[DISCONTINUED] [ROM] [Huawei IDEOS U8150] LEANdroid 12.06.1

Search This thread

bertans

Nov 13, 2009
Como
So for U8150 is disabled :)
Any ideas of enabling it? It provides good performance improvement.
Only a suggestion :)
Your suggestion is really welcome... how can we enable it? :eek:

ps. if we'll success I'll release V09.3

UPDATE: we did it with a little change in build.prop (dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit)

Last edited:
Reactions: ep690d

bertans

Nov 13, 2009
Como
I was sure it would be easy for you! ;)
I wasn't so sure... however the mod wasn't too difficult at all! ;)
Have you notice improvement enabling JIT?
Big improvement! Try by yourself... download Linpack from the market, run the test, then modify the build.prop (with Root Explorer or something similar), reboot the device and run the test again.

I passed from a score of 2300 to 3770 (more than 60% increase)! :D

Last edited:

cabtettere

Jan 4, 2011
Castelfranco Veneto
SD fix

I have another suggestion for this rom:

in /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb modify the default value (it should be 128) to 2048. Then reboot and test the read speed of yor sd card. You can use "SD Tool" for this porpouse.

You will see a big improvement!

This can be another good optimization for this rom!

Reactions: bertans

bertans

Nov 13, 2009
Como
in /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb modify the default value (it should be 128) to 2048
Interesting... but remember I'm just a not-so-smart-dummy-user! Where do I have to apply this fix? :eek:

UPDATE: I found it in my device (not in my ROM)... maybe in boot.iso? I'll looking forward it this evening!

Another question: why 2048 and not "just" 1024? My goal is to preserve resources for other apps!

ANOTHER UPDATE: I understand the permanent fix must be applied by init.d scripts... I choose not to use them, so I'm looking for another solution! Suggestions are welcome!

Last edited:

porfetx

Jan 20, 2011
Clean, simple, great optimization and very good performances... this rom is the best you can install on your ideos!

Reactions: bertans

cabtettere

Jan 4, 2011
Castelfranco Veneto
Interesting... but remember I'm just a not-so-smart-dummy-user! Where do I have to apply this fix? :eek:

UPDATE: I found it in my device (not in my ROM)... maybe in boot.iso? I'll looking forward it this evening!

Another question: why 2048 and not "just" 1024? My goal is to preserve resources for other apps!

ANOTHER UPDATE: I understand the permanent fix must be applied by init.d scripts... I choose not to use them, so I'm looking for another solution!

This is the dimension of the read cache,not an "application reservation" values.

I can't help now about setting this fix directly in ROM...

Sent from my Ideos using XDA App

bertans

Nov 13, 2009
Como
I have another suggestion for this rom:

in /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb modify the default value (it should be 128) to 2048. Then reboot and test the read speed of yor sd card. You can use "SD Tool" for this porpouse.

You will see a big improvement!

This can be another good optimization for this rom!
Done! New release avaiable... :eek:

Significant improvements in SD card writing (+10%) and reading (+100% and more).

ps. cabtettere in credits section for his useful suggestions

Last edited:

bertans

Nov 13, 2009
Como
What program can I use to edit the file on the phone without installing the new rom
If you manually edit the file you'll loose the modified setting at every reboot... I strongly suggest to upgrade your ROM (do not perform "wipe data/factory reset" in order to preserve all current data and settings). ;)

Smtih

Dec 10, 2010
Melbourne
If you manually edit the file you'll loose the modified setting at every reboot... I strongly suggest to upgrade your ROM (do not perform "wipe data/factory reset" in order to preserve all current data and settings). ;)

Ok thanks! just a few things i need to fix up if I reinstall the rom, so was hoping there was an easy way. Will flash the rom now!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lean stock ROM with a "few tweaks" and nothing more...

Chef: bertans
    Version: 12.06.1 (YY.MM.REVISION)
    Release date: 2012.06.12
    Description: DISCONTINUED PROJECT

Description: Android Froyo 2.2.1 based on stock-firmware V100R001C18B842
    Note: 164mb free memory (cache cleaning apps may erase the dalvik-cache, a simple reboot will restore it)

If you really like this ROM press the "THANKS" button on this post!

Change-log:
    • updated Gapps (Gmail, Maps, Vending)
    • CUST partition no longer used/required
    • updated root binary
    • added notepad
    Previous changes:
    • changed default gallery
    • removed Huawei folders in init.rc
    • rebuild ROM from scratch with original UPDATE.APP
    • Android 2.2.1 (FRG83)
    • updated APN list
    • removed unnecessary Gapps (download from Android Market)
    • unlocked automatic CPU idle stock-setting @122mhz
    • stock-enabled multi-touch on synaptics touchscreen
    • enabled multi-touch apps download
    • changed default network mode to GSM (new installation only)
    • format /cache directory during install
    • improved SD card speed (cache size 1024 Kb)
    • applied malware exploit patch
    • enabled regulatory domain
    • moved /data/dalvik-cache to /cache/dalvik-cache
    • Italy short operator names (3 ITA, TIM, vodafone IT, WIND)
    • Edify installation script
    • changed default sounds
    • optimized Dalvik-cache
    • changed default language
    • increased wi-fi scan interval
    • removed live wallpapers functionality
    • deodexed
    • zipaligned
    • rooted
    • enabled autofocus apps download (es. Goggles)
    • added notification sound "Messaggino" and "Pop"
    • added ringtone "Telegraph"
    Added software:(all credits to developers)

Removed software:(place .apk file in /system/app and reboot the device)

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nbl8pwnv2zwfb6b
    (size: 65.374.452 bytes, MD5: 1199a3a08a9927f0970ab4f9c84ce062)

Install procedure:
    • install this suggested recovery (ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 r1) by powering-on into bootloader mode (RED button + VOLUME DOWN button + POWER button) with this Universal Naked Driver (if requested by O.S.);
    • power-on into recovery and run the following wipe: "wipe data/factory reset";
    • select "Choose zip from sdcard" (in "Flash Zip from sdcard" menu) to install the cooked ROM and the eventual update.
    Update procedure:

To update from a previous build, after a backup (for security reasons), don't run any wipe!
    Clean the CUST directory before update LEANdroid (new builds don't use it anymore). Power-on into recovery and select "format /datadata" (in "mounts and storage" menu).
    Then select "Choose zip from sdcard" (in "Flash Zip from sdcard" menu) to update the cooked ROM.

Hints for developers:

If you want to cook your own ROM, take a look at this page... :D

Credits:

dsixda (kitchen developer), FUSIONdev (frequency and kernel guru), udK (recovery developer), ep690d (original ROM hunter), 1wayjonny (Universal Naked Driver) and many many many others!
    Hi folks,

today it's a strange day. I've just decided to discontinue LEANdroid but I'm not sad at all! In fact, yesterday I updated my Nexus S I9023 to Android 4.0.3 (stock) and I simply understood that Froyo is dead! :eek:

With Ice Cream Sandwich you don't have to cook a ROM, you can simply disable everything you don't need... but you can simply re-enable any "piece" when you need a specific function while keeping OTA active. Impressive, isn't it? :D

So, I think it's time to look forward (even if I'll use LEANdroid 11.10.2 on my IDEOS for my business) but you can still find bits of my ROM in LEANdroidMOD at this page. ;)

Thank you all, everyone who helps me building LEANdroid and everyone who gratify me installing LEANdroid. :eek:

End of line... JUMP! :cool:
    New minor release

Change-log:
    • changed default gallery
    • added notepad
    • removed Huawei folders in init.rc
    Great ROM. It would be great if you can add some small GUI adjastments, such as a better clock icon. Something small so you will not break the fast line of this ROM.

Great work!:)

I like the spirit of this rom because there are no frills.. only improvements and the original gui!
    New (minor) release available... fixed the bluetooth pairing problem and updated Android Market's app! :rolleyes: