Phone fell 3 and half floors onto solid concrete

Search This thread

1Chef

Oct 10, 2012
Its almost completely fine, there is a tiny scuff on one corner (amazingly) anyway I was just asking in case there's anything I should worry about. The phone appears to be OK and has been used since then and is typing this, but I'm worried about any damage happening inside the phone or any damage to the battery. Will my phone be OK? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

fuzzyAI

Oct 8, 2013
Its almost completely fine, there is a tiny scuff on one corner (amazingly) anyway I was just asking in case there's anything I should worry about. The phone appears to be OK and has been used since then and is typing this, but I'm worried about any damage happening inside the phone or any damage to the battery. Will my phone be OK? Thanks

It's pure luck that your phone survived such fall. I think you should bring it to store and check.

Reactions: 1Chef

fuzzyAI

Oct 8, 2013
Pure luck and a case. What store do you mean? I have bought the phone from Google play and am not in any form of contract.

Any local store that has the expertise.
I live in a country with lots of local store that can fix, replace broken phones so that might not apply to your case sadly

Reactions: 1Chef

1Chef

Oct 10, 2012
I live in a country with lots of local store that can fix, replace broken phones so that might not apply to your case sadly

I'm currently a uni student in aber wales. Its a very small town with not much here plus I have very little spare money. I think I'll have to wait till I go home where there are as you say lots of phone fixing stores.

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
To save it from scuffs just get a case for it.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

The ringke fusion case. I have no idea how it managed to save the phone as it isn't particularly big or bulky, but it did :).

Same here. I mistakenly dropped my phone couple times but surprising it survived. Best case I ever purchase.

1Chef

Oct 10, 2012
To save it from scuffs just get a case for it.

Same here. I mistakenly dropped my phone a couple times but surprisingly it survived. Best case I ever purchased.

Well there's saving it from scuffs...and what i did to it.
Anyway I think the phone is completely fine, I fully charged it last night and have had the great battery life I normally get today. Everything working fine :).

bladebuddy

Dec 31, 2011
Well there's saving it from scuffs...and what i did to it.
Anyway I think the phone is completely fine, I fully charged it last night and have had the great battery life I normally get today. Everything working fine :).

Reminds me of the time I was out on my mountain biking and got cold hands so pulled my gloves out , at the same time my phone also came out.
Hit the concrete did at least 30 flips and slid across the floor 10 to 20 feet.
I walked over to it expecting the worst. There wasn't a single scratch on it . The case had stood up proudly.( cheap one )
Then I read on this forum that folks have smashed the back glass just by putting it in there jeans pocket.
Seems like some devices maybe have a better build quality then others.
We must be the lucky ones.
Also from the U.K maybe they ship better phones here . Ha ha

Phone : Nexus 4 /Rom : cataclysm / Kernel : Stock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What case are you using?

The ringke fusion case. I have no idea how it managed to save the phone as it isn't particularly big or bulky, but it did :).

It's pure luck that your phone survived such fall. I think you should bring it to store and check.
    Pure luck and a case. What store do you mean? I have bought the phone from Google play and am not in any form of contract.