[APP] QuickSwitch (App Switcher) - ALT-TAB behaviour

Search This thread

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
Wow, looks awesome! I just scanned the QR code and will comment back later, although I'm sure it'll be a 5/5! :)

***EDIT***

HAHAHAHA!!! WOW!!!! It's so simple but so practical!! Oh my goodness.. well, off to make a donation!! Thank you so much. This is such an ingenious little app!!!

BTW. I am new to the DZ (using that as a scapegoat, I'm mostly just stupid)... what is hardware key 3? Is that the dedicated Camera button? In any event, I have GO SMS as my 2nd custom key as I use it a lot, and the 1st custom key is now dedicated to QuickSwitch. I'll recommend this to all my friends with DZ's as well!!

Last edited:

fantomex

Jun 10, 2007
it's possible to map it to long-press home button instead of quick1 or quick2 key? thx...

ajk1311

Oct 25, 2010
it's possible to map it to long-press home button instead of quick1 or quick2 key? thx...

which rom are you using? if you're rooted, CM and Enomther's roms both have that ability in cm settings and spare parts, respectively. You can choose which app to open when long-pressing the home button.

holydhaliwal

Sep 8, 2008
Montreal
I don't have a Desire Z and i havn't used this app but from the youtube video i have to say this is pretty bawler. If i would make ONE suggestion and its really not that big of a deal but on the aesthetics side of things I would personally prefer it if it imitated the look of the built in recent apps function, wheres the whole screen kind of fades to black with the icons just in the middle, either way the app is awesome as it is! Good job.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is QuickSwitch?

It's an app I developed to mimic ALT-TAB behaviour.
    More info at http://bit.ly/quickswitch
    market_1.png.scaled500.png

Story:

I am a proud Desire Z owner and have to say the Vision is amazing with its keyboard. One thing I still hate about day to day tasks is switching between Google Talk and MSN apps. I hate reaching up to the notification bar from the keyboard.

So I wrote an app to solve this problem. I call it QuickSwitch.

By taking advantage of the quick keys on the keyboard, I wrote an app that basically launches other apps. It's configurable which apps you want favourit-ed and how many running apps to show. I also made it mimic alt-tab function by pressing Quick key 1 and comma. This would switch back and forth between apps very quickly.

Quick Tutorial

Download:
    chart

Donate
    If you like QuickSwitch, You can send me a donation to my Paypal http://bit.ly/quickswitch-donate-paypal or through the Android Market and search for "QuickSwitch (Donate Only)". The donate version does not add any functionality.

Questions / Comments
    If you want to provide any comments and/or feedback, please post in this thread. New feature requests can be submitted at http://bit.ly/quickswitch-request.

If you could, please add comments and ratings on Market as it can encourage me to develop better stuff!

Thanks!