sd card issue

Search This thread

zubsz

Nov 4, 2011
Birmingham, UK
Hi Guys, I did a stupid thing last night and unplugged my SD card from the computer whilst wiping data on the card as it took ages to progress and I thought the application hung up. The sd card does appear mounted on the computer with the adapter but cannot access it. I used the following program to wipe data: easeus partition master. I wiped data(Tried at least) because I had issues with mounting the sd card on my nexus 5 with usb otg using stickmount. Edit: I've already formatted the sd card to fat32 days ago.

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
Hi Guys, I did a stupid thing last night and unplugged my SD card from the computer whilst wiping data on the card as it took ages to progress and I thought the application hung up. The sd card does appear mounted on the computer with the adapter but cannot access it. I used the following program to wipe data: easeus partition master. I wiped data(Tried at least) because I had issues with mounting the sd card on my nexus 5 with usb otg using stickmount. Edit: I've already formatted the sd card to fat32 days ago.

You cant do any of that on a non USB mass storage . You probably messed the driver and need to reinstall it again and maybe reflash cache.img to fix storage if the phone is softbricked.
Don't use any 3rd party desktop software to handle the storage in the nexus 5. direct access via explorer is all you need and cmd for adb and fastboot.

Reactions: zubsz

Gorgtech

Sep 3, 2012
Nuremberg
Hello,

did you try to reactivate the sd card with eg. gparted under Linux ? This tool is my first choice when it comes to editing partition information.

You don´t need to have a linux distribution installed, simply grab yourself a gparted live cd and you´re good to go ;) :good:

http://gparted.org/livecd.php

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Hello,

did you try to reactivate the sd card with eg. gparted under Linux ? This tool is my first choice when it comes to editing partition information.

You don´t need to have a linux distribution installed, simply grab yourself a gparted live cd and you´re good to go ;) :good:

Yes, Agree. Easeus is good but its only as good as windows so if you're having trouble mounting and formatting the sdcard in Windows, try gparted.

If that doesn't work, you could have screwed the sdcard. Luckily they're really cheap nowadays

varuntis1993

Apr 7, 2013
New Delhi

I think you are talking about external sd card. There are many softwares for windows for formatting them.

Last edited:

zubsz

Nov 4, 2011
Birmingham, UK
You cant do any of that on a non USB mass storage . You probably messed the driver and need to reinstall it again and maybe reflash cache.img to fix storage if the phone is softbricked.
Don't use any 3rd party desktop software to handle the storage in the nexus 5. direct access via explorer is all you need and cmd for adb and fastboot.

Sorry what I mean was my sandisk 64gb micro sd card, not the phone's sd card.

zubsz

Nov 4, 2011
Birmingham, UK
Yes, Agree. Easeus is good but its only as good as windows so if you're having trouble mounting and formatting the sdcard in Windows, try gparted.

If that doesn't work, you could have screwed the sdcard. Luckily they're really cheap nowadays

£33 for an sd card isn't really cheap for me. But if it comes to that, I wouldn't mind buying another.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello,

Hello,

I think you are talking about external sd card. There are many softwares for windows for formatting them.
    Yes I'm talking about my micrso sd card, So I would just need to format it then?

Yea just try it.