Galaxy Note II - India

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I'm not able to format the memory card :( Tried both from my computer and the phone. Tried everything, nothing helped. I'm able to read all the files that already were written in it. Not able to write anything new :( Does this mean my card has gotten corrupted?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

what exact error occurs when you try fomatting on PC?
some card adopter having small pin (lock) to write protect check it, but this won't in case of mobile and you should able to format on Mobile device.

Last edited:
Reactions: iampunX

sumeshd

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai
I am facing a very strange issue lately that my 3G doesn't work properly at my workplace. The signal bar appears full and 3G icon is also there for all the time but there is no internet access.

The internet works on its own at some random intervals i.e. I'll suddenly get the mails,whatsapp etc. I tried calling the customer care but CC in India is like banging your head against the wall. I have not touched the APN settings ever and have been using the same settings since past 3 years for using internet on my mobile.

I am on stock rooted ROM so that's not an issue too. 3G works perfectly fine at my home (I suppose :p coz m on wifi for most of the time). It's quite frustrating for me when I try to access the net on mobile as it doesn't work.

Please give some advice as what shall I do coz m not able to find any solution for this problem since 2 months :(

I live in Delhi and use IDEA cellular. (they borrow 3G services from Vodafone in Delhi) and my office is in Gurgaon.

Please suggest something (and sorry for such a long post but my problem is quite frustrating)

Buddy even I am facing the same issue with idea in delhi..
Was in gujarat last week..even have idea guj sim there no probs there
It seems there's prob with idea delhi lately..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I am facing a very strange issue lately that my 3G doesn't work properly at my workplace. The signal bar appears full and 3G icon is also there for all the time but there is no internet access.

The internet works on its own at some random intervals i.e. I'll suddenly get the mails,whatsapp etc. I tried calling the customer care but CC in India is like banging your head against the wall. I have not touched the APN settings ever and have been using the same settings since past 3 years for using internet on my mobile.

I am on stock rooted ROM so that's not an issue too. 3G works perfectly fine at my home (I suppose :p coz m on wifi for most of the time). It's quite frustrating for me when I try to access the net on mobile as it doesn't work.

Please give some advice as what shall I do coz m not able to find any solution for this problem since 2 months :(

I live in Delhi and use IDEA cellular. (they borrow 3G services from Vodafone in Delhi) and my office is in Gurgaon.

Please suggest something (and sorry for such a long post but my problem is quite frustrating)
if this happens to particularly single place then chances are there issue is from server side (particular cell tower)
thogh do this
setting - wireless - mobile network - access point name - open APN you are seeing under this menu and delete
then press menu key and select reset to default

iampunX

Sep 2, 2012
Calicut
www.twitter.com
what exact error occurs when you try fomatting on PC?
some card adopter having small pin (lock) to write protect check it, but this won't in case of mobile and you should able to format on Mobile device.

No I've had that sliding switch unlocked and still this was the error that I got, that Windows was unable to complete the format. Tried both quick and normal format. Later reinserted the card to my phone, tried again and it gave the format complete dialog but it would continue to show only 1.6 GB of free space. The remaining space is populated with other files that I've been using and they are still working well.

kuberchib

Jul 19, 2011
Buddy even I am facing the same issue with idea in delhi..
Was in gujarat last week..even have idea guj sim there no probs there
It seems there's prob with idea delhi lately..

I guess MNP is the only solution left for me :(

if this happens to particularly single place then chances are there issue is from server side (particular cell tower)
thogh do this
setting - wireless - mobile network - access point name - open APN you are seeing under this menu and delete
then press menu key and select reset to default

I have done that..I even did the factory reset but to no use..

shethsa

Dec 23, 2010
Mumbai
Facing intermittent problems with smart rotation. After using some apps, those apps by default open in landscape mode despite rotating the phone to portrait. Eg quickpik, mx player etc. Don't know if this caused by the smart rotation feature.

jujuburi

Sep 10, 2011
Facing intermittent problems with smart rotation. After using some apps, those apps by default open in landscape mode despite rotating the phone to portrait. Eg quickpik, mx player etc. Don't know if this caused by the smart rotation feature.

Well tbh that Smart Rotation thing did give me annoying problems, so I turned it off, much peaceful. Not very smart.

PS: Guys I want to switch to a custom kernel? Which one should I use, Perseus or else, with Stock ROM? Main goal is to achieve good battery life.
Thanks in advance.

'Swyped' from my GT-N7100

Last edited:

CharlieGarg

Jan 5, 2013
Punjab
Please help... I have bought a Sandisk 32 GB Ultra Micro SD. Now my note 2 keep giving Notifications ' SD Card remove unexpectadily > Remove SD Card> Prepairing SD Card"

Now is that something wrong with my Note 2 or the SD card

jitin02

Mar 17, 2009
Unknown
www.safaribikes.com
Please help... I have bought a Sandisk 32 GB Ultra Micro SD. Now my note 2 keep giving Notifications ' SD Card remove unexpectadily > Remove SD Card> Prepairing SD Card"

Note 2 is totally alright. Dont Worry !.
I also have the same issue with my 32Gb Sdcard . facing it from last 20days.
Tried formating (Fat32) , also tried ExtFat, .....................But still the same issue (formating keeps the card stable for 2-3 hoursafter that issue start again, due to which it sucked alot battery.)

if you or any 1 have solution please share.........................or any1 want to buy my 32 gig sdcard , please Pm. :silly:

Reactions: CharlieGarg

SacGuru

Dec 9, 2012
Try Perseus. Using it since it came out.

Sent from my GT-N7100

I am kind of a newbie on this, so I will just have to flash the new kernel, for it to work with my Stock ROM? Also, after flashing the kernel, will I be able to retain the data on my internal device storage?

Sent from my GT-N7100.

Those who help noobs go to heaven. True story.

Dpk1

May 24, 2012

I've been using a Sandisk 64gb class 10 microSD with my Note2 for 2 months now, and i have no such issues. Card is blazing fast whether reading or writing. I only formatted it once (via phone) before using it. I also have a 32 gb sandisk class10 and that too with zero issues. I bought both cards from a reliable shop with bill & warranty. However, I haven't tested large file (>4gb) transfers on it yet (coz i don't really have any).

I've also read that some members have faced similar issues like yours. It seems the only permanent solution for it is to get your SD card replaced with a new one under warranty (i'm guessing u do have one, right?). Might as well wanna look into this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2060405
Hope it helps.

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
SD card problem is not due to Note II. I am facing it even on my Ace. Its basically a problem with sandisk's ultra cards. There's a thread on xda with a solution to the problem. Please search, I cant find it as of now.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

I've been using a Sandisk 64gb class 10 microSD with my Note2 for 2 months now, and i have no such issues. Card is blazing fast whether reading or writing. I only formatted it once (via phone) before using it. I also have a 32 gb sandisk class10 and that too with zero issues. I bought both cards from a reliable shop with bill & warranty. However, I haven't tested large file (>4gb) transfers on it yet (coz i don't really have any).

I've also read that some members have faced similar issues like yours. It seems the only permanent solution for it is to get your SD card replaced with a new one under warranty (i'm guessing u do have one, right?). Might as well wanna look into this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2060405
Hope it helps.

My card was in warranty and I got a replacement. The sad thing is that the new card died too. Within days. Sandisk isnt even taking this seriously. I dont know why? This attitude of sandisk is causing problems. I purchased two cards and they cost a lot here in India. I cant even sell them to anyone because almost everyone knows about this issue now.

benzmar

Nov 21, 2010
Hi, got some update again over the air. Here are the details. My root gone. Any one click available without Odin?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360944466383.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360944466383.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 137

Top Liked Posts