secure one? I just backed up the NAND only...

If I do the factory reset in the settings in the app menu, will it still return the phone to the same as it was when I bought it?

Which kernel works/is good for this phone so I can do some overclocking?

Last edited:

daganb

Mar 19, 2009
seems i am the most stupid user you can't imagine: i bricked my phone so bad, that it doesnt even turn on in emergency mode (was trying all kinds of key-combos and hold them for 5 seconds, including the VOL DOWN+POWER)!

what i did?
installed LGAndroidDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0_All_Win7.exe, run Windows Enabler.exe and then KDZ_FW_UPD.exe to update my phone with a more recent LG rom (which I got from csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/ANEUBK/V10a_00/V10A_00.kdz). well, the phone display turned yellow and said EMERGENCY MODE!! at one point, but the updater seemed not to be busy anymore. after a while i decided that it would be best to take out the battery from my phone and try to restart it. from this point on the phone does nothing anymore.

my phone came preloaded with android froyo (chinese LG version 09b) and I hope to find a way how to boot into emergency mode again. please help!

Consider me high on the list for the stupidest user as well. I own a USA tmobile p509 (optimus t) that upon power on would just be stuck on the LG logo. Phone was unable to get to recovery mode and could only boot to emergency mode. After many different ways of attacking the problem biggest issue was that the LGMobile suite of programs did not have the recovery image available. Next step was playing around with the KDZ program, again no p509 kdz files available. I talked myself into flashing a european KDZ rom in CS_EMERGENCY mode. Now the phone will not turn on. 99.9% sure its toast without a JTAG now.

I own my own electronics repair shop, I took a gamble on this phone buying it from someone that messed up a rooting. My income is mostly cell phone repair and reflashing, however I am pretty shocked at the way LG is approaching the smartphone market. To update your phone the LG software must run at boot (on windows)? Why? Its really sloppy implementation compared to reflashing / recovering Motorola / HTC or Apple products.

99.9% sure its bricked, but it annoys me looking at the phone knowing its a simple flash away from brand new.

baddiee

Nov 27, 2010
I own a USA tmobile p509 (optimus t) that upon power on would just be stuck on the LG logo. Phone was unable to get to recovery mode and could only boot to emergency mode. After many different ways of attacking the problem biggest issue was that the LGMobile suite of programs did not have the recovery image available. Next step was playing around with the KDZ program, again no p509 kdz files available. I talked myself into flashing a european KDZ rom in CS_EMERGENCY mode. Now the phone will not turn on. 99.9% sure its toast without a JTAG now.
I think the right firmware for your smartphone has always been available here:

csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP509BK/ATMOBK/V10l_00/V10L_00.kdz

But if you can't get into emergency mode, I don't know how you can flash it on the phone. :(

Last edited:

witchblade7

Dec 22, 2010
I tried this combo(HOME+VOL DOWN+POWER) but it doesnt work for mine. =/ I'm kinda confused now... Is there any other way I can do a hard reset?

My phone is an LG P503. I bought it from Dubai, but I intend to use it mainly in Canada.

Omnichron

Dec 1, 2010
East Highland, CA
for emergency mode shutdown all the way then press back+volume down+power. this will take you into the yellow emergency mode screen annd then you can flash your p509 with the .kdz file provided. I flashed mine in emergency qc3t somthing and it worked.

cognus

Feb 3, 2011
New Braunfels
Bricked P509 - file link to *.kdz is doa

Anyone have an updated link to the p509's .kdz file? I tried the one posted above and its broken

my amateur 'droid skills proved fatal... to the phone :eek:

and thanks to you all - great forum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I own a USA tmobile p509 (optimus t) that upon power on would just be stuck on the LG logo. Phone was unable to get to recovery mode and could only boot to emergency mode. After many different ways of attacking the problem biggest issue was that the LGMobile suite of programs did not have the recovery image available. Next step was playing around with the KDZ program, again no p509 kdz files available. I talked myself into flashing a european KDZ rom in CS_EMERGENCY mode. Now the phone will not turn on. 99.9% sure its toast without a JTAG now.
    I think the right firmware for your smartphone has always been available here:

csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP509BK/ATMOBK/V10l_00/V10L_00.kdz

But if you can't get into emergency mode, I don't know how you can flash it on the phone. :(