Miracast on 4x HD?

Search This thread

foxfireseed

Apr 14, 2009
Well, I looked up here in xda and on the internet and found nothing conclusive regarding Miracast on 4x HD. So, Tegra 3 supports it and our device is already on 4.2 builds...does anyone knows what is missing?

Dev in this thread claimed to have ported the feature from Optimus G but link is down since last July despite many people reporting the issue.

And when I say "nothing conclusive" I mean that I couldn't find any article saying "yes, you should be able to use it" or "no, 4x HD doesn't support it".

Strange....

Last edited:

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Well, I looked up here in xda and on the internet and found nothing conclusive regarding Miracast on 4x HD. So, Tegra 3 supports it and our device is already on 4.2 builds...does anyone knows what is missing?

Dev in this thread claimed to have ported the feature from Optimus G but link is down since last July despite many people reporting the issue.

And when I say "nothing conclusive" I mean that I couldn't find any article saying "yes, you should be able to use it" or "no, 4x HD doesn't support it".

Strange....

me i only found this article ,
saying about new lg smart tv that support nfc and miracast. nothing more. maybe does that mean that we need also to buy a new tv to use this feature ? not gonna happen if thats the case. im happy with my plasma samsung

foxfireseed

Apr 14, 2009
Well I happen to have Smart LG tv compatible with Miracast and I can't use it. I only have the option of sharing videos or pics to my tv screen...

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Well I happen to have Smart LG tv compatible with Miracast and I can't use it. I only have the option of sharing videos or pics to my tv screen...

Miracast installation guide ** NOT SURE FOR OPTIMUS 4x COMPATIBILITY. Maybe if someone has tried this already and can tell you about it.
*** propably working. i have a friend with whome we trade pictures and he has a samsung s3. i open nfc and he opens the same whatever samsung call it.

Reactions: foxfireseed

foxfireseed

Apr 14, 2009
Thanks for sharing the guide...my tv has native miracast support, and the issue here is that there's no "enable miracast" option on the stock JB or even in cm10 roms. Since the tegra 3 officially supports it, I believe it's only a lack of software issue.

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Thanks for sharing the guide...my tv has native miracast support, and the issue here is that there's no "enable miracast" option on the stock JB or even in cm10 roms. Since the tegra 3 officially supports it, I believe it's only a lack of software issue.

at the guide , samsung didnt have a miracast option either. he just used that thing thats called nfc and android beam in lg

foxfireseed

Apr 14, 2009
at the guide , samsung didnt have a miracast option either. he just used that thing thats called nfc and android beam in lg

Actually he used an option called "All share Cast". I already tried that before with no success.

I still think we need some app to make it work ...

foxfireseed

Apr 14, 2009
Well, I just sent an e-mail to LG asking if our device is Miracast capable. I'll let you all know as soon as I get an answer.

****Nevermind, they gave me a useless answer ......

Last edited:

foxfireseed

Apr 14, 2009
I guess this is the best alternative since it looks like we won't have miracast option anytime soon, if ever.

Thanks!

amkirk94

May 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
I am on official CM11. There is an option called "cast screen" on the display settings. I enable it, but my smart TV is unable to locate the device. Anyone else having this issue with miracast?

Reactions: galexman

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
I am on official CM11. There is an option called "cast screen" on the display settings. I enable it, but my smart TV is unable to locate the device. Anyone else having this issue with miracast?

If you turn that option on, wpa_supplicant crashes so it doesn't work.

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD

Top Liked Posts