Reason for the San Francisco 4G Delays

Search This thread

diomark

Jan 24, 2007
Getting 4g this morning at my house in outer richmond/sf. Nothing special though speed test from inside was 1300 down, 800 up.

-mark

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
Since I been hearing about these lolsuits (city vs providers) about ugly anntenas and preventing new ones to be put up, I suggest the carriers should just completly cut off service to the area until these cases are resolved. Just sayin. I cant stand people who stand in the way of progress.

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
Since I been hearing about these lolsuits (city vs providers) about ugly anntenas and preventing new ones to be put up, I suggest the carriers should just completly cut off service to the area until these cases are resolved. Just sayin. I cant stand people who stand in the way of progress.

I kind of agree with that. However the reality is they should be able to use existing towers for this "new" infrastructure. So I understand both sides of the fence...however with that being said. They can put one in my back yard...LOL I dont care.

diomark

Jan 24, 2007
I kind of agree with that. However the reality is they should be able to use existing towers for this "new" infrastructure. So I understand both sides of the fence...however with that being said. They can put one in my back yard...LOL I dont care.

They were using a preexisting tower for this, just new equipment.

-mark

liquidkernel

Aug 12, 2008
My girlfriend said she got a 4G signal today in the FiDi, near 2nd and Mission. Think I might switch to a Sense ROM for a few days...

I was at 750 Harrison last night and got 4G for the first time. Could have been the same 4G site your girlfriend was accessing. I was only getting one bar and the data rate was painfully slow (300kbps). Nice to know they are testing, though.

Niviac

Jun 21, 2010
Got this at New Montgomery and California today

Attachments

• 4Gdownload.jpg
    4Gdownload.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 36

ddavtian

Apr 17, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
Take a look at "Map Viewer" app, by Sensorly. Now it shows 4G in downtown SF and on Bay bridge, it was not green last week. Good coverage around San Jose. I live in Walnut Creek, had good signal in downtown.

ddavtian

Apr 17, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
I hadn't tried 4G in Walnut Creek until last week when I used Sensorly. At least here it seems to be accurate, there is a 4G signal where app shows it and no signal otherwise. I take Bart every day through SF to San Bruno, can never get 4G signal underground.

kageneko

Dec 17, 2007
4G in Sunnyvale, just off of 237 and Carribean. I'm seeing very good signals (2 arcs on the 4G symbol, 5-6 bars on the standard signal meter). Running a bandwidth test on speed.io, I get 2603kbps down, 960kbps up, with latency 173ms. On speedtest.net, I get similar numbers: 2.59Mbps down, .93mbps up, latancy 152ms. Now, when will the rest of the peninsula get lit up so I can have 4G on my entire commute?