Modded Optimus One Headphones to Sony Ericsson

Search This thread

Corpysix

Jul 3, 2011
Hello,
First I have to apologize my poor English, I am from Estonia and English isn't my main language.
I just looked at those stock headphones and I wanted to save that middle control button and mic, so I found old Sony Ericsson Walkman player headphones what were dead (the wire was broken from connector) so I brake the mic and control button housing to half with little knife, and swapped the earplugs with sony ericsson ones.
It's pretty simple to do that, here are some pictures:
IMG_20110718_212830.jpg

IMG_20110718_213108.jpg

IMG_20110718_213148.jpg

IMG_20110718_223932.jpg

IMG_20110718_230756.jpg

IMG_20110718_230824.jpg

If you are trying to make something like those by yourself, and damage them then don't blame me. Cause you did it, not me. :)

Corpysix

Jul 3, 2011
Thanks, Well quality is way better than stock earplugs managed to play. I can sure say the quality is same as it were in original sony ericsson ones. :)

Reactions: biggiex2

Corpysix

Jul 3, 2011
Hope you don't screw up something, but rly there is nothing much to lose there, stock/OEM earplugs were cheap plastic thingies. And I also got old not working Ericsson in-ear plugs, so there wasn't anything to lose, just gain.

ubajaj

Dec 3, 2010
It's so sad that many countries in the world are getting the earphones and not the in ear ones that you just used from SE. India for example got the in-ear earphones with a decent sound quality almost(not quite) on par with EP630s. But nevertheless it's a good mod and a good solution for those who have earphones to spare and have the guts to try something like that :)

Also if you want to be sure of sound quality, check it with a 3.5mm jack - fastport converter on SE phones to be sure.

Corpysix

Jul 3, 2011
Well thanks, those LG ones were cheap plastic anyway, then why don't turn them something useful with broken sony ericsson in-ear plugs.
Gonna buy new earplugs anyway, but those were easy to do, and I was bored. I didn't even untied those OEM earplugs, before to try and listen with them, then I had this plan to do.

Reactions: Sree.dhar

Corpysix

Jul 3, 2011
No problem.
Also, if you don't want to open up that mic/answerbutton-box then you can also take appart earphones itself unsolder off the old ones and solder new ones back. Only thing, some earplugs wont open well, and broke easly.

Show off your mods also! :)

lekhwani

The in ear phones we got in india:
31c9340e-6b03-3feb.jpg

31c9340e-67dc-88a6.jpg

And in Europe, people are getting this Chinese garbage.
31c9340e-693b-7ecb.jpg

That's why they are so frustrated. I suggest them to change these to original LG we are getting in India. Then only they can enjoy audio and audio effects properly.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Corpysix

Jul 3, 2011
I am so jelly to indians. Well, I don't listen music with my phone much, so I really don't care much, but still ...

Blueyedevil

Jan 26, 2011
Brasov
Well, I don't understand how India gets the good quality earplugs and Europe gets the ****ty ones. Shame LG :(
Back on-topic, thanks a lot mate for the tip. I also am fed up with the quality of the chinese crap LG delivered to me as earphones and wanted to replace those with some old Nokia that I have around doing nothing (can't use them directly since they have the smaller jack). I was considering cutting the wires, but your solution is more elegant :D. By the way, how did you put back the plastic housing for the mic/button? Did you glue it or you can just snap it back in place (assuming nothing gets broken when you take it apart) ?

Corpysix

Jul 3, 2011
By the way, how did you put back the plastic housing for the mic/button? Did you glue it or you can just snap it back in place (assuming nothing gets broken when you take it apart) ?
You have to open it pretty carefully, it's glued there, I asume if you use hairdryer on it little bit then it would open up a little better. It seemed to clip back togheter pretty well, but I still used a little drop of a hot glue there.
Show your modded earphones also. :)

dr.notor

Jul 25, 2011
The howto is missing an important second part - the ritual burning of the Chinese plastic garbage. :D

Garuxa

May 12, 2011
Santiago
Wow, had not seen this, thanks for the input. When I find some headphones that do not serve ... it proves :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    First I have to apologize my poor English, I am from Estonia and English isn't my main language.
    I just looked at those stock headphones and I wanted to save that middle control button and mic, so I found old Sony Ericsson Walkman player headphones what were dead (the wire was broken from connector) so I brake the mic and control button housing to half with little knife, and swapped the earplugs with sony ericsson ones.
    It's pretty simple to do that, here are some pictures:
    IMG_20110718_212830.jpg

IMG_20110718_213108.jpg

IMG_20110718_213148.jpg

IMG_20110718_223932.jpg

IMG_20110718_230756.jpg

IMG_20110718_230824.jpg

If you are trying to make something like those by yourself, and damage them then don't blame me. Cause you did it, not me. :)
    Thanks, Well quality is way better than stock earplugs managed to play. I can sure say the quality is same as it were in original sony ericsson ones. :)
    Well thanks, those LG ones were cheap plastic anyway, then why don't turn them something useful with broken sony ericsson in-ear plugs.
    Gonna buy new earplugs anyway, but those were easy to do, and I was bored. I didn't even untied those OEM earplugs, before to try and listen with them, then I had this plan to do.
    Here it is, hope it helps a bit. It's not that hard to solder ... :]
    Untitled.jpg