Rebooting your NEO as a first fix. . .

Search This thread

markbc01

Dec 5, 2011
Pacific Grove, CA
I have a NEO and it's great, however I ran into a problem yesterday and missed the simplest fix to eliminate it. . .

If your gear 2 seems to not work well after installing new apps, please try rebooting the watch. This sounds basic, but it is a step that is often overlooked (ok, at least by me!) :D.

For example, I loaded about four-five of the new (paid & free) apps that have appeared on Samsung Apps website. After that, I suddenly noticed that my watch would not respond to "wake-up" motion. (Raise my hand, but it did not turn on, I had to press the home button).

I first thought that I would have to uninstall some offending app! However, after rebooting the watch. ..all worked well. ("Duuh" :)

This is a simple step that one often forgets. So, if your NEO seems to be sluggish or unresponsive after adding apps, reboot after loading (at least several) apps. . . . It solved the "wake-up" problem for me!

Reactions: BigDanInTX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a NEO and it's great, however I ran into a problem yesterday and missed the simplest fix to eliminate it. . .

If your gear 2 seems to not work well after installing new apps, please try rebooting the watch. This sounds basic, but it is a step that is often overlooked (ok, at least by me!) :D.

For example, I loaded about four-five of the new (paid & free) apps that have appeared on Samsung Apps website. After that, I suddenly noticed that my watch would not respond to "wake-up" motion. (Raise my hand, but it did not turn on, I had to press the home button).

I first thought that I would have to uninstall some offending app! However, after rebooting the watch. ..all worked well. ("Duuh" :)

This is a simple step that one often forgets. So, if your NEO seems to be sluggish or unresponsive after adding apps, reboot after loading (at least several) apps. . . . It solved the "wake-up" problem for me!
    I also found this to be a good cure for sudden surges of battery consumption...
    This thing reboots so quickly, it could hardly be considered inconvenient!! ;-]