[Q&A]HTC Desire X help thread, newbies post here first

1. Think a help thread is needed? 2. Would you support/participate? 3. Add anything?

• 1: Oh yes!

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • 1: Oh hell no!

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 2: Yes - PMing you now!

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 2: I'd rather see how it goes first

• 2: Not likely

• 3: Nope - it's good how it is!

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • 3: Yeah - suggestions in new post please

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
Hi, is there any possible way to put normal baterry indicator, no matter is it widget, or the part of a wheather and clock widget, i want to see percent indicator.

Thank you in advance.

Install Mini Info Widget.

See the screenshot, it looks fine for me.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356696472557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356696472557.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 223

imbtrthanu

Sep 27, 2012
Hi, I just rooted and installed cwm but my capacitative buttons don't light up. advice?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app

meherzad

Dec 30, 2012
can anyone tell me how to get a s-off..? will i be then able to flash boot.image using cwm in my dx..??????:confused::confused::confused:

kvmacabre

Dec 25, 2012
Installed App Shortcuts

Hello all,

I have a question & I'm sure you guys will know the answer :p

When I download new apps from the Play Store, it automatically creates shortcuts on my home screen (or on a secondary home screen if it's full) after the app has been downloaded & installed.
I find this very annoying because I have my own structure for shortcuts, folders etc., so after the install I have to go and remove all the newly created shortcuts..
Is there an option somewhere for this that I can turn off ?
My DX is running on the stock rom.

Thanks !

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
Hello all,

I have a question & I'm sure you guys will know the answer :p

When I download new apps from the Play Store, it automatically creates shortcuts on my home screen (or on a secondary home screen if it's full) after the app has been downloaded & installed.
I find this very annoying because I have my own structure for shortcuts, folders etc., so after the install I have to go and remove all the newly created shortcuts..
Is there an option somewhere for this that I can turn off ?
My DX is running on the stock rom.

Thanks !

In Play Store settings just uncheck auto-add wigdets option.

kvmacabre

Dec 25, 2012
In Play Store settings just uncheck auto-add wigdets option.

thanks nlooooo, if I had spent as much time trying to look for the answer myself than I did posting my question, I would have been there already, for some reason I assumed there was no easy solution instead of looking for it first.. talk about being lazy ;)

In the mean time, I have another question:

I'm in an office building where there is a WiFi network that connects directly to the internet, which can be used to bypass the proxy server restrictions on the LAN.
The SSID is not being broadcasted, so the network needs to be added manually.

When I do this on my DX (stock rom), I have 4 different choices for the network security:

- None
- WEP
- WPA/WPA2 PSK
- 802.1x EAP

I can connect to this WiFi network with my laptop without issues, with the security settings set to WPA-Personal / TKIP.
But I am unable to configure the network security settings correctly on my phone and thus it will not connect.

Any ideas ?

PS: I do not have rights/access to change settings on the WiFi AP itself.

Last edited:

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
It should be WPA/WPA2 PSK.

However it also depends on wifi protocol type. DesX supports 802.11 b/g/n but the router could be 'a' or 'ac' or some other protocol type.

Last edited:

AxR979

Apr 17, 2009
If i change a font it'll get back to the stock after rebooting due to the temp root .. any idea how to keep it ?

a workaround will be a hot reboot

CrimsonRid

Jan 8, 2013
I can't for some reason unlock the bootloader.

I am trying the all-in-one tool from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943822 but that gets stuck on the third step.
My phone reboots, launches into to some sort of bootscreen, it displays a circle made of two arrows with one arrow pointing down. And then after a while, it displays a triangle that looks like some of error icon and does nothing anymore.

Anyone else having these problems?

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
I can't for some reason unlock the bootloader.

I am trying the all-in-one tool from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943822 but that gets stuck on the third step.
My phone reboots, launches into to some sort of bootscreen, it displays a circle made of two arrows with one arrow pointing down. And then after a while, it displays a triangle that looks like some of error icon and does nothing anymore.

Anyone else having these problems?

It's restarting to recovery not bootloader. Go to tutorial in my signature and my sudestion to you is to do it regularly over htcdev.com.

Reactions: CrimsonRid

djaj99

Apr 23, 2011
hello,
recently got a htc desire x but it gets warm after say 15 mins of usage.
does nybody hav tis sort of problem?
I have a an app which shows the temp.
da phone temp went to 42 *C. is tis normal?

MaartenXDA

Oct 2, 2012
Amsterdam
updated a few apps. installed 2 new games and wi fi was on..

i strd playing one of the games wen i noticed tht it was getting warm., game was "subway surf".

That's just the games fault, the phone doesn't heat with other apps.
But it also heats up with minecraft.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC Desire X Help Thread

Welcome to the HTC Desire X help thread! You can ask all questions here without the need of background knowledge. This thread is dedicated to solve users problems, so if you don't want to start a new thread for your question, ask it here. Members ready to help will be monitoring this thread and provide answers as soon as possible. For the list of supporters, see here

List of supporters
    dansou901 General phone knowledge, especially with rooting / flashing / S-OFF
    rirozizo battery guru and all around Android guy
    GtrCraft General phone knowledge, experienced with flashing / rooting / S-OFF as well as MODs, apps and minor modding
    CurtisMJ General rooting and Android knowledge + app development (java)
    $îMpŁÿ_¢ØmPłİÇåŤęĎ General knowledge about Rooting, Flashing, Testing etc.​

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @ like above. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list,just make a request here in the thread!

ROM developers: Please read this. Consider if you want to have a ROM specific help thread or not, if not, most likely questions about your ROM will be asked here if the users aren't eligable for posting in development section.

To all of you: Remember the Rules and the Forum Etiquette
    To all: Before posting any questions, please read this and have a look at this. Many questions you may have may alreay be answered there. And don't forget to use search!
    Stickied

OK, I'll stick this one for now. It looks useful for basic needs. Keep up the effort, mate :fingers-crossed:
    FAQ

Will add some FAQs here later and eventually update it as more questions appear. Suggestions welcome!
    I tried too, can't on chrome, people say It's available on firefox, but didn't work either... So I don't know, sorry.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium