[Guide] Huawei Ascend Y300 Unlock & Root

Search This thread

elmkzgirxp

May 16, 2013
do you put dload folder in root of sd card ?

Force upgrade already works. But it only shows a pink bar without text. I wouldn't know if it's unpacking or installing. Now, my problem is that I think that I'm stuck at unpacking even if there's no text because it stopped loading.

I have a question: Can I flash a stock recovery through UPDATE.APP? Only the stock recovery.

OmenHTX

Mar 13, 2012
POLAND
Force upgrade already works. But it only shows a pink bar without text. I wouldn't know if it's unpacking or installing. Now, my problem is that I think that I'm stuck at unpacking even if there's no text because it stopped loading.

I have a question: Can I flash a stock recovery through UPDATE.APP? Only the stock recovery.

you must install stock recovery.img like trwp.img by flashboot, but i cant extract recovery from stock update.app

OmenHTX

Mar 13, 2012
POLAND
Yeah, I know. I tried contacting Huawei and requested an update.app for V100R001C000B182. But they kept telling me to let it checked from a local Huawei store, which there isn't.

Is there another place where I can download an update.app?

i know only this firmware from Huawei (no brand) LINK , 176,178 are branded, where did you get info about 182 ?

danijeltt

Apr 19, 2011
Hack tool a real problem. He wiped the IMEI but sometimes do not make the correct Beckup. I made ​​Beckup but can not return it. Or I may have accidentally done Beckup IMEI 0. Try to put it HUAWEI_Y300_firmware%28Y300-0100%2CAndroid%204.1%2CEmotion_UI%2CV100R001C00B175%2CNormal%2C05011FKA%29. Works but no IMEI. good luck:eek:
sry update firmware Y300-0100_Android_4.1_Emotion_UI_V100R001C00B175_Normal_05011FKA

Last edited:

elmkzgirxp

May 16, 2013
Hack tool a real problem. He wiped the IMEI but sometimes do not make the correct Beckup. I made ​​Beckup but can not return it. Or I may have accidentally done Beckup IMEI 0. Try to put it HUAWEI_Y300_firmware%28Y300-0100%2CAndroid%204.1%2CEmotion_UI%2CV100R001C00B175%2CNormal%2C05011FKA%29. Works but no IMEI. good luck:eek:

What do you mean by "Try to put it HUAWEI_Y300_firmware%28Y300-0100%2CAndroid%204.1%2CEmotion_UI%2CV100R001C00B175%2CNormal%2C05011FKA%29"?

If you are having trouble restoring your IMEI, try putting the OEMINFO-BACKUP to /sdcard or /storage/sdcard0 since /sdcard and /storage/sdcard0 are both internal storage.

booklet12

Apr 14, 2012
Hi all,

Is there any download link for the latest B184 firmware (Y300-0100)? Kindly advise. Many thanks...
Anyone here has sucessfully made a nandroid backup? Which patch are u using??

Regards.

hoangchau113

Jun 4, 2013
I need your help

Huawei Ascend Y300 Unlock & Root [How To / Tutorial]

This great little Android 4.1 smartphone has been released to the German market a week ago. At a price tag of merely 150,00 Euro, it's a steal.

But no fun without root, right ?

Now, Huawei locks and secures the bootloader, which makes flashing a custom recovery impossible without messing with the bootloader code itself.

Luckily, i found out that you can request a bootloader unlock-token on the Chinese Huawei website. After unlocking with
Code:
fastboot oem unlock XXX16-digits-codeXXX
we can flash a china-made (aka chinese-language only) ClockworkMod v6.1, that has been compiled for the Y300. After installing SuperSU from CMW, you GOT ROOT.

I have written an extensive dummy-style tutorial on my tumblr blog. Unfortunately, the forum wont let me post outside links. Please go to this URL:

huawei-y300.tumblr.com

Have fun! :D
Can u give me system update app of your phone? I need Update system from sd card feature

AndronoobS3

Mar 18, 2012
Split
Hi guys!
Week ago I bought Ascend Y300 locker to Croatia T-Mobile network. As you guess, it's branded (startup i shutdown T-Mobile logo, T-Mobile ringtones ect.).
I requested code for unlock bootloader from huawei and this morning code arrived:)
Version of software is: Y300-0100V100R001HRVC150B151
I need few answers.
If I flash mobile with official Huawei rom (http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwi...=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcxNDI=) will I loose Croatian language? Do I need unlock bootloader first for flashing this official rom?
Last question:)
I ordered sim unlock code for unlocking so I can use Croatian Vipnet network. Can I unlock phone with this code after putting original non branded firmware or I must do this before?
Tnx in advance.
----------------
EDIT:
I put sim card which phone did not accept and enter sim unlock code and voila! Phone is unlocked:)
Next I tried to put original firmware but none of methods wont work (forced update with fastboot turned off - normal upgrade from update option in phone). Starts unpacking and when showed installing just shows yellow triangle with message ˝update failed˝.
Any solution for this? I did not unlock bootloader since I wont install custom firmware (for now:)).

Last edited:

djole33

Dec 2, 2008
Hi i install official rom from Huawei site b175 and i lost my notifications toggle on Huawei g300 on vendor folder open notifications toggle what i doing now it's wary frustration for me pleas help

AndronoobS3

Mar 18, 2012
Split
Hi i install official rom from Huawei site b175 and i lost my notifications toggle on Huawei g300 on vendor folder open notifications toggle what i doing now it's wary frustration for me pleas help
I have a same problem. No notification screen! Wtf? Tried few times flashing with official rom from Huawei but no luck.
EDIT:
Great! I completelly f....d up phone:(
I tried to restore oem info because my imei is blank, but cmd says that there is nos oem-info on my mem card but it exist as you can see in pictures.

and here

Last edited:

AndronoobS3

Mar 18, 2012
Split
I think that I restore my IMEI. I put phone transfer to MPT and started restore oeminfo and it showed that operation is done. When phone reboots it shows Huawei logo which has been before when T-Mobile rom was in it but it cannot boots because that inside is stock Huawei rom which I didnt manage to install with my IMEI. Now my phone has my original IMEI but stock Huawei rom and cannot boot. I tried to force download again stock rom but it not allow (yellow triangle after unpacking).
Is there any T-Mobile rom so I can restore my phone?
EDIT:
Phone boots normally after I cleared cache in TWRP:)
I put my sim card and everything works so original Huawei rom stays. Only notification bar missing but I wont touch anything because i two days I lost few years of life finding solution:)

Last edited:

elmkzgirxp

May 16, 2013
I think that I restore my IMEI. I put phone transfer to MPT and started restore oeminfo and it showed that operation is done. When phone reboots it shows Huawei logo which has been before when T-Mobile rom was in it but it cannot boots because that inside is stock Huawei rom which I didnt manage to install with my IMEI. Now my phone has my original IMEI but stock Huawei rom and cannot boot. I tried to force download again stock rom but it not allow (yellow triangle after unpacking).
Is there any T-Mobile rom so I can restore my phone?
EDIT:
Phone boots normally after I cleared cache in TWRP:)
I put my sim card and everything works so original Huawei rom stays.

You should've done a full backup before hacking your imei so that after you flashed the original firmware, you can restore to your branded firmware.

It's always important to make backups.

Only notification bar missing but I wont touch anything because i two days I lost few years of life finding solution:)

You can add mods for the notification bar. You can find it here: http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-custom-roms-modding-fuer-huawei-ascend-y300/

The mod is for o2 devices, maybe it'll work. Do this only at your own risk.

Last edited:

AndronoobS3

Mar 18, 2012
Split
You should've done a full backup before hacking your imei so that after you flashed the original firmware, you can restore to your branded firmware.

It's always important to make backups.

You can add mods for the notification bar. You can find it here: http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-custom-roms-modding-fuer-huawei-ascend-y300/

The mod is for o2 devices, maybe it'll work. Do this only at your own risk.
This mod not work for me. I will waiting to someone make possible to install original rom without touching imei. Ofcourse and Huawei must fix problems with notification bar in their rom.
I know that backup is most important but I was too quick and now I pay my stupidness:)

sm_atuno

Jun 17, 2013
stock rom installation problem

I have upgraded my y300-100 from stock b164 to b182 middle east varient then b190 by ota. I found that there is no notification bar in this release. So I want go back to stock. I've collected the stock ROM from local service center. When I tried to install it from SD card, installation failed after unpacking. What to do now? Please help..

Last edited:

djole33

Dec 2, 2008
I have upgraded my y300-100 from stock b164 to b182 middle east varient then b190 by ota. I found that there is no notification bar in this release. So I want go back to stock. I've collected the stock ROM from local service center. When I tried to install it from SD card, installation failed after unpacking. What to do now? Please help..

seat and cry

elmkzgirxp

May 16, 2013

Even though you'll revert back to stock, there still wouldn't be a notification panel unless you'll install the vendor folder included with the dload folder. But if you want to revert back to stock, you'll have to backup and hack your imei then flash the dload folder. Then install a mod for the notification panel through TWRP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei Ascend Y300 Unlock & Root [How To / Tutorial]

This great little Android 4.1 smartphone has been released to the German market a week ago. At a price tag of merely 150,00 Euro, it's a steal.

But no fun without root, right ?

Now, Huawei locks and secures the bootloader, which makes flashing a custom recovery impossible without messing with the bootloader code itself.

Luckily, i found out that you can request a bootloader unlock-token on the Chinese Huawei website. After unlocking with
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock XXX16-digits-codeXXX
    we can flash a china-made (aka chinese-language only) ClockworkMod v6.1, that has been compiled for the Y300. After installing SuperSU from CMW, you GOT ROOT.

I have written an extensive dummy-style tutorial on my tumblr blog. Unfortunately, the forum wont let me post outside links. Please go to this URL:

huawei-y300.tumblr.com

Have fun! :D
    You can't install a stock rom, because your IMEI did'nt allow it. The Y300 are saled under two different versions. The one from telefonica and the other for the open market. Open market phones can install the b176cz and the official b175 from huawei. The telefonica devices can only install the official update from huawei, but you got no triggers in the notificationbar. (But theres a fix for telefonica devices made by me, see attachment)
    The solution ist the OEM Info Hack Tool, wich craete a backup of your IMEI, write a custom IMEI, let you flash a rom (b176) and after that it restore your backuped IMEI. Now you are on b176 with telefonica devices. The readme is inside the package.

Btw, other backups and roms could be found here. But remember, it's for Huawei Y300-0100 (U8833-1)
    I'm going to buy this phone for my mother, it's good?
    Good signal? for US$ 130 is kinda'right?

For you it would be around 190$ in comparison to 150€. 1€ equals 1,31$ at the moment.

The signal is way better than my SGS+ I used before I got my Y300. And I can recommend it to everyone who is not searching for something too expensive. It runs at an average speed and the OS is nearly up-to-date with 4.1.1. The only thing which is disturbing for me is the EmotionUI 1.0 which Huawei uses. But besides that it's perfect for that price! :victory:
    still have one crazy idea what i havent tried...
    maybe shankars method can work for you.

only on your own risk!
    i would first put back the twrp and wipe out everything, i mean everything from the phone
    then reboot into bootloader mode and flash back the original recovery, which can be extracted from
    the new firmware build.
    relock the bootloader now and try the UPDATE.APP in the dload folder, booted up with both volume buttons pressed.

maybe it could work, but i can render your phone to a brick like mine, because if the update not going to finish you also not going to have other choice than sending back to service (takes around 4-6 weeks!)

i find backup of huawei y300!
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1k3jyfhih9g2pg/Ug920rf4GO
    after restore the backup my phone was repaired:)
    It will not turn on anymore. Even after factory reset. It says "Turning Wi-Fi on..." but nothing happens.

Here's what you have to do:

1. Your bootloader must be unlocked, if it is locked, this won't help you.
    2. Download the B176 stock recovery from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvnwg21k9ib6don/Recovery Stock [B176].rar

3. Download Android SDK:

developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

4. Go to fastboot. Hold power + up and down volumes for 10 seconds.
    5. Connect your phone to your pc.
    5.a extract the stock recovery rar and copy the recovery-new.img to the address of the next step.
    6. Go to the folder adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools then hold ctrl + shift then right click on an empty space and click open command window here.
    7. Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery-new.img"
    8. Turn off your phone and turn it on again.

Then you will be redirected to the stock recovery and do some wipes and boot you into your phone. Good luck!

Sent from my B1-A71 using Tapatalk HD