(Rom) Vibrant9 Eclair 2.1 flashable .zip * 9/2/2010* Final *

Search This thread

Pedamann

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area
I got a question, plz answer, is this rom fix GPS problem on samsung vibrant.... and what Kernel-Vibrant-Stock.zip use for. How to use it ?

Sr i'm new to android, and english isn't my first language.
Vibrant9 does have a much better GPS lock for sure... I ran it for a while before going over to Bionix Fusion 1.2...

Kernel... You need to do WAY more reading!

v1ck84

Dec 26, 2010
eugene can u please send me the file?? i need eugene373 vibrant8 or 9 if out can u please get back at me asap! thank you merry x mas and happy new years!

aub_pro

Jan 20, 2010
London
Jacs kernel

I have darkeys 9.3 rom with voodoo can I flash from that to this rom? Or do i have to flash back to samsung stock rom? If so can i use kies to do it and how?

Last edited:

wildklymr

Dec 14, 2006
I agree with being pained to bump this thread. It is obsolete. A 2.1 eclair rom. But I feel you need necessary information. This rom does not flash a kernel so you cannot flash it directly over a 2.2 froyo rom like darkys. This was a great rom in its time, but with everything out now, it is at best a fond memory.

My acctual question is edited above your post

aub_pro

Jan 20, 2010
London
flashing to stock

I was told that you have to go to eclair 2.1 from Darkys rom...missinformed I guess so the stock Froyo 2.2 is ok? I'm just trying to gather information on how to flash to stock incase i ever have to send my phone in for repair. I found an Odin stock and flashable zip what one should I use? If I use the flashable zip I wont be able to send it back to bell like that?

G

Good_Orion

Probably the simplest thing for you to do is use the Vibrant Toolbox. The thread is stickied. It's a very simple method to odin back to stock.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

aub_pro

Jan 20, 2010
London
Hmmm I would have to agree however you still have to open Odin and select. .tar and pit. File and then use the toolbox so isn't it acctually adding another step...although the stock pit and .tar included in the toolbox is handy.

aub_pro

Jan 20, 2010
London
sim unlock?

I read somewhere that to make sure sim lock is off aka unlock my phone however I hope I don't have to because I want to flash to stock so bell doesnt know I had my phone rooted but wont unlocking it so I can go with another carrier void my warranty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a reason why the calendar is jacked up now with the bar at the top?

Also, why are GPS and sync icons pixelated, as well as the notification bar being translucent. I guess I just don't see the improvement from vibrant 4 to vibrant 6... vibrant 6 seems like a big step back? I had none of these "glitches" in vibrant4.

Finally, is there a reason why a rom isn't released that INTEGRATES the most popular tweaks - aka GPS and LAG fix?

Please add an issue log to the original post to declutter this thread and help everyone out.

+1 on the calendar issue - I mentioned it before on this thread but it hasn't been answered conclusively.

As for the GPS and sync icons, there are several battery icon MODs going around that will also get you back to stock icons/status bar when applied. I used "Circular Battery Blue" and am happy with it, though I might swap it for the segmented version just based on appearance. Here is the one I used: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=756441

Alternate thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759004

Screen shot below.
    Darn I guess ill give it a try. see if there are any signal improvements.

Any special instructions to flash the OCv4 kernel? Or is it just flash the init.d file then the kernel via clockwork?
    So I flashed this over custom rom like an idiot and it failed, rebooted and now I'm stuck on the samsung boot animation. Any suggestions other than restoring to nandroid backup? Thank you.

Restore to stock using odin...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    So I flashed this over custom rom like an idiot and it failed, rebooted and now I'm stuck on the samsung boot animation. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Download Odin, the original rom for the vibrant put the phone in download mode and reflash it. Don't worry its really really really hard to brick the phone.
    hey guys I did the lagfix wrong by putting a different playlogo and userint file on the phone...is there a way for me to undo I and do it the right way?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App