Play Modern Combat with Mouse & Keyboard

Search This thread

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
I feel so scammed. I bought this and it doesn't even work...

The support forum is not really that great.

Dear OP, please make a tutorial...... Tried a wireless mouse, and no controls registered. Also a wired mouse did nothing as well.

How can you feel scammed when it seems to on your side the problem is. The app works just fine.
Isn't so hard to figure out how to setup. Follow the instructions inside the app.

If the app finds your mouse and keyboard everything should work. If the mouse don't be find you have to get a mouse that the app have drivers for.. Just contact the dev if you have a mouse that isn't supported and he will probably be able to find a solution.

In Modern Combat you use the classic control layout.

When inside the game press the Touch Edit button that you have assigned before inside the USB Joystick Center and the its just to place the onscreen touch button over the games buttons. And if the mouse movement don't work properly press the mouse real button 2 times and it will start to work

Asus Prime & Tapatalk

Last edited:

emwu13

Dec 3, 2010
When inside the game press the Touch Edit button that you have assigned before inside the USB Joystick Center and the its just to place the onscreen touch button over the games buttons. And if the mouse movement don't work properly press the mouse real button 2 times and it will start to work
This is exactly what i can't understand with my less english lang lol
Thats why i ask somebody to make a movie but i see this is too much.
Great thanks anyway :D

from Prime or SGS+ using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

xTRICKYxx

Jun 30, 2011
Jericho
www.youtube.com
This is exactly what i can't understand with my less english lang lol
Thats why i ask somebody to make a movie but i see this is too much.
Great thanks anyway :D

This too.

Its absolutely ridiculous how there is no good tutorial.

This should work for any game, right?

I have tried Modern Combat, Minecraft PE, and Shadowgun.

I have also tried 2 mice, and an external USB keyboard hooked up to my transformer's keyboard...

I plug in the mouse, start the app up and tap the IME key and select the special keyboard. Then I tap the J > T key and all of a sudden my keyboard and mouse no longer work (totally normal I believe).

This is where it gets fuzzy. I know I need to assign a key to EDIT mode (S?) on my keyboard and to select it when in a game. However, THAT NEVER WORKS. Nothing works. Not even assigning the P key to my mouse to try testing it.

Under Driver, I can see how each button on my mice and keyboard are detected perfectly.

I would really appreciate a tutorial where a human speaks and acts like the listener is 5.

Reactions: fjell_strom

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
You are rooted right?
Have you watched the video above. Can maybe be to little help.

Asus Prime & Tapatalk

emwu13

Dec 3, 2010
Guys who make this working in our prime! Its so difficult to make one short movie with step by step how you do this work...Please.... if i know how to do it ill do this with no asking from anybody, to help others who dont know how..... :(

And yes i got fully working root. The thing is i dont understand english so good to do it with the text help from the app thats why i ask for movie to SEE how you doing it.

emwu13

Dec 3, 2010
Finally i start to understand how it work with keyborad and i can assing the key but still have the problem with mouse. When i start the app the pop up shows it find a kayborad and two mouses as (normal i think) obviously one is physical! Keyboard "big" button show up but mouse don't...however when if I go to joystick2touch is see mouse click points but in game I cant assign it. What's wrong?
I have wireless MS 1000 mouse...
What mouse do you guys use???

Zephyrot

Dec 29, 2008
Stuttgart
Can this app simulate swipes in a specific part of the screen? Im asking cause in Order and Chaos you have 2 spell bars with only 3 spells each, and the way to switch between these bars is doing a swipe on the lower right corner on the screen.

I would love to be able to play the game with Keyboard & Mouse ^^

emwu13

Dec 3, 2010
Unfortunately dont work that way :( I play OAC only on keyboard and its ok...only use screen to change those bars, rest on keybord :)

ryanbell

Jun 6, 2010
Application Crashes.

Is states USB Stick -> Joypad Terminated!

Then the mouse and **** stop working.

I have tired with 3 different Roms.----

Def - Application problem.

mibo666

Sep 19, 2010
This app working for me with all apps :) :) I have already configuered fifa12, shadowgun, mc3, nova3, sonic 2, Samurai 2, reckless racing 2, dead space, Mass effecr and death rally.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium HD app

emwu13

Dec 3, 2010
Nice can you say what mouse you got....and how the hell you configure the slides to do trough passes in fifa12?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
How do i have to map the keys? I can map the keys, but when i am pressing them nothing happen

You map them how you want. No special layout. Just use the keys that you like.

Can be wrong but the main reason that some have problems is that they just launch the application and have the mouse and keyboard connected and then think that it's done.

After you have got the mouse and keyboard connect and done you for the most time don't need the change the key mapping.

To get the it to work inside games you have to place out the onscreen touch keys.

It's this feature that is so nice in this app and sixaxis controller app. That you can "emulate" your fingers touching the screen and that is way we can play all games with those apps.

They simple make the mouse, keyboard, gamepad act like fingers touching the buttons that is in the game and on the screen.

So So if your mouse, keyboard, gamepad is registered inside the app next step is to place out your "fingertips "

If you have done so and it still doesn't work you some time have to press "mouse real" 2 times to get it to work. If that don't work restart.

And you can also try different layout in the game settings, some work better with touch profiles.

And all mouse don't work.

Edit.. And is hard to share profiles because is to many things that can different between device.
If you really want to get it to work you just need to sit down and read the help text inside the app and look at the forum. All you need to know is there. Only take some minutes that setup a game if you understand what to do.. And

Last edited:

archosfan

Dec 3, 2010
I made everything like in the video. But when I press the key for the mapping in the game, nothing happens.

emwu13

Dec 3, 2010
You need to start both (joystick centre and joy2touch) first.
In joystick centre turn on "ime" (upper left side) and choose joyime. You should see the popup with real keyboard and real mouse found.
The mouse and kayboard should show up (two white buttons with their names) if not try to press any key on mouse and keyboard.
Now turn on "j/t" (upper right side).
Click on "Keyboard" button and set the "touch edit-m" and the "real mouse" keys on it.
Now you must go out from joystick center by press the "back"(not "home" its very important!!!)
Now when you press the "touch edit-m" key the "edit mode" should start no matter where you are. If it shows it means it work (turn off by pressing "touch edit-m" kay again).
Launch the game and level, press it again and set your "fingerprints" in places where are the game buttons(by pressing on kaybord buttons),sticks (by pressing W,S,A or D), slider (by moving the mouse) + the screen (in the place you wanna have it)
If you set everything just press the "touch edit-m" key again to save and exit this mode and everything should works perfectly :)

I hope this will help somebody :)

Good luck!

From SGS+ or PRIME using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to the dev Poke64738 We now can play all of or favorite game using the keyboard dock and mouse.

Really easy to setup and all you need to know can be find inside the app. And there is also a support forum were you can get help and instructions from the dev. He answer question really fast and is helpful.

- You Need root
    - USB/BT Joystick Center 6
    - USB/BT Joystick2Touch AddOn 3
    - Support forum

Im going 2 be entirely honest I love the Idea but even through the forums there is no step by step tutorial and nothing is helpfull. I purchased this app about the same time I got my tf201 and never understood how to set keys etc. It would be awesome if you could make a video explaining how you map things and how its saved etc.
    Ive played it on my phone before and have a titanium backup of it. Is it possible to restore it with the app for the prime so i dont have to repeat playing the same levels?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

You could try installing DataSync or SaveShare on your phone and sync it that way.
    With Renaissance THD coming out in June the whole prospect of this excites me greatly... :D

Sidenote: Does anyone know how to embed a youtube video? This isn't working for me. :/

Only instert the the last part of the youtube link. The ones i have maid bold

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJkw4buDoyQ

Asus Prime & Tapatalk
    I feel so scammed. I bought this and it doesn't even work...

The support forum is not really that great.

Dear OP, please make a tutorial...... Tried a wireless mouse, and no controls registered. Also a wired mouse did nothing as well.